Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Hollywood Squares question  (Read 2501 times)

cmjb13

Hollywood Squares question
« on: July 30, 2003, 07:57:29 PM »
Has there ever been a week where a celebrity was never chosen at all?
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

uncamark

« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2003, 12:03:35 PM »
Has there ever been a week where a celebrity was never chosen at all?

Don't know about the daytime version.  Of course, it happened on single shows (which we could count the nighttime version), and when it happened and Peter had a few seconds, he usually said, \"We didn't get to chat with _____________ this evening...\" and do the plug he would've done if they had been picked.  But for a whole week, I have no idea (although I remember from Fred \"Rerun\" Berry's one and only week on the daytime version after the first day that the contestants were trying to avoid him in the upper left hand corner whenever possible--Redack was probably wishing he'd put him in one of the \"lox boxes\").

Ian Wallis

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2003, 09:52:56 AM »
I don't know about a whole week, but I'm pretty sure there was more than one occasion when a celebrity went through two staight shows without being picked.

Oddly enough, there were also at least two shows (during different weeks) where center square Paul Lynde wasn't picked.  They both occured during the daytime version in the late '70s.  I used to keep hand-written records of game shows back then and remember seeing those two episodes.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2003, 09:53:22 AM by Ian Wallis »
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!