Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: One year ago today.....  (Read 4528 times)

zachhoran

One year ago today.....
« on: August 05, 2003, 08:48:56 AM »
One of the most unlikely candidates for a revival actually does make a comeback, as Lingo premieres on GSN. The show was a hit in the Netherlands and other countries, despite being a failure in the ratings(and was ridden with a bit of a scandal when players were not paid their winnings in many cases) in the US and Canada in 1987-88.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2003, 08:49:14 AM by zachhoran »

Ian Wallis

One year ago today.....
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2003, 09:17:33 AM »
I wonder if it even would have made it past the initial 20 episodes if ratings hadn't been so high?

I must admit that this is one of the GSN originals that I actually like.  I'm not a huge fan of \"Cram\", and \"Friend or Foe\" has grown tiresome.  

From a recent report, \"Lingo\" will begin its third season (a first for a GSN original) with new episodes on December 1st.  That date is also the 10th anniversary for GSN.  I guess with \"Lingo\" airing that day, they're likely not planning any day-long marathons to celebrate.

Too bad...

EDIT: sorry, I'll check my math next time.  It's only the ninth anniversary.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2003, 09:18:31 AM by Ian Wallis »
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

BrandonFG

One year ago today.....
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2003, 12:05:08 PM »
[quote name=\'Ian Wallis\' date=\'Aug 5 2003, 08:17 AM\'] From a recent report, "Lingo" will begin its third season (a first for a GSN original) with new episodes on December 1st. [/quote]
 I've said it once, I've said it twice, now I'm saying it....for the third time: LINGO needs to be put in syndication quick.

Q-U-I-C-K :-P

Seriously, this is one of those shows that I wish that more than a limited audience like GSN finds out about (RR is another). Make the frontgame points into dollars, and offer a top prize of $10,000 or so, and it would work. Maybe even do a deal with GSN where they show eps. on a week delay, like all the other cable nets do.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

zachhoran

One year ago today.....
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2003, 02:33:04 PM »
'Twould be nice to see Lingo(and the most-likely cancelled RUssian Roulette) tried in Syndication, whether it will happen is another story.