Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Bad game shows do you like  (Read 9795 times)

mystery7

Bad game shows do you like
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2005, 06:08:51 PM »
Bad is in the eye of the beholder, I guess, but I always liked Go. A great concept that got a bum rap. Although you'd have to wonder to yourself what kind of show would give away $10,000 for knowing "what goes around a loaf of pie".

Blanquepage

• "Pacman cereal: it eats YOU!" - Geoff, Starcade
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2005, 06:26:02 PM »
3's a Crowd is a guilty pleasure. Pass the Buck was fun, and I may be one of the few, in fact I know I am...but I kinda liked The Diamond Head Game .

--Jamie

GPeefalt

« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2005, 06:28:09 PM »
I remember being addicted to Pitfall as a kid.

bulldog_06

« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2005, 07:17:52 PM »
I actually dug The Joker's Wild '90 and actually like the game of Monopoly, not the host.

tvwxman

« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2005, 07:42:03 PM »
[quote name=\'GPeefalt\' date=\'Mar 9 2005, 06:28 PM\']I remember being addicted to Pitfall as a kid.
[snapback]77648[/snapback]
[/quote]

I'll second that. Coolest bonus round and set of 1981. Even if Trebek didn't get paid.
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

ChuckNet

« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2005, 07:52:32 PM »
I'll second that. Coolest bonus round and set of 1981. Even if Trebek didn't get paid.

Yeah, def...and having gotten WLIG (now WLNY, TV-55) here on LI since its mid-1985 sign-on, I was able to catch the reruns they aired in 85-86, back-to-back w/Cullen's Pyramid for most of its run.

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious "Chuckie Baby")

calliaume

« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2005, 09:28:15 PM »
The Money Maze was always a huge favorite during the original run.  I liked The Big Showdown too, and have become more of a fan since its passing (gulp) 30 years ago.

TonicBH

« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2005, 09:46:58 PM »
I like TJW90 and TTD90, although they are inferior to their predecessors. Although, the category format of TJW90 mixed with the questions format of classic TJW could work in a future revival...
You Found a Secret Area: The place where I write about dumb game show and video game stuff occasionally.

Little Big Brother

« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2005, 11:23:16 PM »
I'll second Pass the Buck.  Also, I remember really enjoying  Talk About way back when.  I guess since I enjoy the game Outburst so much that enjoying those shows makes sense.

Has Outburst been considered for adaptation for a game show?  It seems like it could work.

Esoteric Eric

« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2005, 12:13:35 AM »
Despite the ungrammatical thread title, I'm compelled to respond  (heck, there's a reason I chose "Esoteric" (I mean, besides the fact that I was born the same month as "Weird" Al Yankovic))

Allow me to be the first to drag out the EOTVG$ (2nd Edition)... here goes, shows I liked that lasted a year or less in at least one version...

All-American Ultra Quiz (two-episode one-time special), All-Star Blitz, All-Star Secrets, Almost Anything Goes (primetime summer replacement w/ sportscaster Charlie Jones and some guy named Regis), The Better Sex, The Big Showdown, Blackout, Blank Check, Blankety Blanks, Break the Bank (Rayburn / Farago), Caesars Challenge, Chain Reaction (original Cullen series), The Challengers, Child's Play, Couch Potatoes, The Diamond Head Game, Don Adams' Screen Test, Double Dare (Trebek), Double Exposure (although I wasn't even two years old when it aired in '61, I recognized the set when I saw the picture in the encyclopedia), Double Talk, Everybody's Talking, Funny You Should Ask, The Game Game, Go!, The Guinness Game, Hit Man, Hollywood's Talking, Hot (sssssss!!!)Potato, Hot Seat, It's Anybody's Guess, Joe Garagiola's Memory Game, Knockout, The Krypton Factor (primetime summer replacement), Love Me Love Me Not, The Magnificent Marble Machine, The Match Game - Hollywood Squares Hour, Mindreaders, The Moneymaze,and Monopoly (primetime summer replacement)... and that's just A - M!

