Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: GSN's new sked....  (Read 17892 times)

MikeK

• Martha!
GSN's new sked....
« Reply #30 on: April 04, 2005, 05:30:21 PM »
[quote name=\'Don Howard\' date=\'Apr 4 2005, 04:40 PM\'][quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Apr 4 2005, 09:36 AM\']This only lasted for 85 episodes.[/quote]
It beats the heck out of that non-stop circuit of Arsenio's attempt at hosting Star Search. Some people are never pleased.[/quote]
You're insinuating that Zach is actually human, and not an automaton from the planet Zhifos, a land where the primary pastimes are ogling over female Jeopardy! champs and showing off their excessive knowledge of minutiae.  While their knowledge of useless material is overwhelming, nobody on Zhifos knows how to reproduce or even have a conversation with someone of the opposite gender.

Re: the new stuff on GSN, it looks like I'll have to set up a VCR with a working remote tomorrow morning.  I've never seen Rafferty on Card Sharks and my memory of him hosting Blockbusters is hazy at best.

Also, our very own Randy West will be an imposter on Friday's TTTT90.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2005, 05:49:08 PM by hmtriplecrown »

davemackey

GSN's new sked....
« Reply #31 on: April 04, 2005, 05:38:42 PM »
Great stuff. I hope that GSN can keep this going into the summer, so I will have something decent to watch in the mornings when I'm on vacation.

melman1

GSN's new sked....
« Reply #32 on: April 04, 2005, 05:43:26 PM »
[quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Apr 4 2005, 07:06 AM\']MG-1981-82 season: Friday show of week with Conrad Janis/Brett Somers/Paul Williams/Edie Mcclurg/Mclean Stevenson/Debralee Scott. Was this where they are in the weekend 11AM run?[/quote]
That week of shows aired only last December.  The weekend run is currently 6 weeks ahead.   Makes no sense to me that they'd pick this season for the new 9 AM weekday slot.

For the record, the various MG runs are presently:

9 AM weekdays: MG 81-82 (Synd. Year 3) week 18 of 35
3:30 PM (7 days): MG 77 week 19 of 52
2 AM weekdays (Tues - Sat) MG PM season 4
2:30 AM weekdays (Tues - Sat) MG 79-80 (Synd. Year 1) week 34 of 35
11 AM weekends: MG 81-82 week 24 of 35
3:00 PM weekends: MG 73 week 21 of 24
melman1, "some sort of God on this message board" - PYLdude, 7/9/06.

The Pyramids

GSN's new sked....
« Reply #33 on: April 04, 2005, 07:14:38 PM »
This is really something.

If you has asked me a few months ago what GSN may do in '05 I would have said maybe they would have some fun on weekends mornings, maybe 'Hollywood Squares' or 'Press Your Luck' would have returned to weekdays and maybe even the '100,000 Pyramid' would return for weekends or an odd marathon.

But I never expected a classic line-up like  this.

passwordplus

GSN's new sked....
« Reply #34 on: April 05, 2005, 02:44:03 PM »
[quote name=\'Modor\' date=\'Apr 4 2005, 03:36 PM\'][quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Apr 4 2005, 09:36 AM\']This only lasted for 85 episodes.[/quote]
No one asked you to pipe in with this.

Alternatively, I'm pleased to see refreshing changes on the lineup.  I've been in class all day, and have to go to work in 20 minutes, but I can't wait to check out the tape.

Would it kill them to show episodes from the second season of Jeopardy!?
While I'm not 100% sure, I believe it was reported GSN doesn't have access to this, currently.
[snapback]80474[/snapback]
[/quote]

Help me out on this one. Jeopardy is owned by Sony, correct? GSN is owned by Sony also, correct? Jeopardy has access to(at the very least) shots of the contestants playing in the Ultimate Tournament from when they first appeared. Then how in the hell does GSN not have access to other seasons of Jeopardy? I guess I'm missing something here.....WHOOSH over my head syndrome or something...
« Last Edit: April 05, 2005, 02:44:35 PM by passwordplus »

ilb4ever2000

GSN's new sked....
« Reply #35 on: April 05, 2005, 03:40:17 PM »
[quote name=\'passwordplus\' date=\'Apr 5 2005, 01:44 PM\']Help me out on this one. Jeopardy is owned by Sony, correct? GSN is owned by Sony also, correct? Jeopardy has access to(at the very least) shots of the contestants playing in the Ultimate Tournament from when they first appeared. Then how in the hell does GSN not have access to other seasons of Jeopardy? I guess I'm missing something here.....WHOOSH over my head syndrome or something...
[snapback]80623[/snapback]
[/quote]

Since Liberty bought half of GSN from Sony, I guess, GSN has had some sort of falling out with Sony, so now they have to lease programs from them like they would with any other company.

Ian Wallis

GSN's new sked....
« Reply #36 on: April 06, 2005, 09:12:11 AM »
Since Liberty bought half of GSN from Sony, I guess, GSN has had some sort of falling out with Sony, so now they have to lease programs from them like they would with any other company.

This is one major reason why they haven't rotated rarer shows in and out of the schedule like they used to.  When they  first went on the air, if they wanted to run "Break the Bank" or "Pass the Buck", all they had to do was schedule it.  Now, because they have to pay for the rights they can't just pull anything out of the vault that they want.

