Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: What's My Line? Live Show Returns  (Read 21397 times)

Matt Ottinger

What's My Line? Live Show Returns
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2005, 06:35:39 PM »
[quote name=\'davemackey\' date=\'Feb 4 2005, 05:10 PM\']SOMEBODY PROP UP MRS. HART![/quote]
For the record, the astonishing Mrs Hart continues to get along quite well without being propped up.  She was just recently the guest of honor at a big Met shindig (we had a thread about it at ne point) where among the guests was one Orson Bean, specifically there, as it turned out, to talk about To Tell The Truth.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

Don Howard

« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2005, 06:47:26 PM »
[quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Feb 4 2005, 07:52 AM\'][quote name=\'Robair\' date=\'Feb 4 2005, 01:34 AM\']
very soon we'll see them playing charades
[snapback]74249[/snapback]
[/quote]
Wasn't Celebrity Charades supposed to premiere in January on AMC?
[snapback]74260[/snapback]
[/quote]
Stosh's scoop on the show's premiere simply said it would appear sometime in 2005. No specific month was mentioned. A search on the AMC: The Network For Flicks web site shows no further information on the vehicle.

zachhoran

« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2005, 07:31:15 PM »
[quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' date=\'Feb 4 2005, 03:38 PM\']

I'm not sure who declared open season on Zach, but I'm personally getting a lot more tired of that than I am of Zach's off-the-wall but on-topic comments.
[snapback]74285[/snapback]
[/quote]

Trivia whatever their number is declared open season :)

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2005, 07:37:49 PM »
I'm not sure who declared open season on Zach, but I'm personally getting a lot more tired of that than I am of Zach's off-the-wall but on-topic comments.
Ditto.

J. Keith

« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2005, 12:57:45 PM »
Hi All,

J. Keith here, the panel moderator & co-producer of "What's My Line? - Live On Stage".

Just want to say thanks to those who have come to the show and encourage other fans of the original to do the same.  We don't pretend that we're doing the original, but we do try to do a nice homage.

Anyhow, hope to see y'all at the show!

Bigger than a breadbox,
J. Keith van Straaten
www.jkeith.net

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2005, 02:11:07 PM »
Host in the house!

Thanks for coming aboard, J Keith.  As you've seen, several of our members have already visited.  At least one was at your show last night, with Mystery Guest Drew Carey.  Those of us who live far away and aren't visiting until summer really hope this is something that you'll continue doing.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

J. Keith

« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2005, 02:16:50 PM »
[quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' date=\'Mar 3 2005, 11:11 AM\']Host in the house!

Thanks for coming aboard, J Keith.  As you've seen, several of our members have already visited.  At least one was at your show last night, with Mystery Guest Drew Carey.  Those of us who live far away and aren't visiting until summer really hope this is something that you'll continue doing.
[snapback]76867[/snapback]
[/quote]

Well, you can be the first to know... We will be continuing with shows in May & June.  Wednesdays at 8pm.  We're furthering our efforts to feature folks who appeared on the original show... I think you'll be pleased.

Meanwhile, if any of y'all have any leads for good guests --especially Mystery Guests and people associated with the original show, please let me know.

Thanks!

JKvS
« Last Edit: March 03, 2005, 02:43:13 PM by J. Keith »

mmb5

« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2005, 03:19:18 PM »
I had a chance to see the show last night during my quick one day jaunt into LA yesterday.  Excellent, excellent show.  You really should have the sign-in board technology patented before it is stolen.

--Mike
Portions of this post not affecting the outcome have been edited or recreated.

Neumms

« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2005, 03:52:57 PM »
Did anybody here see the Rip Taylor show? Call me crazy, but I'd have killed to see that one. Did he do the joke about his seersucker suit? How is he doing?

J. Keith

« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2005, 04:03:39 PM »
[quote name=\'Neumms\' date=\'Mar 3 2005, 12:52 PM\']Did anybody here see the Rip Taylor show? Call me crazy, but I'd have killed to see that one. Did he do the joke about his seersucker suit? How is he doing?
[snapback]76876[/snapback]
[/quote]

It was definitely a fun one.  Probably the biggest crowd reaction to a Mystery Guest we've had so far.  He didn't do any seersucker joke.  He seems to be doing quite well... very lively and working almost constantly (his episode of The George Lopez Show aired the night before, and he is in the middle of shooting The Dukes of Hazzard movie).  --JKvS

J. Keith

« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2005, 04:10:20 PM »
[quote name=\'mmb5\' date=\'Mar 3 2005, 12:19 PM\']I had a chance to see the show last night during my quick one day jaunt into LA yesterday.  Excellent, excellent show.  You really should have the sign-in board technology patented before it is stolen.

--Mike
[snapback]76875[/snapback]
[/quote]

Thanks for the kind words.  The sign-in board gizmo ("technology" is far too kind) was conceived by our director & co-producer Jim Newman and built by the crew at ACME.  The paint was still wet the first time we used it!  It's so simple, but impresses the audience (and me) every time we "clear the board."

--jkvs

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2005, 04:11:11 PM »
[quote name=\'J. Keith\' date=\'Mar 3 2005, 02:03 PM\']It was definitely a fun one.  Probably the biggest crowd reaction to a Mystery Guest we've had so far.
[/quote]
TELL ME he came out with the bag of confetti. It just wouldn't be Rip Taylor if he didn't.

What's this about sign-in board technology?
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Clay Zambo

« Reply #27 on: March 03, 2005, 08:14:56 PM »
Yes, welcome!

And please do continue for as long as possible.  Summer, fall, next Easter... I can't wait to see it.
czambo@mac.com

cmjb13

« Reply #28 on: March 04, 2005, 06:16:52 AM »
[quote name=\'J. Keith\' date=\'Mar 3 2005, 02:16 PM\']Well, you can be the first to know... We will be continuing with shows in May & June.  Wednesdays at 8pm.
[/quote]
I guess you are skipping April?
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

J. Keith

« Reply #29 on: March 04, 2005, 02:12:45 PM »
YES, Rip Taylor came out with confetti, but not in a bag.  He had some sort of batons that released confetti when he shook them.  We were glad to spend an hour vacuuming after he left.

I'll let someone else describe the sign-in board doohickey.

YES we're taking April off.  We're definitely on for May & June, and maybe longer... we shall see.

thanks,
jkvs