Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Password Plus this morning  (Read 3979 times)

gsgalaxy82

Password Plus this morning
« on: April 08, 2005, 03:20:32 PM »
Anyone know why the Della Reese/Bill Anderson week started today? Seems odd it'd start on a Friday.

David

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2005, 03:51:30 PM »
[quote name=\'gsgalaxy82\' date=\'Apr 8 2005, 02:20 PM\']Anyone know why the Della Reese/Bill Anderson week started today? Seems odd it'd start on a Friday.
[snapback]81055[/snapback]
[/quote]
I think they did skip an episode--ironically enough, it was the one Chuck D. told us to watch out for with the Convy/Charmin bit.  Telltale sign was the end of yesterday's telecast, when Kennedy thanked Convy for "a great week."  As to why the ep in question didn't air, your guess is as good as mine.  Prolly better.  :)

Doug
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

melman1

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2005, 04:06:32 PM »
Today's P+ had a round where one team got the fifth password, but neither player could solve the puzzle.  At that point TK declared "no one wins that round, we'll play another."  Why didn't the other team get a shot?  I know I've seen that happen in the Ludden P+'s.
melman1, "some sort of God on this message board" - PYLdude, 7/9/06.

gsgalaxy82

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2005, 04:09:30 PM »
[quote name=\'melman1\' date=\'Apr 8 2005, 03:06 PM\']Today's P+ had a round where one team got the fifth password, but neither player could solve the puzzle.  At that point TK declared "no one wins that round, we'll play another."  Why didn't the other team get a shot?  I know I've seen that happen in the Ludden P+'s.
[snapback]81061[/snapback]
[/quote]

On P+, the other team didn't get a shot to guess after the last Password. I believe that rule was only in effect on Super Password, if I'm not mistaken.

David

splinkynip

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2005, 04:38:55 PM »
[quote name=\'SRIV94\' date=\'Apr 8 2005, 03:51 PM\'][quote name=\'gsgalaxy82\' date=\'Apr 8 2005, 02:20 PM\']Anyone know why the Della Reese/Bill Anderson week started today? Seems odd it'd start on a Friday.
[snapback]81055[/snapback]
[/quote]
I think they did skip an episode--ironically enough, it was the one Chuck D. told us to watch out for with the Convy/Charmin bit.  Telltale sign was the end of yesterday's telecast, when Kennedy thanked Convy for "a great week."  As to why the ep in question didn't air, your guess is as good as mine.  Prolly better.  :)

Doug
[snapback]81058[/snapback]
[/quote]

They didn't skip anything... they just started with the show after the Charmin bit....

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2005, 05:57:41 PM »
[quote name=\'splinkynip\' date=\'Apr 8 2005, 03:38 PM\']They didn't skip anything... they just started with the show after the Charmin bit....
[snapback]81066[/snapback]
[/quote]
If that's the case, then the Charmin bit had to have been on the Monday show of that week, and had to have been the first Alphabetics of that day (as the reigning champion on the first show GSN aired had only $1200 to her credit, and it'd be very difficult to get three Alphabetics in one show).

Gawd, why do I sound like Horan all of a sudden?  I feel sick.

Doug
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

zachhoran

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2005, 07:18:41 PM »
[quote name=\'splinkynip\' date=\'Apr 8 2005, 03:38 PM\']
They didn't skip anything... they just started with the show after the Charmin bit....
[snapback]81066[/snapback]
[/quote]

It was reported in ATGS that the Convy/Charmin episode was the last P+ episode aired before the Dark Period began in 10/97. Whether or not that was their rationale for where to start re-airing P+ is another matter, seeing as they started SP from the beginning of the run.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2005, 08:30:47 PM by zachhoran »