Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: April schedule change alert  (Read 23205 times)

xibit777

April schedule change alert
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2005, 09:32:37 AM »
love it, love it.... LOVE IT!!!  The first *good* schedule change I have seen since I got GSN about a year and a half ago.  MG 90 is gone, but honestly it got old pretty fast.  It really was nice to see it for the first time ever though.

I'd take Dawson Feud over Star Search and following crud anyday.   It's not like FF is that overplayed... it's on once a day.

And the fact that they're bringing 100k Pyramid back is cool too.  Could they have possibly leased some other years of it?   I'm reallllly hoping they don't bring back those same 3 years that they've been showing since I got GSN.

The Prof is right though, good times are ahead.  Star Search is dead.

catnap1972

« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2005, 09:49:11 AM »
[quote name=\'Modor\' date=\'Feb 23 2005, 04:43 AM\']I now open the betting pool to when we get one of these complaints:

The Blockbusters episodes should be Rafferty too, damn it

[snapback]75861[/snapback]
[/quote]

You never know...they might put those on weekends in place of the original (for that matter, does the Perf even know for sure that the weekday eps will be Cullen shows?)

The schedule is a definite improvement if it comes true.

zachhoran

« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2005, 09:58:18 AM »
[quote name=\'xibit777\' date=\'Feb 23 2005, 09:32 AM\']

And the fact that they're bringing 100k Pyramid back is cool too.  Could they have possibly leased some other years of it?   I'm reallllly hoping they don't bring back those same 3 years that they've been showing since I got GSN.

[snapback]75885[/snapback]
[/quote]

They showed the last two seasons of $100K from mid-2000 through June 2004. The thing is, there are only three seasons of $100K(unless they picked up the Davidson run, which I doubt very much). The first season, save for a couple of tourneys seen on a 12/31/03 $100K Pyramid marathon, hasn't been seen in a while.

aaron sica

« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2005, 10:18:55 AM »
[quote name=\'Modor\' date=\'Feb 23 2005, 04:43 AM\']I now open the betting pool to when we get one of these complaints:

They started with the premiere of Password Plus..AGAIN! This is the 10th time I've seen thie episode
They showed a 1987 episode of SP! I've never seen the 1985 ones
The credits are crunched on these great classics. I'll suffer now, because I can't see a 25-year old box of Macaroni and Cheese

I'll throw $2.00 in that we get one on the first day of the new schedule.
[/quote]

Mark, I was thinking the same thing. One poster over at GSN boards (won't name names, but you lurk over there too, I think) is already complaining because of something with the 9am MG...Same guy who had a coronary because he missed an ep or two of MG because of a Dog Eat Dog marathon.

Anyway, here's a complaint you may see too:

But it's the same season of $100,000 Pyramid that they've been running over and over again!!!

Add that one to the pool.

zachhoran

« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2005, 10:19:20 AM »
[quote name=\'cmjb13\' date=\'Feb 23 2005, 06:48 AM\']
I'd be very suprised if P+ or SP aren't started from the beginning. I may be wrong, but I think most, if not all, of the times that those 2 shows were pulled then brought back, they started from the beginning.

[snapback]75866[/snapback]
[/quote]

There was a one month run of P+ and SP in September 2002 that consisted of four weeks of 1986 SP episodes(September 1986 IIRC), and one month of Kennedy P+ shows(late 1980, including the Perry/Morris/Norton-Taylor/Walker celeb week) airing weekday mornings from 10-11AM EST. There's still a year worth of Super Password(the final year), and a good chunk of Kennedy P+ never shown on GSN, correct? They were early in Kennedy's run of P+ and in early 1988 on SP when the Dark Period started in 10/97.

Clay Zambo

« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2005, 10:35:43 AM »
Now, if only we could lose some of that "Love Connection" time...
czambo@mac.com

zachhoran

« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2005, 10:44:42 AM »
[quote name=\'Clay Zambo\' date=\'Feb 23 2005, 10:35 AM\']Now, if only we could lose some of that "Love Connection" time...
[snapback]75892[/snapback]
[/quote]

It will get more airplay than Newlywed Game will on the supposed April schedule. WHo'd have thunk it?

