Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: On the Cover contestants unpaid?  (Read 2271 times)

zachhoran

On the Cover contestants unpaid?
« on: February 05, 2005, 08:07:23 PM »
There could be shades of Pitfall, 80s Lingo, Yahtzee, and Reel to Reel here. Dave, who was on On the Cover which aired several months back and posted about it on this board, has IMed me and said he never received the Rad2go scooter he won as a consolation prize for losing the bonus. Dave, Tim Hsieh, Bricon, anyone, do you know what's afoot here?

thgames65

« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2005, 12:51:53 AM »
I declined my trip to the Roseland Ranch, so I will be receiving nothing from On The Cover by choice.  Don't know about anyone who is actually expecting anything.

Tim H.

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2005, 11:34:14 AM »
I also think we have to wait for a little more than one guy telling Zach Horan that he didn't get his consolation prize before we start jumping to conclusions.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

tyshaun1

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2005, 01:16:32 PM »
Doesn't it take (on average) about 90-120 days after airing before contestants receive their prizes on a game show? How long has it been for him since his particular episode aired? I have heard of instances of contestants not receiving their stated prize due to the particular company going out of business, then being offered a similar prize some 6 months later.

Tyshaun
« Last Edit: February 06, 2005, 01:17:12 PM by tyshaun1 »

zachhoran

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2005, 08:46:47 PM »
[quote name=\'tyshaun1\' date=\'Feb 6 2005, 01:16 PM\']Doesn't it take (on average) about 90-120 days after airing before contestants receive their prizes on a game show? How long has it been for him since his particular episode aired? I have heard of instances of contestants not receiving their stated prize due to the particular company going out of business, then being offered a similar prize some 6 months later.

[snapback]74439[/snapback]
[/quote]

It was circa September that Dave posted here(OtC was still airing at 8PM). It hasn't been too much out of the 90-120 day range Tyshaun mentions. The contestant lurks here and could post if he knows anything else.