Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Yet another 'Schedule change' thread  (Read 6552 times)

Winkfan

Yet another 'Schedule change' thread
« on: March 01, 2005, 06:09:48 PM »
While were all looking forward to the new line-up next month, we should also consider what's coming up (or what MIGHT be coming up), on B&W Overnight. The Name's the Same is nearing the 'home stretch' either later in April or sometime in May. And then one of these things could happen:

1.) TNTS will start up again.
2.) I've Got A Secret will come back.
3.) To Tell the Truth (Collyer version) will come back.
4.) A 'double-run' of What's My Line.
5.) GSN will FINALLY run Two For the Money; which means we'll see episodes that haven't seen the light of day since THEIR ORIGINAL BROADCASTS! (Mind you, I would advise against doing an episode guide for this show. They just might skip over some episodes due to 'political (in)correctness.' Meaning, jokes that were funny then may be offensive now. Before you disagree, remember, GSN went through this same dilemma when the showed the original Hollywood Squares for a couple of years.)

Also, Beat the Clock is now into February, 1955. This means that in a few months we'll be saying 'adeau' to Roxanne, and 'howdy hi' to Beverly Bentley.

Cordially,
Tammy Warner--the 'Susan Richardson of the Big Board!'
"I've never stopped. I've never changed. I never did anything else."
- The Real Don Steele (1936-1997)

FeudDude

« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2005, 07:50:14 PM »
[quote name=\'Winkfan\' date=\'Mar 1 2005, 06:09 PM\']2.) I've Got A Secret will come back.
[snapback]76625[/snapback]
[/quote]

I think these two are the most likely possibilities.  I would prefer if they chose IGAS, since there will already be one version of TTTT on the schedule at that point.

The Pyramids

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2005, 07:54:54 PM »
[quote name=\'FeudDude\' date=\'Mar 1 2005, 07:50 PM\'][quote name=\'Winkfan\' date=\'Mar 1 2005, 06:09 PM\']2.) I've Got A Secret will come back.
[/quote]

I think these two are the most likely possibilities.  I would prefer if they chose IGAS, since there will already be one version of TTTT on the schedule at that point.
[snapback]76645[/snapback]
[/quote]

I have not looked. Is Dennis James on 'Name' now, or will be on?

Tim L

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2005, 09:32:46 PM »
[quote name=\'PaulD\' date=\'Mar 1 2005, 07:54 PM\'][quote name=\'FeudDude\' date=\'Mar 1 2005, 07:50 PM\'][quote name=\'Winkfan\' date=\'Mar 1 2005, 06:09 PM\']2.) I've Got A Secret will come back.
[/quote]

[snapback]76645[/snapback]
[/quote]

I have not looked. Is Dennis James on 'Name' now, or will be on?
[snapback]76647[/snapback]
[/quote]

Dennis Has been hosting for the last week or so..They are just beginning January 1955 episodes as of tonight..In around 2 weeks or so we'll be into the Bob And Ray episodes
« Last Edit: March 01, 2005, 09:33:08 PM by Tim L »

MyCapableAssistant

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2005, 02:21:43 PM »
[quote name=\'Winkfan\' date=\'Mar 1 2005, 04:09 PM\']While were all looking forward to the new line-up next month, we should also consider what's coming up (or what MIGHT be coming up), on B&W Overnight. The Name's the Same is nearing the 'home stretch' either later in April or sometime in May. And then one of these things could happen:

1.) TNTS will start up again.
2.) I've Got A Secret will come back.
4.) A 'double-run' of What's My Line.
[/quote]

Well, my vote would be to NOT rerun TNTS again! But that's only my opinion. The show may be an OK show, but I think the show lost its appeal when they starting choosing folks whos first name began with the letter "A." Good grief, how much fun is THAT??!

I would hope they would select something OTHER than a duble run of WML. With TNTS in the lineup, doesn't it already SEEM like we're doing a double run of "Line?"

I think even *I'm* starting to tire of the show - more than likely because I'm tired of watching AF. - How many different appearances does she sport some sort of tiara atop her head??! And what's the story behind it? I'm sorry, but am I the ONLY ONE who sees that as arrogant??  

Would be nice to see something DIFFERENT though.. BLACK & WHITE.. but different!

