Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Network Graphics, Scrolls, and Distractions  (Read 20754 times)

saussage

Network Graphics, Scrolls, and Distractions
« Reply #60 on: April 10, 2005, 09:55:46 AM »
[quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' date=\'Apr 9 2005, 11:14 PM\']This has been my second-favorite Mario-induced insanity of all time.

It's hard to beat this one.
[snapback]81283[/snapback]
[/quote]

Huh?

Just woke up from a bad dream. The good part is that I started my own Game Show Channel. The bad part is that Mario was at the controls. :)

We have enough things to worry about than this. This thread feels like it's going to run on forever because of a case of Mario fever. (although I myself lost some brain cells when I read the above thread).

Saussage
WBSM: I'll take "Whatever fills up your Bratwurst" for 100 Ben
Don't think too hard... you might give yourself a headache.

Mario500

« Reply #61 on: April 10, 2005, 12:05:47 PM »
The metaphor "good pair of supports" does not imply I should have never created this topic, in fact I'm proud to be facing these issues head on. I know the meanings of "crusade" and it's not only a religious thing. My goodness, after typing for two weblogs almost daily since 2003 my "Network Graphics, Scrolls, and Distractions" topic was actually the first time I received criticism for my style of writing.

Amazing for writing that is always checked before and after it’s posted online. If there is truly one problem with my writing, it's the occasional "missing words" (which I correct).
« Last Edit: April 10, 2005, 12:10:31 PM by Mario500 »

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #62 on: April 10, 2005, 01:06:02 PM »
[quote name=\'Mario500\' date=\'Apr 10 2005, 11:05 AM\']My goodness, after typing for two weblogs almost daily since 2003 my "Network Graphics, Scrolls, and Distractions" topic was actually the first time I received criticism for my style of writing.
[/quote]
This reminds me of when Adam Kliest posted his fan fiction last year, and said that "everyone" liked it, or something to that effect. "Everyone" amounted to 1 person.  

Who likes your style of writing?
--Mark
Phil 4:13

Mario500

« Reply #63 on: April 10, 2005, 01:11:30 PM »
If it's not worth taking risks and every chance possible at rallying up others for a common problems in television popularized by the likes of FOX Broadcasting Company (the animated promotions), the National Broadcasting Company (squeezed and shrunken credits), and many cable channels (CNN, FX, E! Entertainment Network, and now "GSN"), then all is lost for the minority I represent.

I hope to never see the day a small child asks me, "Mister, did TV in the 20th century have commercials during a show?". I would say, "Sonny, for a long time we didn't, but when the head fellows and ladies found a way around us, the public is locked out".

Yep, I'm listening to everyone, whether they are on topic or want to further touch the "issue" of my writing style. My response to the question, "Who likes your style of writing?" includes family, local radio and TV folks, a number of readers who respond to the weblogs I write for, and numerous others I communicated with through message boards.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2005, 01:17:31 PM by Mario500 »

tvwxman

« Reply #64 on: April 10, 2005, 01:21:28 PM »
[quote name=\'Mario500\' date=\'Apr 10 2005, 12:11 PM\']I hope to never see the day a small child asks me, "Mister, did TV in the 20th century have commercials during a show?". I would say, "Sonny, for a long time we didn't, but when the head fellows and ladies found a way around us, the public is locked out".
[snapback]81351[/snapback]
[/quote]

First off, I can't believe i'm responding to this drivel, cause you're very narrowminded in your willingness to admit that you're wrong.

But second, ad execs and tv program wizards have been incorporating advertising INTO programming. Go check out the "Camel News Caravan" for more on how.
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

aaron sica

« Reply #65 on: April 10, 2005, 01:23:48 PM »
[quote name=\'Mario500\' date=\'Apr 10 2005, 01:11 PM\']
I hope to never see the day a small child asks me, "Mister, did TV in the 20th century have commercials during a show?". I would say, "Sonny, for a long time we didn't, but when the head fellows and ladies found a way around us, the public is locked out".

I very highly doubt commercials during a show in the 20th century would be on a young child's mind. The mere THOUGHT of a small child around you is a scary thought.

[snapback]81351[/snapback]
[/quote]

Mario500

« Reply #66 on: April 10, 2005, 01:25:54 PM »
To clarify for some, the "commercials during a show" question is in reference to the possibility of animated graphics promoting a product during a program if television continues to push the limits.

aaron sica

« Reply #67 on: April 10, 2005, 01:29:18 PM »
[quote name=\'Mario500\' date=\'Apr 10 2005, 01:25 PM\']To clarify for some, the "commercials during a show" question is in reference to the possibility of animated graphics promoting a product during a program if television continues to push the limits.
[snapback]81357[/snapback]
[/quote]

And once again, you're missing the point. Why would a small child care about that? And about television "pushing the limits"? You are something else.

