Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: ABC Fall Comp: Bupkis!  (Read 4445 times)

uncamark

ABC Fall Comp: Bupkis!
« on: May 17, 2005, 02:56:35 PM »
ABC unveiled their new season earlier today, and there's no competition shows on the schedule either in fall or mid-season, so I won't bother with quoting from the press release.

However, in the MOST SHOCKING RENEWAL ANNOUNCEMENT EVER, "The Bachelor," despite lousy ratings, will return for at least one more shot in January in the Monday 8 p.m. ET slot.  Well, at least Chris Harrison and Lacey Pemberton aren't out of work (although Fleiss would probably switch her to another one of his shows, anyway).

ABC press release:

http://www.abcmedianet.com/specials/upfron...BCUpfront05.pdf

WB's up this afternoon--I've seen a schedule grid and they're not doing any unscripted at all after "Beauty and the Geek" this summer.  Don't expect a posting.

DrBear

« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2005, 05:06:28 PM »
Why is The Bachelor back?
Three words: young female audience.
It may not be the biggest draw but it draws dreamy young girls who want to be swept off their feet by Lance Handsome. And with a guaranteed demographic, advertisers pay a premium (plenty of makeup ads, not many for Prestone antifreeze).
This isn't a plug, but you can ask me about my book.

JayDLewis

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2005, 10:16:29 PM »
[quote name=\'uncamark\' date=\'May 17 2005, 01:56 PM\']However, in the MOST SHOCKING RENEWAL ANNOUNCEMENT EVER, "The Bachelor," despite lousy ratings, will return for at least one more shot in January
[/quote]

I believe someone on the TVBarn mailing list said that the last contract was for two more series. The just concluded Charlie O'Connell was #1 and, presumably, the January edition will be the final, barring a ratings miracle.
QWIZX.com  -- A little bit of everything