Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: The Ultimate Family Feud Experience 2  (Read 17869 times)

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
The Ultimate Family Feud Experience 2
« Reply #45 on: April 29, 2005, 04:09:49 PM »
[quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' date=\'Apr 29 2005, 12:51 PM\']Meanwhile, on the other thread developing here, I just received a lovely, personal note from Mark David of the GSTLL welcoming me into his group, after having been denied a couple of hours earlier.  Despite his note, I still seem to be denied entry.  Gotta love it.
[snapback]83857[/snapback]
[/quote]
I smell dissention in the ranks.

(Or maybe that's just the gazpacho.) :)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Casey Buck

« Reply #46 on: April 29, 2005, 06:45:24 PM »
Hey, I thought I was the official cue guy of Invision! ;)

You know, I just don't get the obsession over these Yahoo Groups. If you ask me, it's a piss-poor method of posting MP3 files, not only because of Yahoo's anemic bandwidth limits, but also because of all the hoops you have jump through just to get to the files.

My site (shameless plug!) has not had one single bandwidth limit error in the 3 1/2 months it's been up. And the files are free for the downloading; I don't discriminate who does or doesn't get to download the files. In fact, I've received mostly nothing but praise for what I've done for the GS community (except from the music cue hoarders; you know who you are).

If you want to post game show music cues, get a friggin' website, preferably not from Geocities, Tripod, FortuneCity, Angelfire and the like.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #47 on: April 29, 2005, 07:52:37 PM »
[quote name=\'Casey Buck\' date=\'Apr 29 2005, 03:45 PM\']You know, I just don't get the obsession over these Yahoo Groups.
[/quote]
Back in the days of modems and BBS's, where I lived, there was about a year-long period where kiddies who wanted to run Their Very Own BBS but couldn't afford the twenty bones a month for a decidated phone line would pimp their (horribly lame) boards all over the place, with the stipulation that you needed to call them voice first so they could put the board up for you, 'cuz they didn't have a phone line or a dedicated PC to run it 24/7 like a real sysop would.

These Yahoo groups, when used for this purpose, are the same idea. Serious people put up a Web site. Pretenders scarf up Yahoo groups.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2005, 07:52:52 PM by clemon79 »
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Kevin Prather

« Reply #48 on: April 29, 2005, 07:56:15 PM »
Gather 'round, kids! Grampa Chris is telling stories of the old days!

*sits around the campfire*

aaron sica

« Reply #49 on: April 29, 2005, 08:07:03 PM »
[quote name=\'whoserman\' date=\'Apr 29 2005, 07:56 PM\']Gather 'round, kids! Grampa Chris is telling stories of the old days!

*sits around the campfire*
[snapback]83886[/snapback]
[/quote]

Grampa Aaron's gonna back him up, too. :)

I was a big BBS person from 1990 to about 1995; and I liked it so much I put up my own bulletin board, the C.O.N.T.R.O.L. BBS (since my handle was Maxwell Smart), but I was one of the "kiddies" Chris mentioned who ran a part-time BBS for a few months. It ran 10pm-6am and used our same phone line. Even though I specifically stated it was only during those hours, we got calls day and night for the BBS which lasted until we moved away in 1993. It was a really dumb thing to do, but what can I say? I was younger then. :( (16)

ObGameShow: The one BBS I belonged to had a WoF-type game called "Bit Spin". It didn't take me long to eclipse the high score. :)

sshuffield70

« Reply #50 on: April 29, 2005, 08:36:38 PM »
Of the 10 or so (or however the hell many it really is) mods that GSTLL has, I think I'm the only regular who actually posts here, as well.

I'm not 100% certain I know what's going on, but I have a really good idea.

Edited to add that this thread, up to this post, has been sent to Mark David.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2005, 08:40:42 PM by sshuffield70 »

Robert Hutchinson

« Reply #51 on: April 29, 2005, 09:59:55 PM »
[quote name=\'sshuffield70\' date=\'Apr 29 2005, 07:36 PM\']Of the 10 or so (or however the hell many it really is) mods that GSTLL has, I think I'm the only regular who actually posts here, as well.

I'm not 100% certain I know what's going on, but I have a really good idea.

Edited to add that this thread, up to this post, has been sent to Mark David.[/quote]

I know virtually nothing about any of this, and I can plainly see what's going on just by reading what everyone posting in this thread is saying.

