Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Jeopardy "previous game show" exclusion?  (Read 2190 times)

Wheel2527

Jeopardy "previous game show" exclusion?
« on: April 19, 2005, 06:23:18 PM »
If someone who wants to audition for J! has already appeared several times on Canadian TV, but never on English-language game shows, will they be excluded? (The J! Web site states that "You are not eligible to be a contestant on JEOPARDY! if you have appeared on a game show/dating show/relationship show/reality show in the last year or three game shows/dating shows/relationship shows/reality shows in the last 10 years.")

I was thinking of entering a couple of titles on the audition form, with the explicit mention that these are "foreign, French-language shows -- I have never been on any English-language game show, anywhere." Would this automatically get me booted off?

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2005, 06:29:01 PM »
[quote name=\'Wheel2527\' date=\'Apr 19 2005, 06:23 PM\'](The J! Web site states that "You are not eligible to be a contestant on JEOPARDY! if you have appeared on a game show/dating show/relationship show/reality show in the last year or three game shows/dating shows/relationship shows/reality shows in the last 10 years.")
[snapback]82519[/snapback]
[/quote]

That seems pretty cut and dried to me, if you've been on several shows already.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

vtown7

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2005, 08:07:41 PM »
Ok... here's something to puzzle - I appeared, on camera, for BBC2's "Liar" in September 2002.  Now, I was an audience member, asking a question - not a contestant - but I stood to win 50 pounds if I along with the audience had not eliminated the one truth teller earlier in the game (I'm still wincing, Brig).

Does this count as an "appearance"?

Curious in Canada,

Ryan.

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2005, 12:47:54 AM »
I thought that whole clause was in there to have "fresh blood", if you will on the screen.  The majority of us Americans haven't seen our Canadian friend, more than likely...I would think he'd be exempt, but that's just me.
--Mark
Phil 4:13