Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: The New Big Fish Production  (Read 10950 times)

Don Howard

The New Big Fish Production
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2005, 01:21:52 PM »
[quote name=\'14gameshows\' date=\'May 13 2005, 11:32 AM\']Was it possible for the CBS run to have three bonus games played (Money Cards/Car Game) or only get to the Money Cards?
[snapback]85363[/snapback]
[/quote]
I suppose it's possible. The hypothetical scenario would likely start the show with a Money Cards playing, have the cards run after the first question in both the first and second rounds by the same player and then have that cycle repeat followed by
a third playing of the Money Cards. However! I can see Bob (don't call him Bobby--he'll deck ya HAW HAW HAW) being given the stretch signal if this was happening and we know Bob can stretch. Not like Richard Dawson could stretch [by the way, I hope it's clear that Richard was never even considered for the Card Sharks revival] but he could do it. So could Bill Rafferty as he had to tap dance for a minute or so while a Gold Run board was being set up on Blockbusters on a few occasions.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2005, 01:22:05 PM by Don Howard »

sshuffield70

« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2005, 06:39:16 PM »
After checking out some comments, I could be persuaded (if I'm looking from a budgetary perspective and syndication) at doing a 1/1/2/3....and keeping the 200/400/32000 from CS '86.  I seriously doubt CS could work as a prime time show....but if it could, that's when you can use the $80,000.

zachhoran

« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2005, 07:54:31 PM »
[quote name=\'14gameshows\' date=\'May 13 2005, 11:32 AM\']Was it possible for the CBS run to have three bonus games played (Money Cards/Car Game) or only get to the Money Cards?  IIRC, during H2 last season some woman swept through the show playing the front game three times and played the bonus game twice or vice versa.

[snapback]85363[/snapback]
[/quote]

As has been said in this thread, given the pacing of Eubanks CS over Perry CS, I'd say not likely. There was one episode in late 1987 that had two complete matches(both maingames ended after two or three questions) and Money Cards/car rounds in one show. That was as close as they got.

tom0930

« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2005, 12:38:13 AM »
My idea of a new version of Card Sharks would be this (I dreamt this and we'll see if I do my best thinking asleep)

This format does not contain straddling, and actually takes the money cards format into the main game.

Control is decided either by a high/low survey or multiple choice trivia question (with the prerequisite buzzers). Whoever gets control gets $200 to bet with on the first card. Main game rules apply with the addition of betting high/low on each card, $50 minimum in first three rounds, $100 in sudden death. Same cards lose control of cards but not bet. Opponent would then get a free shot for $200, with the same options of betting/freezing. The winner of each game gets $500. You play until time runs out...this could break out different betting strategies late in the game (bet a lot on a 7 to catch up, bet the minimum on a 3 or a King to protect a huge lead). Player with most cash when time runs out wins the game. TIME CAN RUN OUT IN THE MIDDLE OF THE GAME AND STOPS RIGHT THERE (no sudden death to finish). A toss up trivia question would break money ties at the end.

Money Cards format I would take from CS86 without the car element. Let them just play for the cash.

Champions could stay on for five days. Bring the car for a tournament of champions among five time winners and/or highest cash totals of season and give the car to the tourney winner.

All right, discuss...those who wish to flame this, save yourself the trouble. I'll do it....keep dreaming.

sshuffield70

« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2005, 10:31:13 PM »
All right, discuss...those who wish to flame this, save yourself the trouble. I'll do it....keep dreaming.

You can say that again....

On second thought, don't bother....

ChuckNet

« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2005, 10:49:48 PM »
An early 1980 ep of Perry's version came close...they started w/the MC, then the next match was wrapped up after just 2 questions (and this before the $500 run bonus was instituted...pity for the champ! LOL), but the match after the next MC dragged a little, and time ran out somewhere in the middle.

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious "Chuckie Baby")

Johnissoevil

« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2005, 10:41:08 AM »
Mine almost resembles urbanpreppie's.  My idea would use only one element from the 2001 version.  Here's how I'd do it.

