Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Supermarket Sweep Needs Your Help!  (Read 6942 times)

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
Supermarket Sweep Needs Your Help!
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2003, 10:27:55 AM »
While GSN on the surface sounds like a natural choice, I don't think it's a good fit.

They probably wouldn't order more than 65 episodes, although they should make an exception for this.

Plus, they probably would repeat the episodes into the ground.

I'm not sure what the viewership is: PAX v. GSN, but I thing viewerwise, GSN would be a step down.
Christopher -

You are familiar with the concept of cancellation, aren't you? It means no new episodes will be produced, telecast or viewed. If they can sell 13 weeks to GSN it would be a commitment for more episodes than they have now, which is zero.

cmjb13

« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2003, 11:09:42 AM »
[quote name=\'chris319\' date=\'Aug 7 2003, 09:27 AM\']
While GSN on the surface sounds like a natural choice, I don't think it's a good fit.

They probably wouldn't order more than 65 episodes, although they should make an exception for this.

Plus, they probably would repeat the episodes into the ground.

I'm not sure what the viewership is: PAX v. GSN, but I thing viewerwise, GSN would be a step down.
Christopher -

You are familiar with the concept of cancellation, aren't you? It means no new episodes will be produced, telecast or viewed. If they can sell 13 weeks to GSN it would be a commitment for more episodes than they have now, which is zero. [/quote]
 I should have clarified that GSN would not be the better option if Pax continued the show at it's current state.

Christopher?

Geez, only my mother calls me that :)
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

ChuckNet

« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2003, 12:36:05 PM »
On the other hand, ABC Family may double-cross us and get the whole run of Change of Heart instead! If THAT happens, ABC Family may just as well be off the air themselves!

Nah, I don't think CoH fits into their concept of \"family friendly\" programming.

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious \"Chuckie Baby\")

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2003, 12:44:44 PM »
[quote name=\'ChuckNet\' date=\'Aug 7 2003, 09:36 AM\'] Nah, I don't think CoH fits into their concept of "family friendly" programming.

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious "Chuckie Baby") [/quote]
 This is the same network that runs Drew's Line almost every night. Granted, it's at 10:00PM, but that show is chock-full of not-terribly-family-friendly innuendo...
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Casey

« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2003, 03:58:07 PM »
Really, this seems like the perfect show for GSN.  It doesn't have tremendous prize budget.  (It'd be on par with Lingo really).  It would be an original, and it'd actually be nice to see a \"new, classic\" game show up on GSN.  I'd argue that it would probably garner the same ratings as Lingo at least, if not more.  

I've got to think that someone at GSN would have to at least consider picking it up.

Hiroland

« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2003, 06:39:22 PM »
While I have sent my displeaseure in a nice way to PAX, I may also be sending a programming@gsn.com e-mail to tell them that SS=RATINGS!!!!! Plus, Al Howard always comes back and tries!

(VERY WISHFUL THOUGHT! Maybe an Hour of NBC Game Shows in Daytime? SS and Concentration?)

jrjgames

« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2003, 07:15:28 PM »
Yes, by all means send info to GSN...!!!!

John

zachhoran

« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2003, 08:47:22 PM »
For a show that didn't last two years in its original 60s run to come back in a new version more than 20 years later, and has been virtually continually on the air in first-run or reruns for all but one of the last 13 years is quite a feat.