Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Would you sacrafice....  (Read 7153 times)

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
Would you sacrafice....
« on: April 28, 2005, 03:13:18 PM »
Let's say that GSN agrees to remove the credit crunches; in full; reinsert ticket plugs and cut-out portions of fee plugs.

However; to get this; they are eliminating Black and White Overnight to do so.

Do you accept--or do you want B&W Overnight back?
--Mark
Phil 4:13

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
Would you sacrafice....
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2005, 03:32:38 PM »
[quote name=\'Modor\' date=\'Apr 28 2005, 03:13 PM\']Let's say that GSN agrees to remove the credit crunches; in full; reinsert ticket plugs and cut-out portions of fee plugs.

However; to get this; they are eliminating Black and White Overnight to do so.

Do you accept--or do you want B&W Overnight back?
[snapback]83674[/snapback]
[/quote]

More importantly, why would you really need to have ticket plugs put back in to these shows in the first place? It just doesn't make a lot of sense to me to put them in after all these years, because some people would be dumb enough to write in and ask for tickets.

Fee plugs, maybe...but I don't see what place they have, really.

Besides, would you really need the whole space of B&W overnight to insert fee plugs?
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

Dbacksfan12

Would you sacrafice....
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2005, 03:41:54 PM »
[quote name=\'PYLdude\' date=\'Apr 28 2005, 02:32 PM\']More importantly, why would you really need to have ticket plugs put back in to these shows in the first place? It just doesn't make a lot of sense to me to put them in after all these years, because some people would be dumb enough to write in and ask for tickets.[/quote]
I don't want to see them--but there's others that do.

Besides, would you really need the whole space of B&W overnight to insert fee plugs?
[snapback]83679[/snapback]
Well, if you take into consideration that they use full commercial sequences on occasion to replace fee plugs [like on Newlywed Game], then....
--Mark

Jimmy Owen

Would you sacrafice....
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2005, 03:49:25 PM »
I'd accept it, though I'm not sure what one has to do with the other.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Would you sacrafice....
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2005, 03:50:08 PM »
[quote name=\'PYLdude\' date=\'Apr 28 2005, 12:32 PM\']More importantly, why would you really need to have ticket plugs put back in to these shows in the first place? It just doesn't make a lot of sense to me to put them in after all these years, because some people would be dumb enough to write in and ask for tickets.
[/quote]
Preaching to the choir, but have you seen the procession of tape fiends here who whine and moan whenever GSN does something that ruins the "pristine" nature of their shows?
Teh m4d WHOOSH.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

clemon79

Would you sacrafice....
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2005, 03:53:09 PM »
[quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\' date=\'Apr 28 2005, 12:49 PM\']I'd accept it, though I'm not sure what one has to do with the other.
[snapback]83684[/snapback]
[/quote]
Maybe Mark would have been better off to say "But they're also elimlinating B&WO. If you can have one or the other, which would it be?"

It's all hypothetical anyhow. One doesn't have to have anything to do with the other.

Dbacksfan12

Would you sacrafice....
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2005, 03:53:44 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Apr 28 2005, 02:53 PM\']Maybe Mark would have been better off to say "But they're also elimlinating B&WO. If you can have one or the other, which would it be?"
[/quote]
Thanks Chris.
That was my intention.
--Mark

FeudDude

Would you sacrafice....
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2005, 04:00:13 PM »
I would.  I don't watch the B&W shows that often, and I must admit I have an unhealthy obsession with game show announcers. ;-)

Mike Tennant

Would you sacrafice....
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2005, 04:15:29 PM »
[quote name=\'FeudDude\' date=\'Apr 28 2005, 03:00 PM\']I would.  I don't watch the B&W shows that often, and I must admit I have an unhealthy obsession with game show announcers. ;-)
[snapback]83688[/snapback]
[/quote]
And all this time, Randy, you thought that mysterious figure peering in your kitchen window was Gladys Kravitz.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2005, 04:16:14 PM by Mike Tennant »

Matt Ottinger

Would you sacrafice....
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2005, 05:01:33 PM »
[quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\' date=\'Apr 28 2005, 03:49 PM\']I'd accept it, though I'm not sure what one has to do with the other.
[/quote]
I'd refuse it, I want my B&WO.

Though I'm not sure what one has to do with the other.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

saussage

Would you sacrafice....
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2005, 07:46:02 PM »
I'd accept it for a while but I'd never carve it in stone. B&W shows have their place on GSN.

If they'd take out B&W overnight, maybe they can rejig the schedule to start regular programming at 8am EST instead of 9am EST. I think it was 8am that regular programming started at one time?

This seems silly but what if the ticket plugs would come up but GSN would just have a "friendly reminder" in the bottom right hand corner to not to call that number?

Going way off on left field, the best case scenario would be a paid programming game show segment. Wink Martindale as Ron Popeil playing Gambit using meat cubes as dice and toast for cards.

You know what, I may not be too off <me daydreaming>. Why not have paid programming as a game show to show to sell product? Then, maybe people would actually look forward to look at the paid programming segments. Instead, we just cross our fingers that GSN forgot to erase a tape during that period and "The Better Sex" shows up all of a sudden again.

Then, if that works, B&W overnight will still be on because GSN will be racking up major cash from the paid programming segments "a la game show", credits won't be crunched, the time machine will be trashed, ticket plugs will be back, Mr. Plumer commercials will be back on Pyramid, and Wink will be back doing actual game shows  
rather than commercials. All we need now are the Vault guys and the Green ball :)

I think I just choked on my sandwich after typing all of this :)
Don't think too hard... you might give yourself a headache.

clemon79

Would you sacrafice....
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2005, 07:58:28 PM »
[quote name=\'saussage\' date=\'Apr 28 2005, 04:46 PM\']You know what, I may not be too off <me daydreaming>. Why not have paid programming as a game show to show to sell product?
[/quote]
It was called "Bargain Hunters". 13 weeks and out. And justly so. Just freakin' horrible.

saussage

Would you sacrafice....
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2005, 08:27:36 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Apr 28 2005, 06:58 PM\'][quote name=\'saussage\' date=\'Apr 28 2005, 04:46 PM\']You know what, I may not be too off <me daydreaming>. Why not have paid programming as a game show to show to sell product?
[/quote]
It was called "Bargain Hunters". 13 weeks and out. And justly so. Just freakin' horrible.
[snapback]83727[/snapback]
[/quote]
There should be another way to sell items on a game show other than screaching the game to a stop and then boring people to death. Otherwise, why are people watching "paid programming" of all things??? You thought Bargain Hunters was bad, just look at some guy's abbbbbbbs for half an hour. Then I get hypnotized for the other half hour watching the food going around and around and around in the rotisserie. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. Put anyone to sleep. Believe me, I don't watch it but some people must do otherwise most stations wouldn't air it in the first place if there was no audience for it.

I'll take "Lee and Perrins" for 500 Alex :)
Don't think too hard... you might give yourself a headache.

clemon79

Would you sacrafice....
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2005, 09:45:05 PM »
[quote name=\'saussage\' date=\'Apr 28 2005, 05:27 PM\']Believe me, I don't watch it but some people must do otherwise most stations wouldn't air it in the first place if there was no audience for it.
[/quote]
I kinda like the ones for kitchen gadgets, even though most of them are crap I'll never buy. :)

That Don Guy

Would you sacrafice....
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2005, 09:53:53 PM »
[quote name=\'PYLdude\' date=\'Apr 28 2005, 02:32 PM\']More importantly, why would you really need to have ticket plugs put back in to these shows in the first place?
[/quote]

Watch some of the ticket plugs for Match Game 7x and you would understand.

-- Don