Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Anyone Have the Jeopardy Promo Blooper Video?  (Read 6754 times)

Skynet74

Anyone Have the Jeopardy Promo Blooper Video?
« on: August 04, 2003, 01:10:01 PM »
It used to be on Castup.net but is no longer there. This is the Video where Alex was swearing his head off because he kept on screwing up the Jeopardy Phone Sweepstakes spot. Anyone know of an alternate location where this can be downloaded from?

Thanks,

John

BrandonFG

« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2003, 01:50:23 PM »
[quote name=\'Skynet74\' date=\'Aug 4 2003, 12:10 PM\']It used to be on Castup.net but is no longer there. This is the Video where Alex was swearing his head off because he kept on screwing up the Jeopardy Phone Sweepstakes spot. Anyone know of an alternate location where this can be downloaded from?
[/quote]
http://www.ifilm.com/filmdetail?ifilmid=1000339
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

Skynet74

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2003, 04:18:46 PM »
Thank you very very Much!

John

BrandonFG

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2003, 04:28:17 PM »
[quote name=\'Skynet74\' date=\'Aug 4 2003, 03:18 PM\'] Thank you very very Much!
 [/quote]
 And you're welcome very very much! :-)
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

Timsterino

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2003, 07:41:22 PM »
Now this was funny. I never saw this before.

Thanks,
Tim :-)

zachhoran

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2003, 07:51:13 PM »
GSN doing an Alex Trebek reality-show like the Woolery one would put the Woolery show to shame, really :)

Fedya

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2003, 11:48:05 PM »
In a similar vein, how do you think Trebek would react to a contestant like Bob Holman (sp?), whose run on Blockbusters GSN is currently showing?

For those who didn't see it on the 3d of August, Bob, who was hoping to get into TV production as a career, correctly answered a question, and Bill Cullen asked his standard Blockbusters question of where he'd like to go next.  Bob must have seen Ira Skutch or Robert Sherman gesturing to Bill, because he replied something to the effect of, \"I'd like to go to a commercial\".

Bill, being the quick wit that he was, played right along, even letting Bob take over his spiel for going to a commercial.  But for some reason I can't imagine Alex Trebek handling such a contestant very well.  (For that matter, I can't imagine such an event ever making it to air nowadays.  The expense of editing back in the day meant that less was edited out, so we got to see more interesting \"outtakes\".)  I guess I'm also reminded of the J! ToC contestant back in the late 80s who did impressions, and in the Final did an impression of Alex lecturing the contestants that the really needed to learn more about Canada.  The audience had a great laugh, but Alex seemed quite irritated.
-- Ted Schuerzinger, now blogging at http://justacineast.blogspot.com/

No Fark slashes were harmed in the making of this post

Brandon Brooks

« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2003, 12:30:48 AM »
Well, to put it bluntly, Alex is a hardass... in a good way.  That's what he's supposed to be.  He's made for Jeopardy!, and he runs the show tight and rather well.  Blockbusters wasn't that type of show.  It was serious, but any show that has Bill Cullen at the helm can't be tension filled.

God, watching Blockbusters, I almost feel that Bill's my long lost white uncle.

Brandon Brooks

zachhoran

« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2003, 09:36:55 AM »
I get an eerie feeling thinking that while CUllen's longest hosting gig was nine years(the original TPIR, though he did have a longer stint as a regular panelist on IGAS), Trebek's run on J! is now the third longest running continual GS hosting gig in US TV History(behind Sajak on WOF and Barker on TPIR)