Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Jeopardy...  (Read 3229 times)

Ian Wallis

Jeopardy...
« on: May 08, 2005, 03:49:27 PM »
Since the final round of the Ultimate Tournament of Champions is set to air later this month, although we don't know yet who will be in the finals, who would you like to see win?  Or, maybe a better question is - who do you think will win?

Do you want to see Ken Jennings rack up another $2 million to become the richest game show contestant ever?  Or, would you prefer to see one of the challengers take the top prize?

For me, I wouldn't mind seeing Ken win again - after all he did win 74 straight games.  I guess it depends on who's in the finals with him.   If he doesn't win, someone who only won a fraction of the number of games will just about pull even with him in the money department -- but that's what tournaments are for - the best against the best, and sometimes it doesn't turn out the way you think it will.

Any thoughts?
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

dmota104

Jeopardy...
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2005, 04:07:53 PM »
[quote name=\'Ian Wallis\' date=\'May 8 2005, 02:49 PM\']Since the final round of the Ultimate Tournament of Champions is set to air later this month, although we don't know yet who will be in the finals, who would you like to see win?  Or, maybe a better question is - who do you think will win?

Do you want to see Ken Jennings rack up another $2 million to become the richest game show contestant ever?  Or, would you prefer to see one of the challengers take the top prize?

For me, I wouldn't mind seeing Ken win again - after all he did win 74 straight games.  I guess it depends on who's in the finals with him.   If he doesn't win, someone who only won a fraction of the number of games will just about pull even with him in the money department -- but that's what tournaments are for - the best against the best, and sometimes it doesn't turn out the way you think it will.

Any thoughts?
[snapback]84753[/snapback]
[/quote]

I'd like to see Dan Melia win.  He's proven that age is only a number and put on a KJ-like performance in the just-completed second round.  

You'll recall in Dan's original appearances, he was old enough to compete in the seniors tourney and won more than $50K after five regular season wins -- en route to the 1998 ToC win.

Kevin Prather

Jeopardy...
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2005, 07:35:04 PM »
I want Pam Mueller to win just to piss Zach off. ;-)

Seriously, Pam has impressed me so far. I'm rooting for her.

Jimmy Owen

Jeopardy...
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2005, 10:07:28 PM »
If Ken loses would he be the only person to lose twice?
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

wschmrdr

Jeopardy...
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2005, 10:11:10 PM »
No, Jimmy. A few 4-time winners have made it to the ToC and lost there.

In any case, I think Dan Melia has the best shot of the Elite 18 to beat Ken Jennings. If not him, I'm gonna take Spangenberg.

Kevin Prather

Jeopardy...
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2005, 10:23:02 PM »
Also, some wild-card players lose twice in a tournament.

HairMetalLives

Jeopardy...
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2005, 01:11:21 AM »
[quote name=\'wschmrdr\' date=\'May 8 2005, 06:11 PM\']In any case, I think Dan Melia has the best shot of the Elite 18 to beat Ken Jennings. If not him, I'm gonna take Spangenberg.
[snapback]84781[/snapback]
[/quote]
I think Spangenberg & Meila will make it to the finals (unless they play each other in the next round). I've had my money [figuratively] on Dan Melia to beat Jennings for a while now, though.

Craig Karlberg

Jeopardy...
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2005, 04:16:47 AM »
I'm hopin for a Jennings/Rutter or Spangleberg/Melia final to save my sanity on J! with KJ winning it all.

Many players from the wik card brackets do lose twice in the same tournament, & on occasion, losing 2 consecutive games.  So, if KJ does lose here, he'll join a VERY select few to pull off a 2-game losing streak.

uncamark

Jeopardy...
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2005, 11:40:51 AM »
Melia's almost a sure thing to make the finals.  I'd say Spangenburg for the other slot, put wouldn't it past Mueller as a darkhorse.

And if anyone's going to keep KenJen from another $2M pay day, Melia would be my man.

gameshowhost1

Jeopardy...
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2005, 01:57:12 PM »
I'm rooting for my roommate at the National Academic Tournament--Brad Rutter.  Brad eeked out his win earlier this week, despite being locked out several times by his opponents being just a hair quicker on the signaling device.

Don Howard

Jeopardy...
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2005, 03:29:54 PM »
With Robin Carroll knocked out, there's no one I'm specifically rooting against among the remaining players.
I would like to see a Pam-Frank-Ken or Pam-Dan-Ken final series.
Wonder if Pam'll be offered a spread in Stuff as a result of her fame.

ChuckNet

Jeopardy...
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2005, 08:39:29 PM »
As I've said before, my $$$'s on Ken/Frank/Brad...besides, I had the pleasure of meeting Spangenburg when Trebek was in NYC last yr signing copies of the J! book that came out last yr (he was a "special guest" of sorts), and he proved to be an incredibly nice guy, even co-signing my copy of said book. Besides, he's proving that he hasn't lost a step this time around, so I'd have no prob if he wound up winning the $2M.

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious "Chuckie Baby")
« Last Edit: May 11, 2005, 08:54:35 PM by ChuckNet »