Clay Zambo

« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2005, 10:47:44 AM »
Well, were I king we'd lose "Newlywed," too, but I wouldn't expect that to happen.
czambo@mac.com

roadgeek

« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2005, 10:51:59 AM »
[quote name=\'aaron sica\' date=\'Feb 23 2005, 10:18 AM\']Anyway, here's a complaint you may see too:

But it's the same season of $100,000 Pyramid that they've been running over and over again!!!

[snapback]75889[/snapback]
[/quote]

Here's another to add to the pool: "Why didn't they include <insert name of favorite/rare/"vault" show> in the line up?"

It does seem a bit suspicious to have a too-good-to-be-true schedule announced for the beginning of April, though.  Oh well... we'll have confirmation soon enough.

trivia202003

« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2005, 10:57:51 AM »
Great, Looks like I'll be getting more blank tapes, although I've been to the library a lot and negated to watch GSN, but I do like the schedule.

It's time to CELEBRATE!!!

BrandonFG

« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2005, 10:59:44 AM »
This is excellent news. Hopefully it is true, and the shows can actually last more than 2 months. ;-)
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

FeudDude

« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2005, 11:00:39 AM »
[quote name=\'aaron sica\' date=\'Feb 23 2005, 10:18 AM\'][quote name=\'Modor\' date=\'Feb 23 2005, 04:43 AM\']I now open the betting pool to when we get one of these complaints:

They started with the premiere of Password Plus..AGAIN! This is the 10th time I've seen thie episode
They showed a 1987 episode of SP! I've never seen the 1985 ones
The credits are crunched on these great classics. I'll suffer now, because I can't see a 25-year old box of Macaroni and Cheese

I'll throw $2.00 in that we get one on the first day of the new schedule.
[/quote]

Mark, I was thinking the same thing. One poster over at GSN boards (won't name names, but you lurk over there too, I think) is already complaining because of something with the 9am MG...Same guy who had a coronary because he missed an ep or two of MG because of a Dog Eat Dog marathon.

Anyway, here's a complaint you may see too:

[snapback]75889[/snapback]
[/quote]

Here's some more:

But they're already showing Blockbusters on weekends!

Why can't they get rid of Love Connection already?

Another Match Game? Couldn't they have put LMAD back on instead?

Plus there will probably be at least a few people complaining about Friend or Foe? and Whammy! being taken off the schedule.  (Speaking of which, I wonder if Whammy! still going to be on at noon on weekends, or will they replace that with something else?)

Anyway, GSN gets major kudos for this schedule.  *I* have no reason to complain.

melman1

« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2005, 11:41:26 AM »
Has GSN itself announced this schedule yet?  Is it buried on their site somewhere, was there a press release?

Using Stosh as a mouthpiece yet again is thoroughly unprofessional, since his credibility is dubious to so many people.
melman1, "some sort of God on this message board" - PYLdude, 7/9/06.

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #28 on: February 23, 2005, 12:11:04 PM »
If it wasn't true, wouldn't the new sked have started on April 1, rather than April 4?
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

Ian Wallis

« Reply #29 on: February 23, 2005, 12:29:32 PM »
There's still a year worth of Super Password(the final year), and a good chunk of Kennedy P+ never shown on GSN, correct? They were early in Kennedy's run of P+ and in early 1988 on SP when the Dark Period started in 10/97.

You're correct.  Most of the Kennedy run has never been seen on GSN, and certain parts of "Super Password" haven't seen the light of day either.

I have a list of everything GSN has aired here:

http://www.geocities.com/TelevisionCity/St...n/2357/gsn.html

It's about a year old, but as far as "classic" series go, not much has changed in that department during that time.  Soon I'm going to try to update it with the "reality" stuff that GSN has aired recently, but if anyone can see anything I'm missing, I'd be happy to hear from you.
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!