Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Sony cancels "Pat Croce", "Life & Style"  (Read 6037 times)

Don Howard

Sony cancels "Pat Croce", "Life & Style"
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2005, 10:12:02 PM »
I wouldn't mind seeing Hollywood Showdown get a crack in syndication. It'd make the syndicator and local stations happy since all weeks would be self-contained. Bring Todd Newton back as host of course. And do you suppose that show's announcer would be interested in reprising his role?
« Last Edit: March 30, 2005, 10:12:21 PM by Don Howard »

aaron sica

« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2005, 10:13:37 PM »
[quote name=\'Don Howard\' date=\'Mar 30 2005, 10:12 PM\']I wouldn't mind seeing Hollywood Showdown get a crack in syndication. It'd make the syndicator and local stations happy since all weeks would be self-contained. Bring Todd Newton back as host of course. And do you suppose that show's announcer would be interested in reprising his role?
[snapback]79984[/snapback]
[/quote]

Good question, I wonder what Burton Richardson *is* doing these days....He announced it, didn't he??

(Just kidding, Randy!!!)

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2005, 02:02:58 AM »
If there is demand from station managers, daytime game shows could be back.  I don't think that demand is there.   The vacated hours will be more than likely filled with Martha Stewart and upgraded talkers.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

tvwxman

« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2005, 08:20:00 AM »
[quote name=\'CarShark\' date=\'Mar 30 2005, 09:21 PM\']This just makes me wonder...what is Sony going to do now? They cancelled a show with decent ratings and bad demos for a couple of shows with (hopefully) decent demos and bad ratings. Do they suck it up and try to put Pyramid back on? Is that even an option now?
[/quote]

Too late. The TV convention NATPE was in January....often by then deals are already in place for the upcoming fall...a few more deals made when the bulk of the freshmen crop get their cancelation notices.... It's not to say that Pyramid couldn't be announced, but at this point, they'd put up for January, and that would be a go only if this falls new shows crash and burn REALLY quickly.
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

uncamark

« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2005, 12:13:36 PM »
[quote name=\'PYLdude\' date=\'Mar 30 2005, 08:57 PM\']Boy, oh boy. I have to contain my urge to laugh here.

I'm surprised Pat Croce's show made it to THIS point. I had it pinned for cancellation before January...it was that bad! I saw two episodes, and that was more than enough.

As for Life & Style...usually, when a talk show gets a bad timeslot in the New York market, it's usually a bad sign (Caroline Rhea, call your office). When the show doesn't belong on TV in the first place, well...that's another story.
[snapback]79970[/snapback]
[/quote]

And by January, hadn't WPIX dropped it, leaving WLIW as its only New York outlet (the first time since "ElimiDate" season one that a syndie show was forced to use WLIW as its New York station)?  When your "New York" station's the one that most people in Manhattan can only get on cable, that's not a good sign.

ChuckNet

« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2005, 04:13:59 PM »
And by January, hadn't WPIX dropped it, leaving WLIW as its only New York outlet (the first time since "ElimiDate" season one that a syndie show was forced to use WLIW as its New York station)? When your "New York" station's the one that most people in Manhattan can only get on cable, that's not a good sign.

I assume you mean WLNY (TV-55), right? WLIW (Ch. 21) is the local PBS station here on LI, and I don't think they've gotten THAT lowbrow. :-)

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious "Chuckie Baby")

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2005, 04:34:30 PM »
[quote name=\'ChuckNet\' date=\'Mar 31 2005, 04:13 PM\']
And by January, hadn't WPIX dropped it, leaving WLIW as its only New York outlet (the first time since "ElimiDate" season one that a syndie show was forced to use WLIW as its New York station)? When your "New York" station's the one that most people in Manhattan can only get on cable, that's not a good sign.