Lately, whenever they've added new shows to the schedule it's almost always been Goodson shows, because it's actually cheaper and easier for them to run them. That's why we've seen Rafferty's "Blockbusters" and "Card Sharks" instead of "Bullseye" or the first season of "Jeopardy".
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

aaron sica

GSN's new sked....
« Reply #37 on: April 06, 2005, 09:21:06 AM »
[quote name=\'Ian Wallis\' date=\'Apr 6 2005, 09:12 AM\']Lately, whenever they've added new shows to the schedule it's almost always been Goodson shows, because it's actually cheaper and easier for them to run them. That's why we've seen Rafferty's "Blockbusters" and "Card Sharks" instead of "Bullseye" or the first season of "Jeopardy".
[snapback]80734[/snapback]
[/quote]

Maybe that means they'll eventually dust off some other Goodson shows that haven't been seen on GSN in awhile - "Now You See It", "Child's Play", "Beat the Clock" (Narz, Wood and Hall versions), "Body Language", et al.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2005, 09:21:50 AM by aaron sica »

Chelsea Thrasher

GSN's new sked....
« Reply #38 on: April 06, 2005, 09:43:08 AM »
The last time they tried to schedule NYSI, back in the late 90s, It lasted all of, IIRC, around two weeks.  And that was in a *weekend morning* slot....when there were even fewer people watching the network than there is now.  

Beat the Clock, Body Language I could see.  BTC's got at least a *minor* amount of "oh yeah, I remember that" recognition, while Body Language has proven it can hold down at least a weekend slot for years-on-end (it lasted somewhere around four-ish years, I think, on weekends)

Child's Play is probably the mixed bag of the bunch.  On the one hand, it's a Bill Cullen show that had a run longer than 13 weeks, but on the other hand, how much of those little kids could viewers take before they changed the channel to something less painful - say - Trading Proctologists

zachhoran

GSN's new sked....
« Reply #39 on: April 06, 2005, 10:00:03 AM »
[quote name=\'Seth Thrasher\' date=\'Apr 6 2005, 08:43 AM\']The last time they tried to schedule NYSI, back in the late 90s, It lasted all of, IIRC, around two weeks.  And that was in a *weekend morning* slot....when there were even fewer people watching the network than there is now. 

[snapback]80738[/snapback]
[/quote]

NYSI7x was ditched because they were violating their contract forcing them to air Click. They had dropped Click for those two weekends and replaced it with NYSI. They switched it back to Click because of the contract violation.

Chelsea Thrasher

GSN's new sked....
« Reply #40 on: April 06, 2005, 10:16:07 AM »
[quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Apr 6 2005, 08:00 AM\']
NYSI7x was ditched because they were violating their contract forcing them to air Click. They had dropped Click for those two weekends and replaced it with NYSI. They switched it back to Click because of the contract violation.
[snapback]80740[/snapback]
[/quote]

Oops.  You're right - I'd managed to forget all about anything having to do with Click.  I do seem to remember, however, at least one show in the past (I wanna say Chain Reaction) got pulled for the reason I mentioned (abysmal ratings/viewer reaction)

aaron sica

GSN's new sked....
« Reply #41 on: April 06, 2005, 10:27:34 AM »
[quote name=\'Seth Thrasher\' date=\'Apr 6 2005, 10:16 AM\']
Oops.  You're right - I'd managed to forget all about anything having to do with Click.  I do seem to remember, however, at least one show in the past (I wanna say Chain Reaction) got pulled for the reason I mentioned (abysmal ratings/viewer reaction)
[snapback]80742[/snapback]
[/quote]

I seem to remember CR being one of the shows that aired during the dark period, and at first, I think it was at least airing sometime during the 7-8pm hour on Saturday and possibly Sunday, and also overnights on Saturday...

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
GSN's new sked....
« Reply #42 on: April 06, 2005, 02:38:53 PM »
[quote name=\'ilb4ever2000\' date=\'Apr 5 2005, 02:40 PM\']Since Liberty bought half of GSN from Sony, I guess, GSN has had some sort of falling out with Sony, so now they have to lease programs from them like they would with any other company.
[/quote]
Well, they do have a few other options, no?  Such as the crap show from The Family Channel...anything else they own outright?
--Mark
Phil 4:13

passwordplus

GSN's new sked....
« Reply #43 on: April 06, 2005, 03:56:56 PM »
[quote name=\'aaron sica\' date=\'Apr 6 2005, 08:21 AM\'][quote name=\'Ian Wallis\' date=\'Apr 6 2005, 09:12 AM\']Lately, whenever they've added new shows to the schedule it's almost always been Goodson shows, because it's actually cheaper and easier for them to run them. That's why we've seen Rafferty's "Blockbusters" and "Card Sharks" instead of "Bullseye" or the first season of "Jeopardy".
[snapback]80734[/snapback]
[/quote]

Maybe that means they'll eventually dust off some other Goodson shows that haven't been seen on GSN in awhile - "Now You See It", "Child's Play", "Beat the Clock" (Narz, Wood and Hall versions), "Body Language", et al.
[snapback]80735[/snapback]
[/quote]

Hey, MAYBE the prospect of having TPIR return to GSN isn't such a pipe dream after all. But I'm not sitting on my A$$ waiting for it to air, either.

JMFabiano

GSN's new sked....
« Reply #44 on: April 06, 2005, 07:20:29 PM »
Can't resist a cheap plug...I just put a brief article about the new 9-3 schedule on my site, the link to which should be below...
I'm a pacifist, and even I would like to see a little more action.