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2005, 03:47:56 PM »
"2 for the Money" would be okay.  Has it been established how much of "It's News to Me" exists?  It would be fun to see Walter Cronkite emcee a show.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2005, 04:17:52 PM »
[quote name=\'MyCapableAssistant\' date=\'Mar 2 2005, 12:21 PM\']Well, my vote would be to NOT rerun TNTS again! But that's only my opinion. The show may be an OK show, but I think the show lost its appeal when they starting choosing folks whos first name began with the letter "A." Good grief, how much fun is THAT??!
[/quote]
TNTS never grabbed me anyhow, the whole affair with the celebrities writing checks from their own money struck me as terribly schmaltzy, and Roger Price just plain pissed me off with how hard he tried to get those idiotic Droodles over. Yeah, hahaha, it's a Mexican taking a piss. Next.

But yeah, the first time that curtain jerked open and the contestant was "A. Hardon" (that's pronounced "Hair-den", you pervs), I was like, you gotta be kidding me! That's cheating! Any idiot could be on this show now! And that threw the switch. I was done. I'd sooner watch Dick Enberg preside over "The Perfect Match."

(And those of you who remember Sunday nights in 1998-99 remember just how painful THAT can be. "Well, now you hopefully know a little bit more about each other." Yeah, now I know what levels of humiliation people went through to be on TV then.)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

MrBuddwing

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2005, 08:17:30 PM »
If I may be allowed this heresy, why don't they get away from B&W only and put other old shows on, like the Garry Moore TTTT or Bruner/Blyden WML?

BobbyLankford_83

« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2005, 09:47:59 PM »
[quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\' date=\'Mar 2 2005, 03:47 PM\']"2 for the Money" would be okay.  Has it been established how much of "It's News to Me" exists?  It would be fun to see Walter Cronkite emcee a show.
[snapback]76748[/snapback]
[/quote]

I too would like to see Walter Cronkite on "It's News To Me". I think GSn has run this once and I saw a clip of the show when CBS and Discovery Channel had a special about Cronkite.

Of course we all know he anchored CBS Evening News from 4/1962-3/1981. Walter was definitely better than Dan Rather who packs it in as CBS Evening News anchor a week from tonight.

TV needs more people like Cronkite.

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2005, 09:50:10 PM »
[quote name=\'MrBuddwing\' date=\'Mar 2 2005, 09:17 PM\']If I may be allowed this heresy, why don't they get away from B&W only and put other old shows on, like the Garry Moore TTTT or Bruner/Blyden WML?[/quote]
I don't think that's heresy at all, though we would have to change the name.  Those two  are sort of like the "silver age" classics that bridge the G-T gap from the 1967 prime-time extinction and the 1972/73 daytime resurgence.  And they have a TON of them.  My gut tells me they aren't going to go there (you know, the name change and all...) but it's not ridiculous by any means.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

aaron sica

« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2005, 07:23:22 AM »
[quote name=\'BobbyLankford_83\' date=\'Mar 2 2005, 09:47 PM\']
TV needs more people like Cronkite.
[snapback]76796[/snapback]
[/quote]

TV needs more people like Pat O'Brien, too. He was on Letterman last night, and all I could think of is "Man, would he be a good game show host...."

Ian Wallis

« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2005, 08:57:46 AM »
Would be nice to see something DIFFERENT though.. BLACK & WHITE.. but different!

Something different eh...OK - how about the very first "Dating Game" and "Newlywed Game" episodes - they were in black and white for about the first year before they switched to color!
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2005, 11:39:58 AM »
[quote name=\'aaron sica\' date=\'Mar 3 2005, 05:23 AM\']TV needs more people like Pat O'Brien, too. He was on Letterman last night, and all I could think of is "Man, would he be a good game show host...."
[snapback]76836[/snapback]
[/quote]
I was thinking he should try his hand at local television. Alaska, specifically. :)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

DjohnsonCB

« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2005, 11:51:26 AM »
Without a doubt, my choice for something different on B&WO would be the Cullen TPIRs I've never seen with two exceptions (the last NBC show and one from ABC), along with whatever BW '60s Match Games they have, supplanted by Jan Murray's Charge Account if any exist today (it was originally in color, but unless Murray or someone else was enterprising enough and had/has the storage space for all those automobile tire-sized reels, it more than likely exists as BW film if at all).
"Disconnect her buzzer...disconnect EVERYONE'S buzzer!"

--Alex Trebel

Neumms

« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2005, 06:02:03 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Mar 2 2005, 04:17 PM\']But yeah, the first time that curtain jerked open and the contestant was "A. Hardon" (that's pronounced "Hair-den", you pervs), I was like, you gotta be kidding me! That's cheating!
[snapback]76757[/snapback]
[/quote]

"Hair-den?" What?

Joan Alexander was definitely a peach, though. Carl Reiner, Meredith Wilson and she were a pretty good panel.