I assume you mean WLNY (TV-55), right? WLIW (Ch. 21) is the local PBS station here on LI, and I don't think they've gotten THAT lowbrow. :-)

[snapback]80085[/snapback]
[/quote]

I can only imagine..."You're watching WLIW-21, member supported public television...and the new home for Trading Spouses and reruns of the original 3's A Crowd."
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

uncamark

« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2005, 12:24:50 PM »
[quote name=\'ChuckNet\' date=\'Mar 31 2005, 04:13 PM\']

[snapback]80085[/snapback]
[/quote]

Yeah, yeah, yeah.  At least I didn't say "WLNG," which could've brought up game shows with lots of old PAMS jingles and remotes at the drop of a hat.

(For those of you not in the know, WLNG is this radio station in Sag Harbor, New York, that's somewhat of an anachronism--they have an ultrabroad playlist where the Beatles and Shania will be played back-to-back and you are guaranteed to hear a song you haven't heard in years, if ever.  They also seem to be doing remotes from their sponsors all the time and the sort of lost pet announcements that you expect from small town radio--and it's all punctuated by heavy reverb and lots of ancient PAMS jingles [most resung by Ken R.], all in mono--on an FM station!  However, when Arbitron recently rated their end of Long Island for the first time, they were in the top 3 in total households--whod'a thunk?)

Of course, they have a web site and they do stream:

http://www.wlng.com/

davemackey

« Reply #23 on: April 01, 2005, 05:34:43 PM »
[quote name=\'uncamark\' date=\'Apr 1 2005, 01:24 PM\']Yeah, yeah, yeah.  At least I didn't say "WLNG," which could've brought up game shows with lots of old PAMS jingles and remotes at the drop of a hat.
[snapback]80156[/snapback]
[/quote]
Not too far fetched. You could hear PAMS stuff on TV if you were in the right place. One of their samplers has the Series 26 "You're On Your Mark" jingle sung on behalf of Dallas TV station WFAA!

ChuckNet

« Reply #24 on: April 01, 2005, 10:27:18 PM »
Yep, as a LI radio guy, I'm quite familar w/WLNG...their mobile broadcasting unit occasionally shows up at major events around eastern LI, and amazingly enough, the station I work for has the calls of WLVG, though we go by the moniker "Love 96.1".

trainman

« Reply #25 on: April 02, 2005, 12:15:43 AM »
[quote name=\'davemackey\' date=\'Apr 1 2005, 02:34 PM\']You could hear PAMS stuff on TV if you were in the right place. One of their samplers has the Series 26 "You're On Your Mark" jingle sung on behalf of Dallas TV station WFAA!
[snapback]80189[/snapback]
[/quote]

I've got that whole WFAA-TV package (which was specifically for Ron Chapman's "Sump'n Else" show); my other favorite PAMS TV jingles are a set for WVTV in Milwaukee ("Milwaukee's own good-looking 18!") and some really cool instrumental beds for CKY-TV in Winnipeg.
trainman is a man of trains

sshuffield70

« Reply #26 on: April 02, 2005, 11:15:44 AM »
I've got that whole WFAA-TV package (which was specifically for Ron Chapman's "Sump'n Else" show);

Chapman finally hangs it up in June after 45 years in Dallas.

BrandonFG

« Reply #27 on: April 02, 2005, 12:22:07 PM »
Speaking of WFAA and retirees, there was a guy who did the weather for the station, and his trademark was always wearing a bow-tie. I think his name was Troy something. WEHT him?
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

Unrealtor

« Reply #28 on: April 02, 2005, 12:45:09 PM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' date=\'Apr 2 2005, 12:22 PM\']Speaking of WFAA and retirees, there was a guy who did the weather for the station, and his trademark was always wearing a bow-tie. I think his name was Troy something. WEHT him?
[snapback]80246[/snapback]
[/quote]

Troy Dungan. Still there, according to WFAA.com.
"It's for £50,000. If you want to, you may remove your trousers."

sshuffield70

« Reply #29 on: April 03, 2005, 02:18:58 PM »
Dungan....still there.....and still not a meteorologist.  4, 5, and 11 can run rings around him and his weather department.