Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Sony cancels "Pat Croce", "Life & Style"  (Read 6401 times)

brianhenke

Sony cancels "Pat Croce", "Life & Style"
« on: March 29, 2005, 09:16:01 PM »
Sources have said that Sony Pictures Television has canceled "Pat Croce: Movin' In" and "Life & Style".

The two shows' season-to-date ratings COMBINED were lower than what Sony averaged with "Pyramid" last year.

Brian

Don RUCKLES?
Johnny Cash sang "I Have the Wine"?

dzinkin

« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2005, 09:35:13 PM »
Since Brian, as usual, has declined to provide a source, here's a link to the story...

http://www.mediaweek.com/mw/news/recent_di...t_id=1000856769

aaron sica

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2005, 09:37:45 PM »
[quote name=\'brianhenke\' date=\'Mar 29 2005, 09:16 PM\']Sources have said that Sony Pictures Television has canceled "Pat Croce: Movin' In" and "Life & Style".

The two shows' season-to-date ratings COMBINED were lower than what Sony averaged with "Pyramid" last year.

Brian

Don RUCKLES?
[snapback]79850[/snapback]
[/quote]

Umm, yeah. That's great.

brianhenke

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2005, 09:39:43 PM »
[quote name=\'dzinkin\' date=\'Mar 29 2005, 09:35 PM\']Since Brian, as usual, has declined to provide a source, here's a link to the story...

http://www.mediaweek.com/mw/news/recent_di...t_id=1000856769
[snapback]79853[/snapback]
[/quote]

Another one:

The Futon Critic

Brian

Poland is the nation directly south of Canada?
Johnny Cash sang "I Have the Wine"?

Fedya

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2005, 11:11:35 PM »
David,

Brian could have done worse than not providing a link.  He could have simply cut and paste a whole article's worth of copyrighted material.  ;-)
-- Ted Schuerzinger, now blogging at http://justacineast.blogspot.com/

No Fark slashes were harmed in the making of this post

dzinkin

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2005, 11:21:02 PM »
[quote name=\'Fedya\' date=\'Mar 29 2005, 11:11 PM\']David,

Brian could have done worse than not providing a link.  He could have simply cut and paste a whole article's worth of copyrighted material.  ;-)
[snapback]79858[/snapback]
[/quote]
Shhh!  Don't give him ideas! ;-)

GS Warehouse

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2005, 12:17:16 AM »
[quote name=\'brianhenke\' date=\'Mar 29 2005, 09:16 PM\']Sources have said that Sony Pictures Television has canceled "Pat Croce: Movin' In" and "Life & Style".

[snapback]79850[/snapback]
[/quote]
Heck, Pyramid doubled their combined rating!  If Fox's Friday night lineup is haunted by the curse of Chuck Woolery, then Sony must live with the curse of Donny Osmond.  Now Marc Berman says Sony's upcoming talker with Robin Quivers is up in the air.  On top of the above two, Jane Pauley's show failed, Larry Elder's show is not expected back, and Good Day Live is already gone, so Sony is best off giving the red light to this money pit.

Hey Sony, we told you so!
« Last Edit: March 30, 2005, 12:17:38 AM by GS Warehouse »

uncamark

« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2005, 03:33:16 PM »
On top of everything else, gossip says that Kimora Lee Simmons was supposedly difficult to work with and chronically late or absent from tapings, adding the crowning touch to a misbegotten project.

Meanwhile, it is my obligation to point out that "Pyramid" was a pale imitation of the original (and we don't need to hash out why again).  It still would've been better to give it another chance than to blow it on two shows that probably cost more to produce then "Pyramid" (hell, "Life & Style" by itself probably had a higher budget).

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2005, 04:15:26 PM »
Had I known "Life & Style" was actually "The Jules Asner Show," I would have watched.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

tyshaun1

« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2005, 06:21:34 PM »
[quote name=\'uncamark\' date=\'Mar 30 2005, 03:33 PM\']On top of everything else, gossip says that Kimora Lee Simmons was supposedly difficult to work with and chronically late or absent from tapings, adding the crowning touch to a misbegotten project.
[snapback]79929[/snapback]
[/quote]

And having dealt with the woman, I can attest to the fact that she's one of the worst people I have ever met. So I'm not exactly feeling sorry for her (although being married to Russell Simmons and having Baby Phat, I don't think she's feeling sorry for her).

Tyshaun

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2005, 08:57:46 PM »
Boy, oh boy. I have to contain my urge to laugh here.

I'm surprised Pat Croce's show made it to THIS point. I had it pinned for cancellation before January...it was that bad! I saw two episodes, and that was more than enough.

As for Life & Style...usually, when a talk show gets a bad timeslot in the New York market, it's usually a bad sign (Caroline Rhea, call your office). When the show doesn't belong on TV in the first place, well...that's another story.

How's the crow taste, Sony?
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

zachhoran

« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2005, 09:16:42 PM »
[quote name=\'PYLdude\' date=\'Mar 30 2005, 08:57 PM\']
How's the crow taste, Sony?
[snapback]79970[/snapback]
[/quote]

They'd be better off doing another go at Dating and Newlywed Games than what they tried this season. Not that that's saying much.

CarShark

« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2005, 09:21:51 PM »
This just makes me wonder...what is Sony going to do now? They cancelled a show with decent ratings and bad demos for a couple of shows with (hopefully) decent demos and bad ratings. Do they suck it up and try to put Pyramid back on? Is that even an option now? There aren't any syndie game shows coming down the pike, but talk shows seem to be in the down part of its cycle. What's left? I don't think people could stand another court show. Frankly, I don't know how the market is supporting seven shows now (Judge Judy, Judge Joe Brown, The People's Court, Judge Mathis, Divorce Court, Judge Hatchett, Texas Justice).

I wonder if this might be the time to put Russian Roulette into the mix. They know that it can get a decent audience from it's run on GSN. Competition is down. Maybe if they stick it with Pyramid and it's loyal audience they could have something. The only thing that might worry them would be the budget. RR gave away more money than any other GSN Original of the time, by far.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2005, 09:34:55 PM by CarShark »

zachhoran

« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2005, 09:29:19 PM »
[quote name=\'CarShark\' date=\'Mar 30 2005, 09:21 PM\']
I don't know how the market is supporting seven shows now (Judge Judy, Judge Joe Brown, The People's Court, Judge Mathis, Divorce Court, Judge Hatchett, Texas Justice).

[snapback]79973[/snapback]
[/quote]

That's two or three more traditional game shows than will be in syndication next Fall(depending on whether Street Smarts dodges another bullet and gets a sixth season, which ain't likely)

catkins522

« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2005, 09:30:01 PM »
BTW, Pat Croce is moving in AGAIN tomorrow with a game show host, TV geek!

Charles
-----------

Bigger and better....in HD!!!!