Two players, each with their own row of cards.  Survey questions used to determine who gets a shot at their cards first with the option to change.  At the last question, sudden death rules.  After one game, two new players come in.  Same as before.  The two winners then play each other, again, same rules as before.  The winner goes on to Money Cards.  This coming from an idea by Steve Shuffield, the player starts out with $500.  Must bet at least $100 on each card.  Only thing is, it doesn't always have to be in the hundreds.  A player can bet dividends of $50, as long as they're over $100.  On the second row, the player is given another $1,000.  Big Bet, as always, must bet at least half as much.  Highest possible payout would be $80,000.  The car round would also be in play.

In fact, I just now made a Palace game out of the idea at EPlanet. :-)
« Last Edit: May 15, 2005, 10:43:07 AM by Johnissoevil »
In loving memory of my father, Curtis Fenner 4/29/44-8/13/15

sshuffield70

« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2005, 02:15:25 PM »
[quote name=\'Johnissoevil\' date=\'May 15 2005, 09:41 AM\']Mine almost resembles urbanpreppie's.  My idea would use only one element from the 2001 version.  Here's how I'd do it.

Two players, each with their own row of cards.  Survey questions used to determine who gets a shot at their cards first with the option to change.  At the last question, sudden death rules.  After one game, two new players come in.  Same as before.  The two winners then play each other, again, same rules as before.  The winner goes on to Money Cards.  This coming from an idea by Steve Shuffield, the player starts out with $500.  Must bet at least $100 on each card.  Only thing is, it doesn't always have to be in the hundreds.  A player can bet dividends of $50, as long as they're over $100.  On the second row, the player is given another $1,000.  Big Bet, as always, must bet at least half as much.  Highest possible payout would be $80,000.  The car round would also be in play.

In fact, I just now made a Palace game out of the idea at EPlanet. :-)
[snapback]85484[/snapback]
[/quote]

Slight problem with that, John.  The EPlanet CS is based on the old Ultraplex CS......which was instituted by...........

(well, you know the answer.........)

OOPS!!! ;) ;)

Betcha they still use the same pics, too.

Tetsujin Chico

« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2005, 11:50:36 PM »
[quote name=\'TimK2003\' date=\'May 12 2005, 08:22 PM\'][quote name=\'14gameshows\' date=\'May 12 2005, 09:37 AM\']If you could revive Card Sharks, what would you change or not change?  What would you add, or take away?  What is your idea of a great solid format to your version of Card Sharks?
[snapback]85206[/snapback]
[/quote]

I'd follow the original Perry/Eubanks format vs the recent disasterous remake.  

For regular gameplay, go with the Perry format -- No "Educated Guess" questions or the 10-Person in-studio questions.

As far as the Money Cards go, I'd use the Eubanks/$32K structure, keep the "Pushes = No Harm, No Foul" rule, keep Perry's "one change at beginning of each level only" rule, but ditch the jokers and the post-MC Bonus Games.

And I would use the original Card Sharks/Double Dare theme!!!
[snapback]85302[/snapback]
[/quote]

So... what you're saying is that you'd recast the 78-81 version... with the 86-89 Money Cards...

I don't know, man... It just seems like it's going nowhere in a visionary POV. But that's just me.

Don Howard

« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2005, 01:03:11 AM »
$250 a game. Two games wins the match. $1000 bonus for a run. $1000 plus $500 a day for an exact guess on the survey number (my nod to Play The Percentages). Money cards: I like the idea above for a potential $80K payoff.
Double or nothing possibility on your most recent Money Cards playing by selecting one of seven cards by placing a joker over the chosen card (like the CAR game was played) except you can't earn more jokers during the bonus round.
Contestant continues until defeated or wins leventy billion dollars.
Host: Matt Ottinger
Announcer: David Zinkin
Producer: Chris Clementson
Me: What A Suck-Up
« Last Edit: May 18, 2005, 01:03:47 AM by Don Howard »