Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Game show clips in Movies  (Read 5251 times)

Argo

Game show clips in Movies
« on: May 10, 2005, 01:27:26 AM »
Just a lil note, while watching the movie "Being There", there are a lot of clips from 70s tv, and there are a few from game shows. One from Peter Marshall HS, MG,  and a weird edited clip of a Dennis James TPIR. Found it very odd that they used a Dennis James and not a Barker episode. You can distinctly hear Dennis telling the contestant, Barbra that she can win this... "A NEW CAR". So awesome to see it all. This is from 1979 and just came out on DVD recently i believe, and has great clips of 70s tv.

:)

Just a lil note from me :)
« Last Edit: May 10, 2005, 01:53:37 AM by Argo »

dizzy

« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2005, 03:40:33 AM »
I watched The Ring 1 on Video this weekend. They show a brief scene of a Nursing Home where all the residents are gathered around watching Hollywood Squares in the community room. The TV is distant and you really need to pay attention to even see it. But you will notice the flashing nine square grid and you'll hear about two faint words from Tom Bergeron.

Dizzy

WhammyPower

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2005, 07:29:19 AM »
Can't forget the opening scene of "Cable Guy."  (Or can you?)

Ian Wallis

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2005, 08:46:40 AM »
In the TV movie "Off the Minnesota Strip" from 1980, there's a scene where someone's watching TV and you can hear audio clips of the late '70s "Dating Game" in the background.
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

jmangin

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2005, 09:06:05 AM »
I think there was a clip from Sale of the Century in Rain Man during the opening when Charlie goes to pick up Raymond.

The Ol' Guy

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2005, 09:28:31 AM »
add to the list the audio clips of The Joker's Wild in the Dan Enright-produced Making Mr. Right, and IIRC, the film clips of Strike It Rich in The Last Picture Show.

gtbecbp

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2005, 09:52:58 AM »
-Wheel of Fortune in "Scrooged," it was on in the homeless shelter.

-Jeopardy! in "Groundhog Day," where Bill Muarry's character knew all the answers!

Ben

aaron sica

« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2005, 10:20:34 AM »
Can't forget "Flight of the Navigator" in which Tom Kennedy's TPiR was blaring on the TV..

Or "The $25,000 Pyramid" on Splash, and "The $100,000 Pyramid" on Lucky Numbers...*

*LN is a bad movie but I like it primarily because a lot of it was filmed around by where I live.

dmota104

« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2005, 10:30:56 AM »
Clips from "The Magnificent Marble Machine" appear on monitors in a scene from "The China Syndrome".

Don Howard

« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2005, 11:22:49 AM »
To Tell The Truth with Orson Bean explaining his vote in the film Jacob's Ladder.

tvwxman

« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2005, 11:52:08 AM »
"Jeopardy" with Art (the first version)  in "Twilight Zone: The Movie"....
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

uncamark

« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2005, 11:57:39 AM »
Hugh Grant watching "WWTBAM" and spending some quality time wtih the boy watching "Countdown" in "About a Boy."

And on a Saturday night, the family in "Millions" with the financial windfall watching "WWTBAM."  (What a delightful movie--try to see it, one way or the other.)

Steve Gavazzi

« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2005, 12:11:23 PM »
Not a movie, but there's an episode of St. Elsewhere with a Barker TPiR episode on a television...showing a Contestants' Row color scheme that was ditched before St. Elsewhere came on the air. :-)

SamJ93

« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2005, 12:41:10 PM »
"Rain Man" also has WoF, Pyramid, and J! clips throughout the movie as well.

Can't forget TTTT in the opening of "Catch Me if You Can," as well...

Finally, to take this into extreme minutae, and not even a real game show, at that...in "X-Men 2," when Hugh Jackman is flipping through channels, you can briefly hear the old GSN music tag (the one they used to play at the end of all their original shows).

--Sam
It was Bob Barker. He was eating a bologna and cheese-ball sandwich.

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2005, 01:17:55 PM »
Geoff Edwards' "Jackpot!" is on Geena Davis' kitchen TV in "Thelma & Louise."  Also, the audio portion of Alex's HR can be heard in the Lynda Carter TV movie "Born to Be Sold."
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.