Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: J! UTofC promo on GSN 5/14  (Read 4525 times)

zachhoran

J! UTofC promo on GSN 5/14
« on: May 14, 2005, 10:23:24 PM »
Tonight on GSN, they showed a promo for the J! UTofC "Sweet 6" next week. Be warned if/when you see it before Monday night, it looks like the promo spoils the winner of Monday's Melia/Vered/Daunt quarter-final game. I won't say who it is, however, as we're not allowed to post results of a show before they air :)

Sonic Whammy

« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2005, 12:31:09 AM »
I saw the promo tonight during Iron Chef on Food Network, of all places. I'm stunned, too, Zach. And a bit ticked, too, since it ruins the episode for me.

Looks like someone in the productions department really needs the whip. And I'm free to crack it. PAY ATTENTION TO THE CALENDAR, YOU NIT!
Brian Sapinski

Just Brian Sapinski... for now

Don Howard

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2005, 10:19:17 AM »
Ah, I see the blabbing we all expected has already begun. And from a television channel that OUGHT to know better. I can see TV Guide finding a way to ruin it, too. The magazine couldn't keep quiet about TV Land's "ultimate trivia" winner, either. We are surrounded by the brainless. And of course ABC couldn't shut up about the $2.18M winner on WWTBAM in 2001 either and then they made it worse ("and a few nights later, it happens again"). Shut your mouths, media people! Ya know why they're called SPOILERS? Because the information SPOILS it for many people. Cleuless buttheads.
The only way the $2,000,000 finish won't be blown for me is if I stop looking at the internet and magazines and television or listen to radio through the airing of the finish immediately. Because some people who need a whipping can't keep 'em sealed.
Losers and misfits! That's what they are. And other things....neither of them printable within these hallowed halls.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2005, 10:24:39 AM by Don Howard »

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2005, 10:27:29 AM »
[quote name=\'Don Howard\' date=\'May 15 2005, 10:19 AM\']Ah, I see the blabbing we all expected has already begun. [/quote]
Thing is, I don't think this was your typical "blab".  It's Jeopardy's own promo, which almost certainly was intended to run following the quarterfinal games.  They've been ultra-concerned about secrecy -- contestants signed serious confidentiality agreements, and there was no studio audience for the quarterfinals and semifinals.  So this falls more into the category of an embarrassing mistake.

My guess is that an overenthusiastic promotions director didn't notice that the last game of the quarterfinal rounds was going to be on a Monday.  They probably thought they were safe releasing the promo for weekend airings in anticipation of the semifinal matches.  A full-page ad in this week's Time Magazine played it safe and included pictures of all eighteen quarterfinal contestants.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

Johnissoevil

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2005, 06:11:53 AM »
[quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'May 14 2005, 10:23 PM\']Tonight on GSN, they showed a promo for the J! UTofC "Sweet 6" next week. Be warned if/when you see it before Monday night, it looks like the promo spoils the winner of Monday's Melia/Vered/Daunt quarter-final game. I won't say who it is, however, as we're not allowed to post results of a show before they air :)
[snapback]85459[/snapback]
[/quote]

Thank God I watch very little TV these days...
In loving memory of my father, Curtis Fenner 4/29/44-8/13/15