Esoteric Eric, to be continued (hey, may finally get to 100 posts tonight!)
P.S.  Saw AMC's The Movie Masters only once, but it was fun to see Mr. Rayburn, Ms. Cass, and Mrs. Carlisle Hart back in the game
Eric Smallman; "...I don't think God ever forgave me for Phyllis Newman..." - "Jimmy Carter" (Dan Aykroyd), SNL, 1976

Esoteric Eric

« Reply #25 on: March 10, 2005, 01:05:17 AM »
OK, I've cracked open a Mike's Hard Cranberry Lemonade, and Keith Olbermann's about to say those three little words ("Let's play Oddball!")  Hold on to your cookies, The Esoteric List continues:

Name Droppers (which, of all the So. Cal.-based games, seemed to be the only one with contestants from Saugus, namesake of my Massachusetts hometown), Now You See It (Henry), Pitfall, Play the Percentages, Quicksilver, Rhyme and Reason, Rodeo Drive, Runaround, Scattergories, Second Chance, Shoot For The Stars, Showdown (1966, replaced by original Squares), Showoffs, Spin-Off, Split Second (Hall), Sports on Tap, Storybook Squares, Strike It Rich (Garagiola), Stumpers, 10 Seconds, Think Twice, Top Card, Treasure Isle (just over a year, sue me ((8=D)) ), Triple Threat (Lange; didn't have BET for the second version), Trivia Trap, Trivial Pursuit(interactive and studio), Winning Streak, Wipeout, The Wizard of Odds, Wordplay, You Don't Say! (1975 Kennedy version), and Your Number's Up.

Esoteric Eric; <whew> (No, Whew! lasted thirteen months.)
Still one to go for a hundred posts.
Eric Smallman; "...I don't think God ever forgave me for Phyllis Newman..." - "Jimmy Carter" (Dan Aykroyd), SNL, 1976

whammy5000

« Reply #26 on: March 10, 2005, 02:35:32 AM »
Hands on pitchforks, folks...

For some reason, Distraction tickles my fancy. (dodges tomato)

Neumms

« Reply #27 on: March 10, 2005, 03:06:27 AM »
I have to say "Trivia Trap," only the original rules, despite that you had to pick the wrong answers. Love the $1000 Race, love the music, love the sweaters.

I loved "Monopoly," too. I'd kill to see the pilot.

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #28 on: March 10, 2005, 04:05:03 AM »
[quote name=\'Esoteric Eric\' date=\'Mar 10 2005, 01:05 AM\']OK, I've cracked open a Mike's Hard Cranberry Lemonade, and Keith Olbermann's about to say those three little words ("Let's play Oddball!")  Hold on to your cookies, The Esoteric List continues:

Name Droppers (which, of all the So. Cal.-based games, seemed to be the only one with contestants from Saugus, namesake of my Massachusetts hometown), Now You See It (Henry), Pitfall, Play the Percentages, Quicksilver, Rhyme and Reason, Rodeo Drive, Runaround, Scattergories, Second Chance, Shoot For The Stars, Showdown (1966, replaced by original Squares), Showoffs, Spin-Off, Split Second (Hall), Sports on Tap, Storybook Squares, Strike It Rich (Garagiola), Stumpers, 10 Seconds, Think Twice, Top Card, Treasure Isle (just over a year, sue me ((8=D)) ), Triple Threat (Lange; didn't have BET for the second version), Trivia Trap, Trivial Pursuit(interactive and studio), Winning Streak, Wipeout, The Wizard of Odds, Wordplay, You Don't Say! (1975 Kennedy version), and Your Number's Up.

Esoteric Eric; <whew> (No, Whew! lasted thirteen months.)
Still one to go for a hundred posts.
[snapback]77695[/snapback]
[/quote]

I can't believe you didn't like "Temptation."  Art James dressed up like a riverboat gambler roolz.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2005, 04:08:16 AM by Jimmy Owen »
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #29 on: March 10, 2005, 06:45:38 AM »
[quote name=\'Little Big Brother\' date=\'Mar 9 2005, 09:23 PM\']Has Outburst been considered for adaptation for a game show?  It seems like it could work.
[snapback]77690[/snapback]
[/quote]
Yes. It was called "Talk About."
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe