Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: More TPIR questions  (Read 3018 times)

whewfan

More TPIR questions
« on: February 08, 2005, 05:53:54 AM »
I've been to 3 TPIR tapings (2 with Rod, and 1 with Randy)

In those tapings, I've noticed things that Bob does off camera that are routine, and I was curious if he did these things as far back as the first show...

At some point, while talking to the audience, Bob's voice echoes when he makes a point. I forget exactly what he says, but I think that was constant with the tapings I've been to.

Getting the audience to "ooooh" and "aaah" at the prizes just before the showcases. He'd point to random groups and people and get them to "ooooh" and "aaaah" (usually with poor results, and a look of despair on Bob's face) I always wondered why he bothered to do this, when the audience sounds are sweetened anyway.

Also, I wonder what questions Bob is asked at nearly every show... I can think of some...

How long will he be doing TPIR? - "As long as I can walk thru those doors"

Someone always asks about Happy Gilmore- Bob mentions there won't be a sequel because "Adam can't take another beating"

Someone will ask Bob about his wife, and Bob may tell a story about how his wife told him "You should do audience participation, you do that better than you do anything else" Bob adds "She didn't say I was GOOD, she only said I did that better than anything else"

Someone usually asks about Truth or Consequences

I'll bet Bob was always asked about Dian at least during the first 2 or 3 years after the suit was filed.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
More TPIR questions
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2005, 11:51:47 AM »
[quote name=\'whewfan\' date=\'Feb 8 2005, 03:53 AM\']I'll bet Bob was always asked about Dian at least during the first 2 or 3 years after the suit was filed.
[snapback]74532[/snapback]
[/quote]
I'll bet he wasn't, since I'd like to think people have more couth than that and anyone with half an ounce of sense would know that under advice from his attorneys he wouldn't be able to say anything anyhow.

I mean, really, in the course of people going to J! tapings, we've only had reports of one jackbag tasteless enough to try to squeak in a Stuttering John-esque question about being likkered up for the High Rollers sendoff, and that was quickly defused with all of the disdain it deserved by Trebek.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
More TPIR questions
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2005, 12:00:39 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Feb 8 2005, 11:51 AM\']I'll bet he wasn't, since I'd like to think people have more couth than that [/quote]

Chris, this is the same show with college kids who wear "BOB BARKER 4 PREZ!!!!!!" shirts...
--Mark
Phil 4:13

SplitSecond

More TPIR questions
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2005, 12:30:35 PM »
The usual follow-up to the Happy Gilmore response is "People ask me why I don't do more movies, and I tell them, 'I refuse to do nude scenes.'"

Enjoy your lunch.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2005, 12:30:56 PM by SplitSecond »

BrandonFG

More TPIR questions
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2005, 02:15:30 PM »
[quote name=\'Modor\' date=\'Feb 8 2005, 12:00 PM\'][quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Feb 8 2005, 11:51 AM\']I'll bet he wasn't, since I'd like to think people have more couth than that [/quote]

Chris, this is the same show with college kids who wear "BOB BARKER 4 PREZ!!!!!!" shirts...
[snapback]74550[/snapback]
[/quote]

And get off from bidding $420 for items. And they go rowdy when the points are DOUB....wait, wrong show.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

davewalls

More TPIR questions
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2005, 05:38:49 PM »
[quote name=\'Modor\' date=\'Feb 8 2005, 12:00 PM\']

[/quote]

Or girls with "Girls Gone Wild! (for bob)" Shirts...plenty of couth running around in the audience. ;)

(Watch today's show to see what I mean.)
Dave Walls

http://www.davewalls.net

(insert witty comment about self here)

MSTieScott

• Executive Producer
More TPIR questions
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2005, 06:09:33 PM »
[quote name=\'whewfan\' date=\'Feb 8 2005, 05:53 AM\']At some point, while talking to the audience, Bob's voice echoes when he makes a point. I forget exactly what he says, but I think that was constant with the tapings I've been to.
[/quote]

That's a constant at every taping nowadays -- right before they start taping the showcase act, Bob walks to the turntable saying, "The oohers will ooh, the rest of you will ahh, and we'll go off the air in a blaze of glory." (italics indicating echo)

Another question Bob gets fairly often is, "What's your favorite game on the show?" A lot of audience members try to answer for Bob, yelling "Hole in One," which prompts Bob's joke that he only likes Hole in One when he makes his putt. He then responds by saying that he likes the games in which he gets to interact with the contestants, such as Temptation and It's in the Bag.

The question he gets most often is, "Can I kiss you?" To which Bob nearly always replies, "I can't kiss you now -- I'm working." (wait for audience laughter to subside) "I'll meet you in the parking lot." Which is a good way to get around the problem -- if half the audience kissed Bob at every taping, every taping would take three hours.

--
Scott Robinson

Kevin Prather

More TPIR questions
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2005, 06:57:54 PM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' date=\'Feb 8 2005, 11:15 AM\'][quote name=\'Modor\' date=\'Feb 8 2005, 12:00 PM\'][quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Feb 8 2005, 11:51 AM\']I'll bet he wasn't, since I'd like to think people have more couth than that [/quote]

[/quote]

And get off from bidding $420 for items.
[snapback]74560[/snapback]
[/quote]

Don't forget $69!

cmjb13

More TPIR questions
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2005, 07:16:58 PM »
[quote name=\'MSTieScott\' date=\'Feb 8 2005, 06:09 PM\']and we'll go off the air in a blaze of glory."
[snapback]74581[/snapback]
[/quote]
Followed by "Say Hallelujah" during the Roddy era.
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

starcade

More TPIR questions
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2005, 09:20:33 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Feb 8 2005, 11:51 AM\'][quote name=\'whewfan\' date=\'Feb 8 2005, 03:53 AM\']I'll bet Bob was always asked about Dian at least during the first 2 or 3 years after the suit was filed.
[/quote]
I'll bet he wasn't, since I'd like to think people have more couth than that and anyone with half an ounce of sense would know that under advice from his attorneys he wouldn't be able to say anything anyhow.

I mean, really, in the course of people going to J! tapings, we've only had reports of one jackbag tasteless enough to try to squeak in a Stuttering John-esque question about being likkered up for the High Rollers sendoff, and that was quickly defused with all of the disdain it deserved by Trebek.
[snapback]74547[/snapback]
[/quote]

Actually, especially with the college guys, I can see that they aren't couth enough not to "go there"...