Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: $ale of The Century  (Read 4715 times)

14gameshows

$ale of The Century
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2005, 12:19:11 PM »
Why not leave the format as it was during it's 80s NBC run, except for the WBMB and replace that with the actual shopping bonus round and call it a day.  Most people nowadays probably don't remember the actual format of $ale except for the diehard game show fans anyways.  

Start of with $20, +5/-5 correct/incorrect answers.  2 Instant Bargains and 1 Instant Cash.  3 Fame Games to win more "points"/prizes and of course the Speed Round.  

For the Instant Bargains, I'm looking at prizes in value of $500-$3000.

For the Instant Cash Game, start the pot off at $1000 and let it go up $1000, each day not one, as far as the other two boxes, they will contain $500 and $250.

Speed Round is still 60 seconds.

As far as the shopping is concerned, offer upscale prizes like Wheel and Price do on occasions.

For $85, you can win the Garage Sale (which is every prize offered on that show, including the prizes from the Instant Bargain (previously won or not) and the Fame Game prizes plus $5000 cash to take home.

For $170, you can win a $15,000 Gift Certificate to a vendor of your choice (you choose from a selection of vendors)

For $295, you can win a complete Home Funishings prize (think every room in the house with everything that needs to go in each specific room that is availible to be offered.  Sponsored by Home Depot :)

For $410, you can win three 5-star vacation packages, totaled at more than $20,000

For $540, you can win a 45,000+ vehicle

For $600, you can win the Cash Jackpot that starts at $100,000 and goes up $2500 each day not won....and finally for
$750, you clear everything (including the kitchen sink in the Home Depot Package!)

I mean if you are really going to do the shopping format, you have to offer stuff that will make the champion risk it all to gain all.  

For the other two contestants that didn't win, a consolation prize of $1000 is given to them.  

------Primetime Specials------

The only change would be to do the Winner's Big Money Board with the same prizes offered on the daytime counterpart as the bonus game.  With getting two WIN cards, winning the entire loot.  

As far as the host/set/announcer/models...that can wait but the main game needs to be instituted first and foremost before anything else.  With out the game, those things wont happen anyways!
« Last Edit: January 25, 2005, 12:23:40 PM by 14gameshows »

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
$ale of The Century
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2005, 12:25:36 PM »
[quote name=\'14gameshows\' date=\'Jan 25 2005, 10:19 AM\']As far as the host/set/announcer/models...that can wait but the main game needs to be instituted first and foremost before anything else.  With out the game, those things wont happen anyways!
[snapback]72984[/snapback]
[/quote]
I don't know if I agree with your format...I do think there is a way to update $otC for the times - after all, Australia did it, but I commend you for understanding the above. So many people don't.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
$ale of The Century
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2005, 02:36:26 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Jan 24 2005, 04:28 PM\']Please do not befoul the memory of this great game any further.
[/quote]
Or any other show for that matter.
--Mark
Phil 4:13

BrandonFG

$ale of The Century
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2005, 03:13:05 PM »
[quote name=\'14gameshows\' date=\'Jan 25 2005, 12:19 PM\']Why not leave the format as it was during it's 80s NBC run, except for the WBMB
For $295, you can win a complete Home Funishings prize (think every room in the house with everything that needs to go in each specific room that is availible to be offered.  Sponsored by Home Depot :)
[snapback]72984[/snapback]
[/quote]

I realize this was a joke, but that's actually a good idea. It would make for decent promotion for the store, and the company could get the prizes for a nice price.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

14gameshows

$ale of The Century
« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2005, 04:37:12 PM »
Actually, let me break it down as far as the Home Furnishings Prize.  Say for instance I bought that prize, I would probably here something like this...

Ok 14gameshows, for you living room we have a living room set from Broyhill, with 2000 sq yds of carpeting from whoever.  Plus a vacuum cleaner from Eureka, and for your Dining room, you will receive a Dining Room Group from the Ashley Company with a Dinette set from whomever plus silverware to eat with from Michael C. Fina.  Then in your game room, an air hockey table, the Namco Retro Video Game Arcade, the Mission from Mars Pinball game, and a foozball table, then in your bedroom, a complete bedroom set from Ashley with king size mattress from Bemco, and Bedsheets (actual term please? ) from Custom Designs; a division of Spring Industries.  Also you will recieve a $2500 gift certificate from Bed, Bath & Beyond and another $2500 gift certificate from Sears and finally in your Entertainment (DEN) Room, a 27 plasma tv from RCA with Home Theater package from Sony.  All totaled...($20,000!) (actual amount is different, just using as example).

From what I said in the earlier post, it sounded like Home Depot was going to come in and do an actual Home Improvement.  Whooops!