Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: TPIR- What if this happened?  (Read 6312 times)

whewfan

TPIR- What if this happened?
« on: January 27, 2005, 06:11:30 AM »
I was thinking of certain things that, to my knowledge, have NEVER happened on TPIR, and how people would react if they did...

Range Game- The price is either at the VERY bottom (could even be one dollar above the lowest price) or at the VERY top.

That's Too Much- The very first price is the price that's too much. (I think they did have one game where the LAST price was too much)

Any Number- The first digit in the piggy bank is 0.

Big Wheel- Contestant wins showdown with the spin of one nickel. (I don't mean the one spin you get when you're the last contestant and the first two went over)
I would think this would be nearly IMPOSSIBLE unless the player(s) after you spun a nickel first, then landed on the dollar to go over. I would think that ANY player that would have the nerve to stop spinning with one nickel would put Bob and the audience in the state of total shock!

Hole in One- In an eerie reminder of that lady that didn't know how to play Superball, and caused Bob to injure his knee, there's a player that's NEVER played miniature golf, and hits the ball like he/she's on a driving range. Poor Bob would be reluctant to give him a second putt!

Pushover- No blocks to be pushed over. The first 4(or 5) digits are the price of the prize.

WhammyPower

« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2005, 07:41:32 AM »
[quote name=\'whewfan\' date=\'Jan 27 2005, 05:11 AM\']Big Wheel- Contestant wins showdown with the spin of one nickel. (I don't mean the one spin you get when you're the last contestant and the first two went over)
I would think this would be nearly IMPOSSIBLE unless the player(s) after you spun a nickel first, then landed on the dollar to go over. I would think that ANY player that would have the nerve to stop spinning with one nickel would put Bob and the audience in the state of total shock!
[snapback]73350[/snapback]
[/quote]
Actually, there's a more likely scenario.  Both of the first two contestants go over, and then the third contestant lands on a nickel.

zachhoran

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2005, 08:07:29 AM »
[quote name=\'WhammyPower\' date=\'Jan 27 2005, 07:41 AM\'][quote name=\'whewfan\' date=\'Jan 27 2005, 05:11 AM\']Big Wheel- Contestant wins showdown with the spin of one nickel. (I don't mean the one spin you get when you're the last contestant and the first two went over)
[/quote]
Actually, there's a more likely scenario.  Both of the first two contestants go over, and then the third contestant lands on a nickel.
[snapback]73354[/snapback]
[/quote]

Matt is talking about a contestant voluntarily staying on five cents, not a player winning with five cents because they were only allowed one spin after the first two went over. If it was the first player, the second player would probably still spin on a number fifty or less. The third player would probably stay on even 10 cents in that case.

zachhoran

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2005, 08:09:12 AM »
[quote name=\'whewfan\' date=\'Jan 27 2005, 06:11 AM\']I was thinking of certain things that, to my knowledge, have NEVER happened on TPIR, and how people would react if they did...

Pushover- No blocks to be pushed over. The first 4(or 5) digits are the price of the prize.
[/quote]

The Pushover scenario is probably the only one that ever occurred.

Steve Gavazzi

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2005, 10:13:19 AM »
No, it never has...and amazingly, no one has ever guessed the first possible price, either.

Also, going by Zelmar's stats, the farthest up the line the first overbid has been in That's Too Much! is 9th (and even that has only happened three times).

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2005, 11:41:41 AM »
[quote name=\'whewfan\' date=\'Jan 27 2005, 04:11 AM\']Big Wheel- Contestant wins showdown with the spin of one nickel. (I don't mean the one spin you get when you're the last contestant and the first two went over)
[/quote]
I would think he'd be a moron who deserved to lose, but that's my opinion.

I could see a nickel floating other ways, though. Say Player One sits on a nickel. Player Two spins, and it comes up 30 cents. If I'm Player Two, with Player Three left to go, no way do I sit on 30 cents and give Player Three that easy of a walk into the Showcase. So I spin again, and there are a few more chances to go over.

