Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: SUper Password Saturday night Classics 3/26  (Read 4914 times)

zachhoran

SUper Password Saturday night Classics 3/26
« on: March 26, 2005, 10:20:00 PM »
Nice to see the show again, but they start tonight's quintet of episodes by showing the Friday show of week one(9/28/84), jump ahead to the 11/23/84 episode with Jo Anne Worley and CHarles Siebert, and THEN jump back to the Tuesday show of week one. This reminds me of when they did a PYL marathon on Thanksgiving weekend 2001 and showed the last day of Rick Perry's reign as champ followed by one of his earlier shows.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2005, 10:20:55 PM by zachhoran »

xibit777

« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2005, 06:48:38 AM »
At least they aren't showing WL, Greed, Dog Eat Dog, and all the other rerun abused shows.  

I have to say I LOVED seeing a new show.

JasonA1

• Executive Producer
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2005, 09:51:41 AM »
Yeah, I really enjoyed watching this marathon. Lots of funny moments and great play along. One question: why was Tom Poston ever invited back?

-Jason
Game Show Forum Muckety-Muck

The Pyramids

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2005, 11:47:27 AM »
[quote name=\'JasonA1\' date=\'Mar 27 2005, 09:51 AM\']Yeah, I really enjoyed watching this marathon. Lots of funny moments and great play along. One question: why was Tom Poston ever invited back?

-Jason
[snapback]79571[/snapback]
[/quote]

Yes, great to see the show.

But that Joanne Worley always reminds me of the kind of loud, annoying co-worker you try to avoid as much as possible. Why talent cordinators booked her so much is beyond me.

Doubtless contestants would leave feeling the same way.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2005, 11:47:49 AM by PaulD »

uncamark

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2005, 05:30:57 PM »
[quote name=\'PaulD\' date=\'Mar 27 2005, 11:47 AM\'][quote name=\'JasonA1\' date=\'Mar 27 2005, 09:51 AM\']Yeah, I really enjoyed watching this marathon. Lots of funny moments and great play along. One question: why was Tom Poston ever invited back?

-Jason
[snapback]79571[/snapback]
[/quote]

Yes, great to see the show.

But that Joanne Worley always reminds me of the kind of loud, annoying co-worker you try to avoid as much as possible. Why talent cordinators booked her so much is beyond me.

[snapback]79578[/snapback]
[/quote]

1.  She was a decent game player and enjoyed doing it.  She never acted like she was doing this just to satisfy the network bosses who wanted her to plug her show.

2.  (Conjecture) Like Kathy Griffin on "H2" the last few years, if they needed someone and she was available, she'd do it.

mmb5

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2005, 07:08:35 PM »
[quote name=\'PaulD\' date=\'Mar 27 2005, 11:47 AM\']Yes, great to see the show.

[snapback]79578[/snapback]
[/quote]

In an Entertainment Weekly article from last year, Desperate Housewives creator Marc Cherry is eternally grateful to Jo Anne Worley, who helped him win money on Pyramid.  He used this money to live on while making his mark as a writer in Hollywood.

So, at least one person is happy to see her.

--Mike
Portions of this post not affecting the outcome have been edited or recreated.

bossjock967

• Smiling politely.
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2005, 07:24:40 PM »
The third episode shown last night... which was the second show to air during the premiere week... was an absolute train wreck.  I realize it was only the second show... but Bert seemed SOOOOO out of place... with a "deer in the headlights" look on his face most of the time.

I'm glad they didn't judge the series based on that show alone.
Corey Dukes
The "Biggest Jerk" of the Game Show Forum

Pyramid80

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2005, 01:38:12 PM »
Does anyone know the airdates of the shows with Vicki Lawrence & Tom Poston and Elaine Joyce & Tom Poston?

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2005, 01:51:42 PM »
[quote name=\'Pyramid80\' date=\'Mar 29 2005, 12:38 PM\']Does anyone know the airdates of the shows with Vicki Lawrence & Tom Poston and Elaine Joyce & Tom Poston?
[snapback]79807[/snapback]
[/quote]
The Vicki Lawrence/Tom Poston episode was from the third week of the run (I believe the Tuesday ep, which would put the airdate at 10/9/84).  The Elaine Joyce/Tom Poston ep was from the week of 1/13-17/85 (but I don't recall which day of the week it was--but it was from the final taping of 1984).

Doug
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)