(Be sure to send this one along, too.)
Visit my CB radio at www.twitter.com/ertchin

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #52 on: April 30, 2005, 11:38:42 AM »
[quote name=\'sshuffield70\' date=\'Apr 29 2005, 08:36 PM\']Of the 10 or so (or however the hell many it really is) mods that GSTLL has, I think I'm the only regular who actually posts here, as well.[/quote]
As a member here, then, perhaps you could mention to your leaders that we don't appreciate seeing our Invision board criticized on your group's main page.  I have no problem with restrictive policies on a private board -- though I'm still quite baffled as to what I could possibly have done that would make you guys reject me -- but I can promise you that whatever problems you guys are having have nothing to do with the moderators of Invision, none of whom had even heard of you until a couple of days ago.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

melman1

« Reply #53 on: May 01, 2005, 12:31:24 AM »
[quote name=\'Modor\' date=\'Apr 28 2005, 10:59 PM\']Ah, the same one that lumped myself, Matt, and urbanpreppie into a group of "gsnboard terroists".  Yes.  Did he mention how Ian Robinson was?
[/quote]
This is the same bunch of cretins that used to have those empty "proboards" sites, where they'd all appoint each other Moderator, right?  Each forum site would have hundreds of subforums, most of which only contained the Rules, ranting a rather peculiar misinformed understanding of "free speech".  And no actual content or conversation, none at all.

If so, then "Move along folks, there's nothing to see here."
melman1, "some sort of God on this message board" - PYLdude, 7/9/06.

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
« Reply #54 on: May 01, 2005, 02:05:03 AM »
They have to go through the trouble of starting their own special group and WE'RE the ones with no life?
There are people in this world who need to discover that wonderful thing called sex.

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #55 on: May 01, 2005, 02:13:29 AM »
[quote name=\'chris319\' date=\'May 1 2005, 01:05 AM\']There are people in this world who need to discover that wonderful thing called sex.
[/quote]
Mommy, what's that?  I've been too busy watching Press Your Luck.
--Mark
Phil 4:13

Kevin Prather

« Reply #56 on: May 01, 2005, 02:16:16 AM »
Well, son, once the Whammy has taken enough money from the contestants, Tammy comes along...

GS Warehouse

« Reply #57 on: May 01, 2005, 12:57:50 PM »
[quote name=\'chris319\' date=\'May 1 2005, 01:05 AM\']There are people in this world who need to discover that wonderful thing called sex.
[snapback]83981[/snapback]
[/quote]
One word: AIDS.  It can't be that wonderful.  OK, so I'm a cynic!  At least I'm a live cynic.

ObGS: Didn't AIDS claim the life of Nathan Cook, who we saw on Super Password this past week?

DrJWJustice

« Reply #58 on: May 01, 2005, 01:08:02 PM »
[quote name=\'GS Warehouse\' date=\'May 1 2005, 11:57 AM\'][quote name=\'chris319\' date=\'May 1 2005, 01:05 AM\']There are people in this world who need to discover that wonderful thing called sex.
[snapback]83981[/snapback]
[/quote]
One word: AIDS.  It can't be that wonderful.  OK, so I'm a cynic!  At least I'm a live cynic.

ObGS: Didn't AIDS claim the life of Nathan Cook, who we saw on Super Password this past week?
[snapback]83992[/snapback]
[/quote]

Not only is this worthy of the first Scarecrow I've given in several weeks, it also has to go down as one of the more tasteless posts I've ever seen in here recently.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2005, 01:12:49 PM by DrJWJustice »

passwordplus

« Reply #59 on: May 01, 2005, 01:21:42 PM »
[quote name=\'daveromanjr\' date=\'Apr 28 2005, 10:19 PM\']As found on their site:
Dear members,
It has come to my attention that many of you have been angered by the fact that we don't allow PYL, TPiR or Double Dare files here. The reason why is not because we don't like or appreciate these shows. The reason is because there are at least 3,000 or more of these kinds of files floating around a good portion of the game show themes sites here on Yahoo! Groups. As a result, we don't want them here, and anyone caught posting them will be dealt with accordingly. Also, I have been noticing that many of you have been accusing myself and the other moderators/assistant managers of running this site only for satisfying the theme needs of the GSTLL staff members. That is entirely not true. If you are one of those incsecure people with no life from the so-called Invision boards whose sole purpose in life is to wreak havoc on harmless game show websites such as this one and gsn.com, then I advise you to watch your back because we will no longer be tolerating your crap anymore. If you don't like the standard of service offered here, leave at once. You can cause trouble elsewhere. If you do choose to stay, remember, one wrong move, and myself, or one of the many moderators here has every right to ban you from this group. Thank you for your understanding.
[snapback]83761[/snapback]
[/quote]

Are you ip blocking your site from public computers like another well known site?