Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Celeb appearances on Multiple versions of Pyramid  (Read 8978 times)

GSFan

Celeb appearances on Multiple versions of Pyramid
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2003, 12:08:07 AM »
Although she recalls having been on the show in the interview she did with Steve Beverly, Betty White did not appear on Pyramid during its run in New York.

I remember this because there was a rumor that ABC was going to start charging me rent if I hung out at Studio 15 any more than I already did.

David
March 26, 2023 - 50 years of Pyramid!

pyrfan

« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2003, 02:05:00 AM »
Besides Jo Anne Worley and Soupy Sales, add Rita Moreno to the list of celebs who have done all pre-Osmond versions of the show. The only other candidate might be Adrienne Barbeau, but a number of sources confirm that her first appearance was on the ABC 10K in December 1974 against Tony Randall.

Brendan

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2003, 10:33:41 AM »
but a number of sources confirm that her first appearance was on the ABC 10K in December 1974 against Tony Randall.
The problem, of course, is that there's a significant chunk of early CBS data that's missing.  Months of it, in fact.  So the ABC appearance in 1974 is her first confirmed appearance, but that isn't exactly the same thing as her confirmed first appearance.

Considering that she was on a CBS show at the time, I think it's likely that she could have played on the CBS version.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

Kevin Prather

« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2003, 12:30:59 PM »
I remember on an eppy of 80's $100K Pyramid that she was asked by Dick Clark when the first time she played was, and she said \"Probably the first year you were in New York.\"

I think that means the CBS season.

pyrfan

« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2003, 11:01:29 PM »
One of the sources I mentioned was Adrienne herself, who said in a 1987 appearance on the 25K that she played against Tony Randall her first time on the show. That doesn't rule out the possibility that she played against Tony on the CBS 10K, though.