Player Three, on the other hand, would in fact need to tie with a nickel, and then hit the buck on the second spin, for Player One's nickel to float all the way through.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2005, 12:02:50 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Jan 27 2005, 10:41 AM\']I could see a nickel floating other ways, though. Say Player One sits on a nickel. Player Two spins, and it comes up 30 cents. If I'm Player Two, with Player Three left to go, no way do I sit on 30 cents and give Player Three that easy of a walk into the Showcase. So I spin again, and there are a few more chances to go over.
[snapback]73373[/snapback]
[/quote]
I almost hate to bring this up, but Horan said pretty much the same thing:

[quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Jan 27 2005, 07:07 AM\']Matt is talking about a contestant voluntarily staying on five cents, not a player winning with five cents because they were only allowed one spin after the first two went over. If it was the first player, the second player would probably still spin on a number fifty or less. The third player would probably stay on even 10 cents in that case.
[snapback]73373[/snapback]
[/quote]

Sure, it's all wordsmithing, and you bring up other pertinent points (is my nose turning brown yet?  ;-) ).

Doug -- and the countdown to 1000 continues
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

clemon79

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2005, 01:20:45 PM »
[quote name=\'SRIV94\' date=\'Jan 27 2005, 10:02 AM\']I almost hate to bring this up, but Horan said pretty much the same thing:
[/quote]
Good for him. I provide the service for those who have Horan on ignore. (And if you don't, you should.)

SRIV94

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2005, 01:46:13 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Jan 27 2005, 12:20 PM\'][quote name=\'SRIV94\' date=\'Jan 27 2005, 10:02 AM\']I almost hate to bring this up, but Horan said pretty much the same thing:
[/quote]
Good for him. I provide the service for those who have Horan on ignore. (And if you don't, you should.)
[snapback]73385[/snapback]
[/quote]
I'm surprised you don't.

Heck, I'm surprised I  don't.  :)

Doug
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

clemon79

« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2005, 04:43:21 PM »
[quote name=\'SRIV94\' date=\'Jan 27 2005, 11:46 AM\']I'm surprised you don't.

Heck, I'm surprised I  don't.  :)
[/quote]
Oh, I do. But as I've said many many times before, the ignore system here is imperfect, and sometimes I am compelled to click that View Post Even Though You Know You'll Regret it button to see what  kind of minimally-relevant crap he's brought to the table this time.

This was not one of those times.

SRIV94

« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2005, 05:15:20 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Jan 27 2005, 03:43 PM\']Oh, I do. But as I've said many many times before, the ignore system here is imperfect, and sometimes I am compelled to click that View Post Even Though You Know You'll Regret it button to see what  kind of minimally-relevant crap he's brought to the table this time.

This was not one of those times.
[snapback]73401[/snapback]
[/quote]
Duly noted.  Some of my worst (best?) jokes have come from clicking the View Post Even Though You Know You'll Regret It button (I'd copyright that if I were you ;-) ).

Doug

Frank15

« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2005, 06:42:57 PM »
Would it even be possible to win Range Game with the rangefinder on the very bottom?  I mean, you'd practically have to keep mashing the button repeatedly in anticipation of when the rangefinder starts.  And the rangefinder doesn't stop immediately, either.  The price at the bottom would be a very literal forced loss.

At least if the price were at the very top, it could be won in theory, even if not necessarily in practice.

Kevin Prather

« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2005, 06:52:12 PM »
The price couldn't be at the very bottom. Keep in mind that the arrow points to the exact point on the range finder, and the arrow is in the middle of the price display. If the botton line were the price, then half of the price display would be cut off.

Casey

« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2005, 06:57:35 PM »
[quote name=\'whoserman\' date=\'Jan 27 2005, 06:52 PM\']The price couldn't be at the very bottom. Keep in mind that the arrow points to the exact point on the range finder, and the arrow is in the middle of the price display. If the botton line were the price, then half of the price display would be cut off.
[snapback]73411[/snapback]
[/quote]

Who's to say that they could make a graphic at the bottom with the arrow at the very bottom of the price tag?  It doesn't *have* to be smack dab in the middle.

clemon79

« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2005, 07:03:19 PM »
[quote name=\'isucgv\' date=\'Jan 27 2005, 04:57 PM\'][quote name=\'whoserman\' date=\'Jan 27 2005, 06:52 PM\']The price couldn't be at the very bottom. Keep in mind that the arrow points to the exact point on the range finder, and the arrow is in the middle of the price display. If the botton line were the price, then half of the price display would be cut off.
[snapback]73411[/snapback]
[/quote]

Who's to say that they could make a graphic at the bottom with the arrow at the very bottom of the price tag?  It doesn't *have* to be smack dab in the middle.
[snapback]73413[/snapback]
[/quote]
You guys do realize that you're earnestly discussing a scenario which has about as much chance of happening as I do of bagging Alyssa Milano in the next hour*, right?

* Hey, why eliminate the possibility entirely? :)