Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Celeb appearances on Multiple versions of Pyramid  (Read 8975 times)

zachhoran

Celeb appearances on Multiple versions of Pyramid
« on: July 29, 2003, 10:08:13 AM »
We know now which celebs did all four runs of Password. I don't think there is anyone that did all eight versions of Pyramid: 70s CBS $10K, 1974-80 ABC $10K/$20K, Cullen Syndie, $50K, CBS $25K(1982-87 and 1988 counts as one run), 80s $100K, Davidson $100K, and Osmond. But did anyone do four or more of the versions? Vicki Lawrence did the last four on the list, as did Betty White. Any others?

Dan Sadro

« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2003, 10:41:51 AM »
I'm pretty sure that Dick Clark personally appeared on seven of them.

Anita Gillette did every version except for the Davidson and Osmond versions.

Soupy Sales was on four or five of them... I'd have to check further.

zachhoran

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2003, 10:50:18 AM »
Dick was only a celeb player on two, but yeah he did appear on seven on them

Cullen did the CBS $10K(I think), ABC $20K and CBS $25K, in addition to hosting the 70s $25K syndie.

Soupy did the ABC, Cullen $25K, $50K, CBS $25K, 80s and 90s $100K for sure.

Nipsey did all of above versions save for the 90s $100K.

John Schuck did CBS $10K, ABC $20K, Syndie $25K, 80s CBS $25K, and 90s $100K

Lois Nettleton did ABC $20K, CUllen $25K, CBS $25K, 80s and 90s $100K

GSFan

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2003, 11:17:55 AM »
If Zach Horan's information is correct, than Soupy Sales has appeared on all but the current version of Pyramid.  Soupy did play the game in its original incarnation on CBS, appearing with Carol Channing on the last 3 episodes; a shortened week, due to the show's frequent pre-emptions for the Watergate hearings.

David
March 26, 2023 - 50 years of Pyramid!

Mike Tennant

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2003, 11:21:05 AM »
According to the Pyramid Celebrity Archive, Jo Anne Worley showed up on every version except Donny's (and there's still time for that!).  However, the site does not include celebrities on Clark's $100K, so I can't be sure if Jo Anne put in an appearance there, though it seems a relatively safe bet.

BrandonFG

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2003, 11:28:18 AM »
[quote name=\'Mike Tennant\' date=\'Jul 29 2003, 10:21 AM\'] According to the Pyramid Celebrity Archive, Jo Anne Worley showed up on every version except Donny's (and there's still time for that!).  However, the site does not include celebrities on Clark's $100K, so I can't be sure if Jo Anne put in an appearance there, though it seems a relatively safe bet. [/quote]
 http://www.xanfan.com/celebrities/100k-clark.htm

First appearance, June 1986. :-)
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

zachhoran

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2003, 11:31:26 AM »
[quote name=\'GSFan\' date=\'Jul 29 2003, 10:17 AM\'] If Zach Horan's information is correct, than Soupy Sales has appeared on all but the current version of Pyramid.  Soupy did play the game in its original incarnation on CBS, appearing with Carol Channing on the last 3 episodes; [/quote]
 Yeah, Soupy did seven of the eight versions then. My sources of info were indeed the Pyramid celeb archives.

Mike Tennant

« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2003, 11:35:48 AM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' date=\'Jul 29 2003, 10:28 AM\'][quote name=\'Mike Tennant\' date=\'Jul 29 2003, 10:21 AM\'] According to the Pyramid Celebrity Archive, Jo Anne Worley showed up on every version except Donny's (and there's still time for that!).  However, the site does not include celebrities on Clark's $100K, so I can't be sure if Jo Anne put in an appearance there, though it seems a relatively safe bet. [/quote]
http://www.xanfan.com/celebrities/100k-clark.htm

First appearance, June 1986. :-)[/quote]
Thank you.  I figured she had to be in there somewhere.  I see now that there was no list of $50K celebs on the site where I started, either, but of course good ol' Jo Anne showed up there as well.

Now we just need to start a campaign to get her on the current version so she can keep up her record.  (Perhaps they are afraid to invite her for fear one of her high notes would damage the delicate electronics; she couldn't hurt trilons and plywood very easily.)

cmjb13

« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2003, 11:46:34 AM »
This thread is scary.

I was about to ask this exact same question.
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

zachhoran

« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2003, 11:53:46 AM »
[quote name=\'Dan Sadro\' date=\'Jul 29 2003, 09:41 AM\'] I'm pretty sure that Dick Clark personally appeared on seven of them.

[/quote]
 You're probably forgetting that Dick Clark did a taped cameo (from the CHallengers set) on the premiere of the Davidson $100K, so technically he's appeared on all eight versions.

Kevin Prather

« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2003, 12:35:29 PM »
I'm pretty sure Adrienne Barbeau did several versions. All except the Osmand version, if memory and research serves me right.

combsisthebest

« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2003, 02:27:12 PM »
Which versions has Betty White done?

Dan Sadro

« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2003, 05:51:31 PM »
[quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Jul 29 2003, 10:53 AM\'] [quote name=\'Dan Sadro\' date=\'Jul 29 2003, 09:41 AM\'] I'm pretty sure that Dick Clark personally appeared on seven of them.

[/quote]
You're probably forgetting that Dick Clark did a taped cameo (from the CHallengers set) on the premiere of the Davidson $100K, so technically he's appeared on all eight versions. [/quote]
You know, you're making it extremely difficult for me to make a smartass comment.

I did not forget the Dick Clark taped cameo.  My quote said that he \"personally appeared,\" not \"appeared on tape or on the stage.\"  It's just that \"personally appeared\" means he \"appeared in person,\" thus discrediting his taped cameo on the Davidson version.

It's a shame that I had to explain this, especially after you agreed with the comment in an earlier post.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2003, 05:52:38 PM by Dan Sadro »

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2003, 06:26:09 PM »
[quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Jul 29 2003, 08:53 AM\'] [quote name=\'Dan Sadro\' date=\'Jul 29 2003, 09:41 AM\'] I'm pretty sure that Dick Clark personally appeared on seven of them.

[/quote]
You're probably forgetting that Dick Clark did a taped cameo (from the CHallengers set) on the premiere of the Davidson $100K, so technically he's appeared on all eight versions. [/quote]
 Ya know, I was curious to see, when Dan made that initial post, if someone was actually going to be enough of a nitpicking know-it-all putz enough to make a stink about the pre-taped piece on the Davidson show, even though Dan slipped the word \"personal\" in there to specifically discount it.

I was not disappointed. (Nor was I especially surprised.)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

zachhoran

« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2003, 06:49:23 PM »
[quote name=\'combsisthebest\' date=\'Jul 29 2003, 01:27 PM\'] Which versions has Betty White done? [/quote]
 Betty did the 80s CBS, 80s $100K, 90s $100K, and Osmond. I don't think she did any New York episodes. She has/had a fear of flying I believe, and was based on the West Coast by the time Pyramid debuted.