Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Viacom distributed shows  (Read 8098 times)

14gameshows

Viacom distributed shows
« on: May 09, 2005, 12:54:33 PM »
IIRC, isn't TnPiR '94 in the hands of Viacom and the $20K Pyramid w/ Bill Cullen in the hands of Viacom?  

Also how come these shows aren't shown? What is preventing these shows to see the light of day?

cmjb13

Viacom distributed shows
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2005, 01:40:25 PM »
I think TPIR 94 is in Paramount's hands.
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
Viacom distributed shows
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2005, 02:03:44 PM »
[quote name=\'cmjb13\' date=\'May 9 2005, 01:40 PM\']I think TPIR 94 is in Paramount's hands.
[snapback]84825[/snapback]
[/quote]

Which is owned by Viacom, therefore Viacom owns the rights.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't this have something to do with the fact that Fremantle (TPIR) and Sony (Pyramid) own the current rights to the shows, and for Viacom/Paramount to distribute The New Price Is Right and the original $25K Pyramid would constitute a conflict of interest? (Although I doubt the clamor for the Davidson Price Is Right is very high.)
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

Johnissoevil

Viacom distributed shows
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2005, 03:27:47 PM »
[quote name=\'PYLdude\' date=\'May 9 2005, 02:03 PM\']Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't this have something to do with the fact that Fremantle (TPIR) and Sony (Pyramid) own the current rights to the shows, and for Viacom/Paramount to distribute The New Price Is Right and the original $25K Pyramid would constitute a conflict of interest? (Although I doubt the clamor for the Davidson Price Is Right is very high.)
[snapback]84827[/snapback]
[/quote]

According to what has been mentioned at that *other* place on Usenet quite a few times, yes.  Sony would automatically be giving OK by leasing the Cullen Pyramids for airing on GSN, but Viacom would have to go through Fremantle before leasing TnPIR '94 to anyone, as Fremantle owns the trademark rights.
In loving memory of my father, Curtis Fenner 4/29/44-8/13/15

ChuckNet

Viacom distributed shows
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2005, 09:14:26 PM »
The 78-79 syndie YDS might be in Viacom's hands, since they co-produced it w/Ralph Andrews.

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious "Chuckie Baby")