Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: OPINION: Future 'Saturday Night Classics'  (Read 9125 times)

calliaume

OPINION: Future 'Saturday Night Classics'
« Reply #30 on: May 11, 2005, 09:17:52 AM »
[quote name=\'Jimmy Fiono Coyne\' date=\'May 10 2005, 09:50 PM\']
No Rights, and Probably No Episodes Either: Celebrity Sweepstakes

I'm suspicious of the story that this series was totally destroyed. In fact, I'm suspicious about the total destruction of most '60s and '70s series', period.
I mean geez, if even a second episode of Number Please exists, anything's possible!
[snapback]84987[/snapback]
[/quote]
I've been lucky enough to have occasional contact with Jim MacKrell, Ralph Andrews, and a representative of Burt Sugarman over the years.  MacKrell had just one episode from 1975, and Andrews and Sugarman didn't seem to have anything.

You're right, of course; they could be around.  But it's a big country, and that stash will be tough to find.  (I know they're not in my apartment, if that's any help.)

mmb5

OPINION: Future 'Saturday Night Classics'
« Reply #31 on: May 11, 2005, 02:20:15 PM »
[quote name=\'Jimmy Fiono Coyne\' date=\'May 10 2005, 09:50 PM\']No Rights, and Probably No Episodes Either: Celebrity Sweepstakes

I believe it's the Museum of TV & Radio that has one episode, two pilots exist in UCLA's holdings, and then there's 1976 broadcast quality final episode,
:cheap plug: which is to be featured on Page O' Clips starting Sunday! :end cheap plug:

Given the quality, the master tape certainly exists. Perhaps a stash of episodes are sitting in a vault somewhere. Who knows.
 [/quote]

I believe the Museum is now up to three Celebrity Sweepstakes episodes.

--Mike
« Last Edit: May 11, 2005, 02:21:22 PM by mmb5 »
Portions of this post not affecting the outcome have been edited or recreated.