Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: TPiR for the Experts  (Read 5886 times)

TalkingHeadsFan

TPiR for the Experts
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2005, 08:50:39 AM »
How about Range Game with a customized $100 range?

wschmrdr

TPiR for the Experts
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2005, 10:12:02 AM »
That's most certainly allowed, since it was a form of the game that has been played!

I totally forgot about Switcheroo, and I do have trouble with that game. I'd probably replace that for "On the Spot", if we had the "must use current games" rule.

BTW, I know there are people out there who may not be responding because either they've already been on the show, or they've already been backstage on an occasion. Pretend you're eligible for this one episode.

ChuckNet

TPiR for the Experts
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2005, 12:38:20 PM »
Lucky $even could be considered the "hardest," if the Ford Escape is used! ($19,995)

And more so if they decided to start using cars w/0s in their prices again.

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious "Chuckie Baby")

Steve Gavazzi

TPiR for the Experts
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2005, 03:35:27 PM »
I'm not sure why I'm doing this, since he's not gonna listen, but...

[quote name=\'Craig Karlberg\' date=\'Mar 6 2005, 04:00 AM\']Mystery Price:  I hardly saw the game but from what I've seen, it's rather tricky in that you had no idea what the actual retail price of a particular item is unless the game's played at a point where you merely "eliminate" certain possibilities(like Fortune Hunter).[/quote]

Nothing you said in there sounds even remotely like Mystery Price.

[quote name=\'Craig Karlberg\' date=\'Mar 6 2005, 04:00 AM\']Bonkers[/quote]

If you want a hard game, there's no way in hell you should be looking at Bonkers.

[quote name=\'Craig Karlberg\' date=\'Mar 6 2005, 04:00 AM\']On The Nose:  If you know what the right price of the car is, than it'll be easier to complete the athletic part of the game.[/quote]

No, it won't.  It gave you more chances, but it didn't make the feat any simpler.

And as for the rest of your comments...no shit.

BrandonFG

TPiR for the Experts
« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2005, 03:56:08 PM »
[quote name=\'Craig Karlberg\' date=\'Mar 6 2005, 04:00 AM\']On The Nose:  If you know what the right price of the car is, than it'll be easier to complete the athletic part of the game.
[snapback]77169[/snapback]
[/quote]

So, knowing the price of the car helps you automatically, despite any athletic prowess, or lack thereof? What about if you can't even aim at a toilet, let alone a basketball hoop? In either scenario, all the balls in the world wouldn't help you, and both scenarios will prolly leave you pissed all over.

I'll be here all week. Spring break special! :-)
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

Steve Gavazzi

TPiR for the Experts
« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2005, 04:37:26 PM »
Brandon, that's a far better response than mine. :-)

Neumms

TPiR for the Experts
« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2005, 05:41:33 PM »
[quote name=\'Steve McClellan\' date=\'Mar 5 2005, 05:07 PM\'][quote name=\'Neumms\' date=\'Mar 5 2005, 10:22 AM\']I'd want the games that truly test one's pricing accumen rather than guessing the third digit in the price of a trip, so these:
[...]
Flip Flop (to get a quick game in there, and it seems to be the hardest of the "Double Prices" ilk)
[snapback]77092[/snapback]
[/quote]
Uh, it's difficult because, two out of three times, you're guessing the third digit in the price of the prize....
[snapback]77118[/snapback]
[/quote]

You're right. I was trying to avoid "Double Prices" because nobody likes it, but it's probably the fairest test.

Someone else mentioned "Fortune Hunter," and I like that one, too. It could have been staged better, the set wasn't imaginative at all, but the actual game and the reveal were interesting.

"Ten Chances" is another good, hard game, but I'm not wild about the games with the unspoken rules, say, "the last digit is always zero." I can't stand "Hit Me"--if you've seen it and understand it, you can't lose; if you haven't seen it, it's going to be a frustrating five mintues.

CarShark

TPiR for the Experts
« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2005, 10:53:33 PM »
1. Triple Play
2. It's In the Bag
3. Credit Card
4. One Wrong Price
5. Switcheroo
6. Push Over (for a car)

I wanted to choose games that rewarded reasonable pricing knowledge.

1. Triple Play was the only one that worked from The Big Three.

2. The grocery game was a hard choice. I really wanted it to be Check-Out for a car, especially after seeing this. Pure evil.

3&4. The multi-prize games were pretty easy to choose from since many of them involve just guesswork. Step Up could have worked also.

5. I wanted to play Cliff Hangers fifth, but I didn't like the choices for Car Only games. (TTM, maybe?) I thought that Switcheroo would be the best candidate for SP/Car game, since winning the car is so tied into getting the SPs right.

6. Finally, Push Over for a car worth about $20,000, so there will be a couple of good options.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2005, 11:09:49 PM by CarShark »

tvwxman

TPiR for the Experts
« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2005, 06:45:06 AM »
[quote name=\'CarShark\' date=\'Mar 6 2005, 10:53 PM\']

6. Finally, Push Over for a car worth about $20,000, so there will be a couple of good options.
[snapback]77244[/snapback]
[/quote]

Not unless that car price had lots of 2's in it...otherwise, it'd likely be easy...

Observe:   2 4 7 5 2 1 3 9 5 0

Doesn't look too tough to me....

Observe again :   2 4 2 2 0 2 3 5 2 0

4 choices now, instead of 2 above.....Still....there are tougher games out there...
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

zachhoran

TPiR for the Experts
« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2005, 09:02:42 AM »
[quote name=\'tvwxman\' date=\'Mar 7 2005, 06:45 AM\'][quote name=\'CarShark\' date=\'Mar 6 2005, 10:53 PM\']

[snapback]77244[/snapback]
[/quote]

Not unless that car price had lots of 2's in it...otherwise, it'd likely be easy...

Observe:   2 4 7 5 2 1 3 9 5 0

Doesn't look too tough to me....

Observe again :   2 4 2 2 0 2 3 5 2 0

4 choices now, instead of 2 above.....Still....there are tougher games out there...
[snapback]77271[/snapback]
[/quote]

On the occasions where Push Over has been played for a car, usually there are three likely prices. The layout is often something like 219175304.