Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: The GSC is coming your way.......  (Read 9366 times)

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
The GSC is coming your way.......
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2005, 01:53:45 PM »
[quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Feb 15 2005, 10:08 AM\']I know it will upset you to hear this but you'll be missing my presence at the GSC
[/quote]
Suddenly, a weekend has opened up on my calendar.
--Mark
Phil 4:13

aaron sica

« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2005, 01:55:45 PM »
[quote name=\'Modor\' date=\'Feb 15 2005, 01:53 PM\'][quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Feb 15 2005, 10:08 AM\']I know it will upset you to hear this but you'll be missing my presence at the GSC
[/quote]
Suddenly, a weekend has opened up on my calendar.
[snapback]75156[/snapback]
[/quote]

Mark, it would be a pleasure to have you!

Incidentally, I should add that for those of you who came to my '97 or '03 GSC's (or both), if you took some kind of public transportation to get to it, the drive to the train station/airport/bus station is not as far.

I am not even 15 minutes away now from same train station/bus station, and also not even 1/2 hour from same airport.

Living in civilization does have its benefits, including NTN, which I want to do and we can walk to.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2005, 01:57:53 PM by aaron sica »

J.R.

« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2005, 03:14:08 PM »
[quote name=\'aaron sica\' date=\'Feb 15 2005, 01:55 PM\']Mark, it would be a pleasure to have you!

Incidentally, I should add that for those of you who came to my '97 or '03 GSC's (or both), if you took some kind of public transportation to get to it, the drive to the train station/airport/bus station is not as far.

I am not even 15 minutes away now from same train station/bus station, and also not even 1/2 hour from same airport.

Living in civilization does have its benefits, including NTN, which I want to do and we can walk to.
[snapback]75157[/snapback]
[/quote]

With that date change, my odds of attending have increased 60-40 in favor of me attending! The reason is I might still have some schooling left in the original date. School is out by the new date, but it usually takes weeks for my brain to recover!

I hope you can make it too, Mark! We could use more Iowans at these all-Pennsylvanian GSC's! : )  

-Joe R.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2005, 03:14:26 PM by JRaygor »
-Joe Raygor

DJDustman

« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2005, 04:51:38 PM »
[quote name=\'JRaygor\' date=\'Feb 15 2005, 03:14 PM\'][quote name=\'aaron sica\' date=\'Feb 15 2005, 01:55 PM\']Mark, it would be a pleasure to have you!

[snapback]75157[/snapback]
[/quote]

With that date change, my odds of attending have increased 60-40 in favor of me attending! The reason is I might still have some schooling left in the original date. School is out by the new date, but it usually takes weeks for my brain to recover!

I hope you can make it too, Mark! We could use more Iowans at these all-Pennsylvanian GSC's! : )  

-Joe R.
[snapback]75158[/snapback]
[/quote]

If all goes well by the time June arrives, I'd probably make it too :)  Would be my first time at the GSC and at the state of PA.

Rastaub

« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2005, 05:11:19 PM »
With the changed date, I will likely be in attendance. Im first in line for Super Password Genius edition.

aaron sica

« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2005, 05:31:47 PM »
[quote name=\'Rastaub\' date=\'Feb 15 2005, 05:11 PM\']With the changed date, I will likely be in attendance. Im first in line for Super Password Genius edition.
[snapback]75170[/snapback]
[/quote]

I wish I could remember half the words we put in...And SP Genius MUST be played again..

ChuckNet

« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2005, 09:43:48 PM »
I'm there, making it 4 in a row for me...will bring my FtM tape, as per Aaron's request, some other rarities, and a copy of the little-known Peanuts special "Now Look Here, Charlie Brown!" :-D

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious "Chuckie Baby")

mystery7

« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2005, 11:37:08 PM »
Early rumours from the Forum's Lehigh Valley PA office indicate the CD-i version of Joker's Wild, and possibly Name That Tune, will make a special appearance this year.

J.R.

« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2005, 03:16:58 AM »
I know I asked this to Chuck earlier, but I'll throw this one out to everybody:

If were to attend this years GSC, should I bring my Benirschke Bars? :)

-Joe R.
-Joe Raygor

JakeT

« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2005, 04:21:48 AM »
[quote name=\'aaron sica\' date=\'Feb 13 2005, 11:27 AM\']This year, I'm declaring the GSC to be at my place; date will be Thursday, June 9 through Sunday, June 12.

