Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: OPINION: Future 'Saturday Night Classics'  (Read 8409 times)

Winkfan

OPINION: Future 'Saturday Night Classics'
« on: May 06, 2005, 07:18:12 PM »
Here's something for you to chew on: Which 'black & white' game show do you think GSN SHOULD do for their 'Saturday Night Classics?' And which B&W game show do you think GSN WILL do?

Cordially,
Tammy Warner--the 'Marjorie Wallace of the Big Board!'
« Last Edit: May 06, 2005, 07:21:54 PM by Winkfan »
"I've never stopped. I've never changed. I never did anything else."
- The Real Don Steele (1936-1997)

zachhoran

« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2005, 07:38:58 PM »
[quote name=\'Winkfan\' date=\'May 6 2005, 06:18 PM\']Here's something for you to chew on: Which 'black & white' game show do you think GSN SHOULD do for their 'Saturday Night Classics?' And which B&W game show do you think GSN WILL do?

Cordially,
[snapback]84629[/snapback]
[/quote]

Would be nice to see them do at least one quintet of B&W shows. Do I think they'll do one, not likely, but we've been surprised before.

saussage

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2005, 07:52:11 PM »
[quote name=\'Winkfan\' date=\'May 6 2005, 06:18 PM\']Here's something for you to chew on: Which 'black & white' game show do you think GSN SHOULD do for their 'Saturday Night Classics?' And which B&W game show do you think GSN WILL do?

Cordially,
[snapback]84629[/snapback]
[/quote]
The ratings may plunge in the toilet. Many people find B&W shows a turn-off. A good compromize would be to show game shows that were during both the B&W and colour era and mix it up. Password or TTTT would be a good one to do.
Don't think too hard... you might give yourself a headache.

SamJ93

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2005, 08:35:42 PM »
Why would ratings go down or people be turned off just because shows are in B&W?  Last I checked, reruns of "I Love Lucy" and other B&W sitcoms were still pretty durned popular...

That said, I can't see GSN giving a black and white show a Saturday night marathon.  If I'm wrong, and they do...I hope it's TTTT, myself.

--Sam
It was Bob Barker. He was eating a bologna and cheese-ball sandwich.

The Pyramids

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2005, 10:36:14 AM »
[quote name=\'SamJ93\' date=\'May 6 2005, 07:35 PM\']Why would ratings go down or people be turned off just because shows are in B&W?  Last I checked, reruns of "I Love Lucy" and other B&W sitcoms were still pretty durned popular...

That said, I can't see GSN giving a black and white show a Saturday night marathon.  If I'm wrong, and they do...I hope it's TTTT, myself.

--Sam
[snapback]84639[/snapback]
[/quote]

I think all of the color choices will be used up by July. New, second runs of 'Dodgeball' may be running on Saturday nights by then like last summer.

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2005, 10:59:49 AM »
[quote name=\'PaulD\' date=\'May 7 2005, 09:36 AM\']I think all of the color choices will be used up by July. New, second runs of 'Dodgeball' may be running on Saturday nights by then like last summer.
[/quote]
What a complete unfounded hypothesis.
--Mark
Phil 4:13

The Pyramids

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2005, 11:11:45 AM »
[quote name=\'Modor\' date=\'May 7 2005, 09:59 AM\'][quote name=\'PaulD\' date=\'May 7 2005, 09:36 AM\']I think all of the color choices will be used up by July. New, second runs of 'Dodgeball' may be running on Saturday nights by then like last summer.
[/quote]
[snapback]84661[/snapback]
[/quote]

Recenty in the daily paper here there was a local story about dodgeball leagues. Ian Valentine was quoted that 'Extreme Dodgeball II' is comming to GSN in July.

cmjb13

« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2005, 12:43:14 PM »
[quote name=\'PaulD\' date=\'May 7 2005, 11:11 AM\'][quote name=\'Modor\' date=\'May 7 2005, 09:59 AM\'][quote name=\'PaulD\' date=\'May 7 2005, 09:36 AM\']I think all of the color choices will be used up by July. New, second runs of 'Dodgeball' may be running on Saturday nights by then like last summer.
[/quote]
[snapback]84661[/snapback]
[/quote]

