The Game Show Forum > Game Show Channels & Networks

Dat Phan to appear on GSN

(1/2) > >>

ChrisLambert!:
...Funny Money Sunday night. Expect to hear jokes about his mother.

Matt Ottinger:
I wonder if this is a gig he got *after* winning Last Comic Standing, or whether he was already in that not-quite-famous netherworld of comics from which they seem to draw their players.  Given typical advance production time, the obvious guess would be that this was pre-LCS.

ChrisLambert!:
Probably before the win but after the bulk of the show. Tess (Drake) was already on NLFM and talked about being on LCS (in very vague terms), which leads me to think that everything up to last week's final-five episode of LCS was in the can a long time ago.

If she hadn't made the top ten, NLFM probably wouldn't have brought it up at all.

Matt Ottinger:
Makes sense.  On The Tonight Show last night (after Ah-nold's posturing) Dat made a comment that suggested the preliminary stuff in the house took place quite a while ago.  Watching the show, I also got the impression that the whole \"living together\" part only happened over a period of a few days, and not the several weeks that the production implied.

SteveRep:
I saw a few Ralphie posts in the alt.comedy.standup newsgroup (and they're PO'd that Dat won) and he said the same thing. Everything up to last week's final-5-in-Vegas was done well in advance, which kept him from commenting much.

If they had more comics like Rich and Dave (ones who rely on their material), I might watch NLFM more. The host doesn't do it for me.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version