You do realize whatever minute amount of credibility you may have left around here, is disappearing with each moronic post you're making. You're quickly making yourself out to be the village idiot.

BrandonFG

« Reply #68 on: April 10, 2005, 01:36:27 PM »
[quote name=\'aaron sica\' date=\'Apr 10 2005, 12:29 PM\']You're quickly making yourself out to be the village idiot.
[snapback]81359[/snapback]
[/quote]

Well, at least Karlberg can breathe easier.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2005, 01:40:06 PM by fostergray82 »
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

BrandonFG

« Reply #69 on: April 10, 2005, 01:47:40 PM »
[quote name=\'aaron sica\' date=\'Apr 10 2005, 12:44 PM\'][quote name=\'fostergray82\' date=\'Apr 10 2005, 01:36 PM\']
Well, at least Karlberg can breathe easier.
[snapback]81363[/snapback]
[/quote]

Karlberg's posts are easy to understand; it's just that it's something very obvious (like "If you overbid on your showcase, you won't win it").
[snapback]81364[/snapback]
[/quote]

I guess I'll give him that much. GEEZ!
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

aaron sica

« Reply #70 on: April 10, 2005, 01:54:24 PM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' date=\'Apr 10 2005, 01:47 PM\']
I guess I'll give him that much. GEEZ!
[snapback]81365[/snapback]
[/quote]

Any respect he had from me, he lost when he made his post about Italians and game shows....

melman1

« Reply #71 on: April 10, 2005, 02:06:47 PM »
[quote name=\'Mario500\' date=\'Apr 10 2005, 09:05 AM\']The metaphor "good pair of supports" does not imply I should have never created this topic, in fact I'm proud to be facing these issues head on.[/quote]
So now you can't even remember what you wrote?  It looks even more absurd now:

[quote name=\'Mario500\']Like many struggles for others in history, fighting against the TV networks' power to add distracting graphics or shrink the credits while a classic or original program airs and the FCC's almost unbelievable act of forcing stations to inform viewers of a program's content through on screen TV ratings & "permanent" E/I logos is a battle that's useless unless there’s a good pair of supports. [/quote]
[quote name=\'Mario500\']"Good pair of supports" is a metaphor for support on both sides of an issue. [/quote]
Now you're denying that you understood what you wrote?  I guess I am not surprised.

My goodness, after typing for two weblogs almost daily since 2003 my "Network Graphics, Scrolls, and Distractions" topic was actually the first time I received criticism for my style of writing.
I guess that shows you how many people read your weblogs, eh?
« Last Edit: April 10, 2005, 02:08:16 PM by melman1 »
melman1, "some sort of God on this message board" - PYLdude, 7/9/06.

Mario500

« Reply #72 on: April 10, 2005, 02:46:54 PM »
The metaphor "good pair of supports" would've had a greater meaning if more folks sharing opposite views joined this "thread", as it's called. If you want a clear understanding of my writings, which I find unique from the next person (if not more), I would recommend reading the posts twice to avoid thoughts of contradiction.

Everything I said after responding to "Who likes your style of writing?" is the truth and there's no need for further insults. This "minority" I represent is the viewing population of TV viewers who wish the see the useless network graphics that ruin the viewing experience become a mistake of the past.

I understand that most of the time one person or more cannot make a big difference with the folks behind what we see on "GSN" and other networks, but we should at least let them know that viewers actually care about other elements on the screen.

aaron sica

« Reply #73 on: April 10, 2005, 02:48:42 PM »
[quote name=\'Mario500\' date=\'Apr 10 2005, 02:46 PM\']
I understand that most of the time one person or more cannot make a big difference with the folks behind what we see on "GSN" and other networks
[snapback]81381[/snapback]
[/quote]

No, you don't. Otherwise you never would have started your rants and raves about it.

Mario500

« Reply #74 on: April 10, 2005, 03:23:26 PM »
It's clear that a large number of viewers don't care if a large animated promotion blocks the program they're watching or a ticker squeezes the picture (in other words, I'm aware of them), but there's always the opposite population who are not pleased by the networks' decisions when it comes to graphics.

If only you got to know more of this particular population and everything would be far from the word "dumb".