Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Dat Phan to appear on GSN  (Read 7317 times)

ChrisLambert!

• Overthrow, Sister Havana
Dat Phan to appear on GSN
« on: August 07, 2003, 10:49:55 AM »
...Funny Money Sunday night. Expect to hear jokes about his mother.
@lambertman

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2003, 11:04:49 AM »
I wonder if this is a gig he got *after* winning Last Comic Standing, or whether he was already in that not-quite-famous netherworld of comics from which they seem to draw their players.  Given typical advance production time, the obvious guess would be that this was pre-LCS.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2003, 11:05:52 AM by Matt Ottinger »
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

ChrisLambert!

• Overthrow, Sister Havana
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2003, 11:13:50 AM »
Probably before the win but after the bulk of the show. Tess (Drake) was already on NLFM and talked about being on LCS (in very vague terms), which leads me to think that everything up to last week's final-five episode of LCS was in the can a long time ago.

If she hadn't made the top ten, NLFM probably wouldn't have brought it up at all.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2003, 11:17:11 AM by ChrisLambert! »
@lambertman

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2003, 11:21:54 AM »
Makes sense.  On The Tonight Show last night (after Ah-nold's posturing) Dat made a comment that suggested the preliminary stuff in the house took place quite a while ago.  Watching the show, I also got the impression that the whole \"living together\" part only happened over a period of a few days, and not the several weeks that the production implied.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

SteveRep

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2003, 11:47:08 AM »
I saw a few Ralphie posts in the alt.comedy.standup newsgroup (and they're PO'd that Dat won) and he said the same thing. Everything up to last week's final-5-in-Vegas was done well in advance, which kept him from commenting much.

If they had more comics like Rich and Dave (ones who rely on their material), I might watch NLFM more. The host doesn't do it for me.

Timsterino

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2003, 02:01:54 PM »
I did some research because I was curious about this. I dunno why? lol The talent search took place in January. The \"Last Comic Standing\" preliminaries and semi-final were taped back in February. They actually did the NY preliminary first (although it aired second). The semi-final was taped at the Paris hotel in February. My guess is the rest of the episodes were taped in late February/March with the exception of the last two that were in the past two weeks.

Tim :-)
« Last Edit: August 07, 2003, 02:02:42 PM by Timsterino »