The theme will be a 30th anniversary tribute to what I consider the best year for game shows: 1975. Games to be determined later...
[snapback]74953[/snapback]
[/quote]

Although I haven't even really considered attending a GSC in years for various reason, I've decided to do whatever I can to make it possible to be there for this one.  When I consider the combination of it being hosted by Aaron Sica and that it will be a GSC4 flashback (the GSC in which I first met my new a.t.g-s game show family and the game shows of 1975 essentially kicked my ass), it just feels like I need to be there.  

If the powers that be allow me to be there AND I somehow free all my belongings from their captors by then (hell, it's been 14 months already...when will NIGHTLINE start my nightly hostage ordeal coverage?), I'll likely bring my ENTIRE game show theme music collection and some of my favorite memorabilia rarities.  Hmmmmm...in fact, maybe I can dig out a few things that I can part with to provide as GSC prizes!

Actually, though there are other obstacles that I'll have to overcome to get there, the largest source of hesitation I have is knowing that Randy Amasia won't be there.  He and I first met there and our already-close friendship grew into an extremely strong bond that I still treasure to this day.  No matter how much fun this GSC might be, it still won't be there same.  

Hey Aaron, maybe I'll arrive a day early or stay a day late...if so, I'll rent a little silver convertible, load up the CD player with your choice of themes and we'll make a run out for some fast food in tribute to Randy and our GSC4 experience!  What'cha think? :)

Oh, and yes, I now see that the dates have been changed to Thursday, June 16 through Sunday, June 19.  Excellent...gives me an extra week to work out my bank robbery plans needed to fund the trip...hehehehe

Jake

aaron sica

« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2005, 09:25:57 AM »
[quote name=\'JakeT\' date=\'Feb 16 2005, 04:21 AM\']Hey Aaron, maybe I'll arrive a day early or stay a day late...if so, I'll rent a little silver convertible, load up the CD player with your choice of themes and we'll make a run out for some fast food in tribute to Randy and our GSC4 experience!  What'cha think? :)

Oh, and yes, I now see that the dates have been changed to Thursday, June 16 through Sunday, June 19.  Excellent...gives me an extra week to work out my bank robbery plans needed to fund the trip...hehehehe

Jake
[snapback]75212[/snapback]
[/quote]

Jake, to say you are more than welcome would be an understatement.

That is one of my best memories of GSC4 - not the gameplay, but driving around in the silver convertible with game show tunes just BLASTING from it.....You, me, and Daniel.

I will have to contact Daniel now and see if he wants to come. We could have dueling JoAnne Worleys!!!!

I have officially now gone from anticipation to major excitement for this, Jake or no Jake. :)

catkins522

« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2005, 10:49:03 AM »
[quote name=\'aaron sica\' date=\'Feb 16 2005, 09:25 AM\']I will have to contact Daniel now and see if he wants to come. We could have dueling JoAnne Worleys!!!!
[snapback]75219[/snapback]
[/quote]

Well, if he pulls out JoAnne Worley, then I will pull out Rod Roddy with his famous jacket.

Charles
-----------

Bigger and better....in HD!!!!

ChuckNet

« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2005, 11:45:54 AM »
Jake, I hope to see you there as well...we've never met offline, despite a friendship going back almost 10 yrs, and a GSC appearance by you would def be a welcome event. :-) I'm sure all of us are hoping it works out for you...those who've never met you deserve a chance to hear from "St. JoAnne"! LOL

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious "Chuckie Baby")

KWJCDon

« Reply #28 on: February 16, 2005, 08:15:30 PM »
Hi All,

I doing my best to make it to this GSC too. I am originally from Pittsburgh and kind of plan to go there in June to see the family. Of course a side trip would be great! The only thing I can't remember is where in the heck is New Cumberland?

Thanks,
Don

aaron sica

« Reply #29 on: February 16, 2005, 08:31:22 PM »
[quote name=\'KWJCDon\' date=\'Feb 16 2005, 08:15 PM\']Hi All,

I doing my best to make it to this GSC too. I am originally from Pittsburgh and kind of plan to go there in June to see the family. Of course a side trip would be great! The only thing I can't remember is where in the heck is New Cumberland?

Thanks,
Don
[snapback]75257[/snapback]
[/quote]

New Cumberland is a suburb of Harrisburg. :)