Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: I like it, but why?  (Read 3663 times)

The Pyramids

I like it, but why?
« on: March 01, 2005, 06:08:57 PM »
I've waited about a week to ask this. First please note that I am surprised and delighted as everyone else for the classic line-up.

But why? All we have heard for as long as I remember is how such reruns are a looser as far as advertisers are concerned, and nearly a year ago now it was non-stop 'Don't miss an ALL NEW Kenny vs. Spenny on GSN at 10!' hell.

So why are they going back to a line-up that by all accounts left something to be desired both culmative-wise and demographic-wise?

I'm not complaining. I just wondering are they trying to embrace 35-54's now?. Or could they just be killing time before something dramtically new comes the the network, like a completly new network?

xibit777

I like it, but why?
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2005, 06:49:02 PM »
I think they are trying to target as big of an audience as they can during these non-primetime hours.  Who stays home during the mornings and afternoons?   Older people and housewives....  so the way to maximize this is to bring out older shows and the drama shows (like love connection).   If you think about it, the morning and early afternoon had game shows.  So it is game shows replacing game shows (except that piece of crap Star Search)

I think it will bring in higher numbers because people DO realize when something is being reran for the 50th time.  Lots of people won't remember many of the shows coming out, so they will be interested.

I wouldn't look for game shows being put into primetime anytime soon at all.  They still believe demos are king in this part of the schedule.  So your post is correct, but for primetime and evenings when the younger crowds are home.

uncamark

I like it, but why?
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2005, 04:42:56 PM »
It's probably more like this:  The ratings are the same during the day no matter what we put on, and as long as we paid for the G-T library renewal (and perhaps Fremantle talked them into doing it, if they were only going to renew "MD" and "Feud"), by God, we're going to use it.  "Star Search" was the only acquisition in those slots (and a cheap acquisition, most likely) and it may be possible that the originals that aired in those times had been amortized by now in the first place.