Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Pyramid boardgame  (Read 2561 times)

HSquares2003

Pyramid boardgame
« on: August 07, 2003, 05:30:19 PM »
Has anyone bought the Pyramid board game that just hit stores recently? It looks like a nice game, but you need 3 players to play it. Darn.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Pyramid boardgame
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2003, 06:00:57 PM »
[quote name=\'HSquares2003\' date=\'Aug 7 2003, 02:30 PM\'] Has anyone bought the Pyramid board game that just hit stores recently? It looks like a nice game, but you need 3 players to play it. Darn. [/quote]
 I have to know: Where did you get the idea that a Pyramid home game would be playable with two players?
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

zachhoran

Pyramid boardgame
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2003, 08:51:32 PM »
You could play the game as a two player if you REALLY wanted to, one player gives while the other receives on three of the categories, and vice versa, with the player getting more points as the receiver wins, the opponent then gives the clue for the winner's circle, granted it's not very traditional.

GS Warehouse

Pyramid boardgame
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2003, 11:09:22 PM »
[quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Aug 7 2003, 07:51 PM\'] ... one player gives while the other receives on three of the categories, and vice versa, with the player getting more points as the receiver wins ... [/quote]
 I don't think that setup would work very well.  If I played a two-player game with those rules, I'd tilt the odds in my favor by delibrately giving bad clues.  For instance:

[for \"Orange\"] The sky is this color...
[for \"Cat\"] This animal barks...
[for \"Chuck Woolery\"] He hosted Singled Out.

zachhoran

Pyramid boardgame
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2003, 09:17:49 AM »
SOUnds like a good strategy, Jason, but didn't David Letterman manage to get some words and names from obscure clues on one of his 1979 appearances on $20K?