Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Finally...  (Read 13869 times)

Thad Dixon

Finally...
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2003, 11:09:26 AM »
[quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Jul 29 2003, 09:48 AM\']The regs were aware renewal for 1982-83 was not likely. THere were no official goodbyes on Syndicated Game SHows until the late 80s(I'm thinking Davidson HS was the first syndie game show to do a blatant goodbye in the final first-run episode). [/quote]

I thought I read somewhere that honor might have gone to syndie Newlywed Game in 1980 (with its last ep. having Bob taking the NG sign down and taking it with him).

zachhoran

Finally...
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2003, 11:17:22 AM »
I forgot about the NG 1980 finale(of course, Barris just stopped production on his shows at the time suddenly, which included Syndie Dating Game, Syndie Gong Show, and the legendary Camouflage)

Kevin Prather

Finally...
« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2003, 12:54:42 PM »
I know on the last episode, Gene said \"Thank you. We'll see you next time on the Match Game! Goodbye!\"

maybe Gene was unaware?

BrandonFG

Finally...
« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2003, 01:01:42 PM »
[quote name=\'whoserman\' date=\'Jul 29 2003, 11:54 AM\'] I know on the last episode, Gene said "Thank you. We'll see you next time on the Match Game! Goodbye!"

maybe Gene was unaware? [/quote]
 I remember reading on ATGS that the \"final\" ep. taped in January 1982, not airing till May. I'm sure the ax didn't fall till well after that. Then again, were stations still \"bicycling\" game shows by 1982?
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

Ian Wallis

Finally...
« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2003, 04:03:01 PM »
Although bicycling shows was still happening somewhat by 1982, I believe it was around this time when most shows started being fed via satellite.   \"Tic Tac Dough\" and \"Joker's Wild\" were shown in production order for years prior, and shows like \"Love Connection\" (which started in the fall of 1983) were too, right from the beginning.  

When \"Joker's Wild\" and \"Tic Tac Dough\" first came back, I believe they were bicycled in a way that the new season would start at different dates in different cities.  For example, the station I got it on actually started it in late August 1977, whereas some other cities might not have gotten those episodes until late September, but they were all run in order.  By 1982, there were three stations I got those shows on, and they all showed the same episodes the same day.
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

zachhoran

Finally...
« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2003, 06:44:25 PM »
[quote name=\'Thad Dixon\' date=\'Jul 29 2003, 10:09 AM\'] [quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Jul 29 2003, 09:48 AM\']The regs were aware renewal for 1982-83 was not likely. THere were no official goodbyes on Syndicated Game SHows until the late 80s(I'm thinking Davidson HS was the first syndie game show to do a blatant goodbye in the final first-run episode). [/quote]

I thought I read somewhere that honor might have gone to syndie Newlywed Game in 1980 (with its last ep. having Bob taking the NG sign down and taking it with him). [/quote]
 There was another syndie game show doing an on-air blatant goodbye before Davidson Squares, and that was the All New LMAD in 1986, now that I think of it.