Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Gluckstrad  (Read 4265 times)

Brandon Brooks

Gluckstrad
« on: May 26, 2005, 10:27:36 PM »
Hello all.  I've been away for a while lurking and I've been curious about something as of late.

Gluckstrad, the German version of Wheel of Fortune, had this amazing set come 2002 featuring a very nice puzzle board.  I know it cam back last year, but the budget was severely slashed.  Does anyone know why or what happened?  What made it go off the air in the first place.

Also, how is the Aussie version doing?  I can't seem to find any info on the newest version.

Brandon Brooks

uncamark

Gluckstrad
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2005, 03:07:11 PM »
[quote name=\'Brandon Brooks\' date=\'May 26 2005, 09:27 PM\']Also, how is the Aussie version doing?  I can't seem to find any info on the newest version.
[snapback]86687[/snapback]
[/quote]

It's off--replaced by "Deal or No Deal" in the 5:30 p.m. slot on Seven and against "TPIR" on Nine and news on Ten.

Of course, the big story is Monday is the premiere of "Temptation:  The New Sale of the Century" on Nine at 7 p.m., where it has to deal with the long-running soap "Home and Away" on Seven and Aussie "Big Brother" on Ten--I believe, like most countries, "BB"'s on daily over there.  At least "BB"'s just for the summer--oops, it's winter over there now.  In fact, with the exception of "Law and Order," "BB"'s pretty much the entire Monday prime time lineup on Ten (between the regular show, "BB Nominations Live" and "BB Uncut" in late-night).

No daytime game shows, except for "Ready...Steady [Set]...Cook!" at 1 p.m. on Ten, against "Days of Our Lives" and a movie.  "WWTBAM"'s in Monday prime time on Seven.  

For Aussie TV listings, http://www.ourguide.com.au/ is very quick and easy.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2005, 03:21:55 PM by uncamark »

Brig Bother

Gluckstrad
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2005, 08:00:49 PM »
Simply, it was bought by a channel called 9 Live Quiz TV, Germany's premier phone-up-premium-rate-phone-lines-and-answer-unfair-puzzles-LIVE! cable channel that are becoming all the rage in Europe, when the old channel decided to drop it.

remlap

Gluckstrad
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2005, 12:27:48 PM »
[quote name=\'Brig Bother\' date=\'May 28 2005, 01:00 AM\']Simply, it was bought by a channel called 9 Live Quiz TV, Germany's premier phone-up-premium-rate-phone-lines-and-answer-unfair-puzzles-LIVE! cable channel that are becoming all the rage in Europe, when the old channel decided to drop it.
[snapback]86762[/snapback]
[/quote]

Actually the channel that aired Gluckstrad became 9 Live.

I destest these type of channels they are a everywhere in the UK and people are stupid enough to phone in.