Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: The GSC is coming your way.......  (Read 9362 times)

ChuckNet

The GSC is coming your way.......
« Reply #30 on: February 16, 2005, 09:34:18 PM »
Is this gonna be a first-time meeting of myself and my oldest online friends? I've known Don almost as long as Jake, yet we've never met offline...LOL...and as they say, the more the merrier! :-)

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious "Chuckie Baby")

J.R.

« Reply #31 on: February 17, 2005, 01:11:24 AM »
The way it's looking, Aaron might need to rent an actual convention hall to accommodate all the attendants!

-Joe R.
-Joe Raygor

gsgalaxy82

« Reply #32 on: February 17, 2005, 01:26:11 AM »
I may go, I'm not sure though. Depends on motel rates and stuff. I can drive from here to PA with no troubles.

David

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #33 on: February 17, 2005, 02:43:53 AM »
What exactly is avaiable for lodging in the immediate area? I prefer to stay at  Marriott or Holiday Inn brand properties...could you provide a brief list?

Thanks...
--Mark
Phil 4:13

aaron sica

« Reply #34 on: February 17, 2005, 10:31:41 AM »
[quote name=\'Modor\' date=\'Feb 17 2005, 02:43 AM\']What exactly is avaiable for lodging in the immediate area? I prefer to stay at  Marriott or Holiday Inn brand properties...could you provide a brief list?

Thanks...
[snapback]75288[/snapback]
[/quote]

I'm working on it, Mark, and tomorrow I'll have a webpage for you to go to, which will have a list of hotels and #'s.

I did check just now (and this will go on the page), there is a Holiday Inn just about 1 mile away from my place.

aaron sica

« Reply #35 on: February 19, 2005, 01:30:09 PM »
For Mark (and anyone else interested, of course!) A skeleton FAQ, with Hotels and #'s.

http://user.pa.net/~sicaa/gsc2005.htm

Gus

« Reply #36 on: February 21, 2005, 12:37:38 AM »
I've heard a lot about various GSCs throughout the years, but I never really knew exactly what they were. Is it just an excuse for a bunch of people to show up at some guy's house to meet up and play and talk about game shows? Is it exclusively for the older, more knowledgeable, more high-ranking and well-known group members, or have younger, less-known lurkers like myself just shown up? Just wondering...

aaron sica

« Reply #37 on: February 21, 2005, 12:42:45 AM »
[quote name=\'Gus\' date=\'Feb 21 2005, 12:37 AM\']I've heard a lot about various GSCs throughout the years, but I never really knew exactly what they were. Is it just an excuse for a bunch of people to show up at some guy's house to meet up and play and talk about game shows? Is it exclusively for the older, more knowledgeable, more high-ranking and well-known group members, or have younger, less-known lurkers like myself just shown up? Just wondering...
[snapback]75575[/snapback]
[/quote]

It's c) all of the above.

It's an excuse for people to meet and play and talk about game shows, there's older members that show up, and young ones who lurk and just show up....

There's folks I didn't know very well at all who have been to the last two (mine, and then Bob Staub's and Andrew's), who came.

aaron sica

« Reply #38 on: March 10, 2005, 02:46:44 PM »
Some changes with the games..

The theme will still be 1975, but instead of playing "Big Showdown", I may substitute a version of "Pyramid" in there (and isolate the 1975 theme to the first two games).

Reason being is that I have downloaded ParticleMan's Pyramid presentation software and to say I'm impressed with it would be an understatement. I think it's got real possibilities for something to be played at our GSC. I don't mind keying in the categories but if someone has mad skillz with programming, maybe they'll figure out a way to make an interface.

ClockGameJohn

« Reply #39 on: June 21, 2005, 09:11:35 AM »
Had to work this past weekend, couldn't take off since I just took the LA trip - any updates?  How was it?

aaron sica

« Reply #40 on: June 21, 2005, 10:11:15 AM »
[quote name=\'ClockGameJohn\' date=\'Jun 21 2005, 09:11 AM\']Had to work this past weekend, couldn't take off since I just took the LA trip - any updates?  How was it?
[snapback]89624[/snapback]
[/quote]

It was quite fun - we mainly watched videos (there's a great showcase blooper from Price from '82 that I hope will get converted to computer!), and of our home games, we played Password '75 and Joker's Wild. Didn't get to play Gambit, unfortunately (we watched a video of the show and I changed my mind), so we watched more videos instead. Lots of eating out too, and silliness abounded, with jokes and exchanges that would be *WAY* un-PC to post in the forum, although this one's pretty mild...There was a guy on Joker's Wild who could do famous voices of celebrity people...

Me: I wonder if he can do Jack Barry?
Dave Roman: No, he said he does *famous* people.

.....We had one attendee who does a dead-on impression of Cross-Eyed Beverlie Peters from PYL that we found funny.....Games that blind people couldn't play well on....Celebrity Dig 'Em.......And after talking about "How do you like your eggs", making up game shows like "How do you like your _____?" (fill in the blank here...these are what I had mentioned as the un-PC...insert game show host's way of meeting his maker, then hosted by that guy).

Matter of fact, the group of us (Chuck Donegan, Dave Roman, Bob Staub, Andrew Kudey, William Smith, Rick Byrne) had so much fun that I've already decided the next one will be the middle weekend in October.

vtown7

« Reply #41 on: June 22, 2005, 09:11:25 AM »
Hey guys... glad you had fun - I'm curious though, what weekend will you be having it on?  If it's on Canadian thanksgiving, I'd love to get down for it.

Cheers,

Ryan.

aaron sica

« Reply #42 on: June 22, 2005, 09:43:58 AM »
[quote name=\'vtown7\' date=\'Jun 22 2005, 09:11 AM\']Hey guys... glad you had fun - I'm curious though, what weekend will you be having it on?  If it's on Canadian thanksgiving, I'd love to get down for it.

Cheers,

Ryan.
[snapback]89733[/snapback]
[/quote]

October 14-15-16...