Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Larsen Eps  (Read 4774 times)

Shredder

Larsen Eps
« on: May 29, 2005, 07:09:06 AM »
Sigh....

I set the DVR to record it from 9-11PM, and it records channel 76 instead of 67. I hate it when thingslike that get messed up and now I missed it.

Can anyone send me a copy?  If so, please PM Me or send me an email.

inturnaround

Larsen Eps
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2005, 11:20:29 AM »
Not to be a jerk and spoil the whole thing, but he wins.
Joe Coughlin     
Human

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Larsen Eps
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2005, 02:12:39 PM »
[quote name=\'inturnaround\' date=\'May 29 2005, 08:20 AM\']Not to be a jerk and spoil the whole thing, but he wins.
[/quote]
Ultimately, tho, he loses. :)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

The Pyramids

Larsen Eps
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2005, 02:51:07 PM »
I wonder what was going on in the controll room at the time. I was mentioned just in passing on the GSN speacial.

Someone had to have said 'this guys's up to soemthing. He keeps hitting the same two spaces.'

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
Larsen Eps
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2005, 05:30:32 PM »
[quote name=\'PaulD\' date=\'May 29 2005, 01:51 PM\']I wonder what was going on in the controll room at the time. I was mentioned just in passing on the GSN speacial.
[snapback]86920[/snapback]
[/quote]
You were mentioned in the GSN special?  Wow.  ;-)

Doug
« Last Edit: May 29, 2005, 05:30:45 PM by SRIV94 »
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

The Pyramids

Larsen Eps
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2005, 06:15:22 PM »
[quote name=\'SRIV94\' date=\'May 29 2005, 04:30 PM\'][quote name=\'PaulD\' date=\'May 29 2005, 01:51 PM\']I wonder what was going on in the controll room at the time. I was mentioned just in passing on the GSN speacial.
[snapback]86920[/snapback]
[/quote]
You were mentioned in the GSN special?  Wow.  ;-)

Doug
[snapback]86943[/snapback]
[/quote]

Good catch. No I wasn't LOL

Ian Wallis

Larsen Eps
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2005, 08:57:51 PM »
I wonder what was going on in the controll room at the time. I was mentioned just in passing on the GSN speacial.

This is something I wonder every time I've seen it...what I would give to go back in time and be in that control room - or even be on the set afterwards when Peter says "I can't believe this happened...what's going on here?"

There was a good TVGuide article about this around 1994 (but some of the facts in the article are wrong).  It states that Michael Brockman was called to come down to the studio (the show was taped on a Saturday) and everyone was in amazement that this fellow was racking up such big bucks.  After a while, it got quiet and they waited for him to slip up and lose it - luckily for Michael, it didn't happen....on the show anyway.
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

The Pyramids

Larsen Eps
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2005, 09:54:47 PM »
[quote name=\'Ian Wallis\' date=\'May 29 2005, 07:57 PM\']

This is something I wonder every time I've seen it...what I would give to go back in time and be in that control room - or even be on the set afterwards when Peter says "I can't believe this happened...what's going on here?"

There was a good TVGuide article about this around 1994 (but some of the facts in the article are wrong).  It states that Michael Brockman was called to come down to the studio (the show was taped on a Saturday) and everyone was in amazement that this fellow was racking up such big bucks.  After a while, it got quiet and they waited for him to slip up and lose it - luckily for Michael, it didn't happen....on the show anyway.
[snapback]86960[/snapback]
[/quote]

I get the impression that Peter was fooled. If he got suspicious he did not let on.

In the controll room someone had to think on their feet and decide not to go to a commericial, and that we'll make it a two-part show if we have too.

tyshaun1

Larsen Eps
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2005, 11:44:51 PM »
The show wasn't structured to have a commerical break during round 2, so why would they take one then? Plus, PYL relied heavily on post-production edits to fit the show within 30 minutes, and this episode was no exception.

Peter said in the '94 GMA story on the Larson run that he was aware of what was occuring at the time. I think it was more the case of him seeing Michael occasionally miss his targets that made him think he would lose all his money. Albeit, it wouldn't take rocket surgery to figure out this guy kept hitting the same 2 squares (with an occasional slip-up) 43 times in a row. Bill Carruthers mentioned that he realized it after about the 10th spin.

If you'll notice during Larson's spins, Peter will constantly look toward the producer's desk almost every time he's on camera, which would indicate to me if he didn't realize what was really going on, he was probably being told what to do ("Keep it going!", as Carruthers said he told Peter). But yeah, I'm sure it was a mad house in the studio that day. ;)

Tyshaun
« Last Edit: May 29, 2005, 11:52:05 PM by tyshaun1 »