Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: P+: Alphabetics at center stage?  (Read 6243 times)

jmangin

P+: Alphabetics at center stage?
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2005, 10:36:18 AM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'May 1 2005, 08:48 PM\']"Keep your eye on this spot. This is the Winner's Circle. Yes, way the hell over here."
[snapback]84047[/snapback]
[/quote]

Wasn't that part of the "Pyramid 97" or whatever pilot where they had 6 "Pyramid Players" instead of 2 celebs?  They had a "Winners' Corner"

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2005, 05:22:51 PM »
The maingame platform for P+ is several steps higher than the Alphabetics area. (In SP the maingame desk is on a wagon, maybe 6" high.)

Seems to me you'd want to metaphorically raise the stakes by having the players walk up to play for the bonus prize.
It was elevated to accomodate the projection equipment used to project the password onto the front of the desk.

Desperado

« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2005, 06:57:47 PM »
[quote name=\'chris319\' date=\'May 2 2005, 04:22 PM\']
The maingame platform for P+ is several steps higher than the Alphabetics area. (In SP the maingame desk is on a wagon, maybe 6" high.)

Seems to me you'd want to metaphorically raise the stakes by having the players walk up to play for the bonus prize.
It was elevated to accomodate the projection equipment used to project the password onto the front of the desk.
[snapback]84133[/snapback]
[/quote]
Other reasons:

Anytime people are seated on a game show or talk show, they're usually on a platform of some sort.  This is so they're closer to the height of the cameras and camera operators.  

On P+ (and SP), only the contestants (seated) are on the platform.  The host stands in a recessed area at floor level so there isn't a great height difference.

During Alphabetics, the players are seated on tall stools, so a platform really isn't needed.

Clay Zambo

« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2005, 12:23:52 AM »
[quote name=\'chris319\' date=\'May 2 2005, 04:22 PM\']It was elevated to accomodate the projection equipment used to project the password onto the front of the desk.
[/quote]

Thank you, sir.  Now I needn't ask if the password was projected or super'd there in post!
czambo@mac.com

Neumms

« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2005, 01:16:02 PM »
Another couple of esoteric questions for Chris:

Why did they bother to project the password on the front of the desk rather than supering it?

Why didn't they keep showing the Password Puzzle wall as part of the set after a while? (Never having seen the early episodes, I always kind of wondered where they all were looking.)
« Last Edit: May 03, 2005, 01:16:24 PM by Neumms »

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2005, 04:38:47 PM »
[quote name=\'Neumms\' date=\'May 3 2005, 10:16 AM\']Another couple of esoteric questions for Chris:

Why did they bother to project the password on the front of the desk rather than supering it?

Why didn't they keep showing the Password Puzzle wall as part of the set after a while? (Never having seen the early episodes, I always kind of wondered where they all were looking.)
[snapback]84233[/snapback]
[/quote]
1. NBC convinced them to do it.

2. It was deemed unnecessary after a while.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2005, 04:39:02 PM by chris319 »