Recenty in the daily paper here there was a local story about dodgeball leagues. Ian Valentine was quoted that 'Extreme Dodgeball II' is comming to GSN in July.
[snapback]84663[/snapback]
[/quote]
They taped the shows this past week with the Championship being taped today.
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

saussage

« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2005, 01:22:06 PM »
[quote name=\'PaulD\' date=\'May 7 2005, 09:36 AM\']I think all of the color choices will be used up by July. New, second runs of 'Dodgeball' may be running on Saturday nights by then like last summer.
[snapback]84660[/snapback]
[/quote]
I didn't know GSN had such a small library. :)

*just joking*

I'm sure that all of us on this board can rhyme off 20 colour game shows that GSN could show on Game Show Saturday Night without even breaking a sweat. Heck, many of us could write down 52 different classic colour game shows that would keep that Saturday night busy for at least 1 year (although many of them would be different versions of the same game show and many of them would be one that GSN problably could air but haven't in a long time).

I guess if they can show a FF 94 Dawson ep at Halloween, anything is possible :)
« Last Edit: May 07, 2005, 01:33:52 PM by saussage »

michaellinn

« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2005, 11:13:48 PM »
GSN could also air Saturday night marathons of the same shows again, but with different episodes. But I think it would be cool to see some shows that aren't already somewhere on the current GSN schedule.

saussage

« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2005, 12:10:40 AM »
[quote name=\'michaellinn\' date=\'May 7 2005, 10:13 PM\']GSN could also air Saturday night marathons of the same shows again, but with different episodes. But I think it would be cool to see some shows that aren't already somewhere on the current GSN schedule.
[snapback]84719[/snapback]
[/quote]
Ohhh, like another MG marathon with a "Burns and cuts" episode thrown in? It would be nice to see but I'm sure GSN has enough game shows in their massive library to not have to repeat different shows of the same series for months at a time.

Just look at Treasure Hunt. It's been 2-3 years since the last TH marathon on GSN.
It's been a while since Hot tsssss Potato was run into the ground as well. Rating would problably go higher if they could lease TPIR and FF94 eps for a one night stand. Oh right... GSN is trying to save $$$. Well, let's enjoy what we have then :)

Saussage
Vanna White having a bad day turns into the letter puncher :)

cmjb13

« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2005, 06:54:02 AM »
[quote name=\'saussage\' date=\'May 8 2005, 12:10 AM\']Just look at Treasure Hunt. It's been 2-3 years since the last TH marathon on GSN.
[/quote]
4 years actually. Last aired in April 2001.
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

saussage

« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2005, 11:10:54 AM »
[quote name=\'cmjb13\' date=\'May 8 2005, 05:54 AM\'][quote name=\'saussage\' date=\'May 8 2005, 12:10 AM\']Just look at Treasure Hunt. It's been 2-3 years since the last TH marathon on GSN.
[/quote]
4 years actually. Last aired in April 2001.
[snapback]84735[/snapback]
[/quote]
I feel old all of a sudden :)

Wow. It doesn't feel like it was that long ago.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2005, 11:11:09 AM by saussage »

Ian Wallis

« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2005, 03:42:22 PM »
4 years actually. Last aired in April 2001

If GSN's worried about ratings for some of these older shows, they could lease a few episodes for a Saturday night block and see how the ratings hold up - that could lead to such shows as "Joker's Wild" returning to the schedule if the ratings are decent.

Just a thought...
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

michaellinn

« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2005, 10:19:21 PM »
[quote name=\'saussage\' date=\'May 7 2005, 11:10 PM\'][quote name=\'michaellinn\' date=\'May 7 2005, 10:13 PM\']GSN could also air Saturday night marathons of the same shows again, but with different episodes. But I think it would be cool to see some shows that aren't already somewhere on the current GSN schedule.
[snapback]84719[/snapback]
[/quote]
Ohhh, like another MG marathon with a "Burns and cuts" episode thrown in? It would be nice to see but I'm sure GSN has enough game shows in their massive library to not have to repeat different shows of the same series for months at a time.

Just look at Treasure Hunt. It's been 2-3 years since the last TH marathon on GSN.
It's been a while since Hot tsssss Potato was run into the ground as well. Rating would problably go higher if they could lease TPIR and FF94 eps for a one night stand. Oh right... GSN is trying to save $$$. Well, let's enjoy what we have then :)

Saussage
Vanna White having a bad day turns into the letter puncher :)
[snapback]84722[/snapback]
[/quote]

Yes! I didn't have GSN during the "Hot Potato" and "Treasure Hunt" days (although I watched those when they had originally aired way back when). Bring 'em on! :)