Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: $ale Instant Cash query  (Read 2374 times)

Steve McClellan

$ale Instant Cash query
« on: March 02, 2005, 11:44:11 PM »
If my decade-plus-old memory serves me, when the Instant Cash was offered, the price for a box was the leader's margin over second place. What was the protocol when there was a tie for the lead?

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
$ale Instant Cash query
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2005, 11:59:14 PM »
[quote name=\'Steve McClellan\' date=\'Mar 2 2005, 11:44 PM\']If my decade-plus-old memory serves me, when the Instant Cash was offered, the price for a box was the leader's margin over second place. What was the protocol when there was a tie for the lead?
[/quote]
An auction would be held; and at times, went as low as a buck.

I'm more certain of this $ale answer than last time.
--Mark
Phil 4:13

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
$ale Instant Cash query
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2005, 12:38:43 AM »
[quote name=\'Modor\' date=\'Mar 2 2005, 09:59 PM\'][quote name=\'Steve McClellan\' date=\'Mar 2 2005, 11:44 PM\']If my decade-plus-old memory serves me, when the Instant Cash was offered, the price for a box was the leader's margin over second place. What was the protocol when there was a tie for the lead?
[/quote]
An auction would be held; and at times, went as low as a buck.

I'm more certain of this $ale answer than last time.
[snapback]76816[/snapback]
[/quote]
Which is a pretty safe bet, since EVERY Instant Bargain, INCLUDING Instant Cash, was potentially negotiable by Jim.

To answer your question, if there was a tie, then the amount of the lead was the difference between the tied players and the player in third place. So that's where the auction would officially start. As Mark points out, though, it would drop to a question or less pretty quickly.

So the follow up question that some schmuck is gonna ask is "what if there was a three way tie? I simply must know what happens in this remote situation because I have nothing better to do with my time!" And I dunno. My GUESS, though, is that they would simply hold off the Instant Cash for one question until the tie is broken, and then proceed as usual.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2005, 12:39:07 AM by clemon79 »
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe