Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: The Politics of Game Show Music Collecting  (Read 11486 times)

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
The Politics of Game Show Music Collecting
« Reply #30 on: January 24, 2005, 03:01:37 PM »
I had a brief conversation with Stan a few years ago about music being released and he didn't seem to know how these cues got out. This was in reference to the cues on Brian's Supersite. It's possible he really did know, but didn't want to say, but I take his word for it.
Stan Blits is not the only person with access to TPIR music. There are people at CBS, the recording studio that recorded the music, and former Goodson employees who have had access to it at one time or another.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2005, 03:07:04 PM by chris319 »

Skynet74

« Reply #31 on: January 24, 2005, 03:30:03 PM »
[quote name=\'chris319\' date=\'Jan 24 2005, 03:01 PM\']Stan Blits is not the only person with access to TPIR music. There are people at CBS, the recording studio that recorded the music, and former Goodson employees who have had access to it at one time or another.
[snapback]72733[/snapback]
[/quote]

How do you feel about employees taking the music home with them and allowing others to access it? Should they be reprimanded in some way? That's the Milllion Dollar Question.

John

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #32 on: January 24, 2005, 04:33:33 PM »
[quote name=\'Skynet74\' date=\'Jan 24 2005, 12:59 PM\'] You are correct. I don't know all the ugly details.
[/quote]
[quote name=\'Skynet74\' date=\'Jan 24 2005, 7:13 AM\'] Well it's obviously just another case of...[/quote]
Obviously.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
« Reply #33 on: January 24, 2005, 05:32:51 PM »
How do you feel about employees taking the music home with them and allowing others to access it? Should they be reprimanded in some way?
I don't employ those people so what I think is immaterial.

Skynet74

« Reply #34 on: January 24, 2005, 06:43:53 PM »
[quote name=\'chris319\' date=\'Jan 24 2005, 05:32 PM\']
How do you feel about employees taking the music home with them and allowing others to access it? Should they be reprimanded in some way?
I don't employ those people so what I think is immaterial.
[snapback]72772[/snapback]
[/quote]

You don't need to employ them to have an opinion. Let's hear it.

John
« Last Edit: January 24, 2005, 06:44:41 PM by Skynet74 »

NickintheATL

• Husband of snowpeck
« Reply #35 on: January 24, 2005, 07:04:22 PM »
[quote name=\'Skynet74\' date=\'Jan 24 2005, 07:43 PM\']You don't need to employ them to have an opinion. Let's hear it.
[/quote]

Really... I don't know what it matters, as Chris does not run G/T, and has never ran it at any time.

You know, this whole discussion is fascinating, as it proves that so-called "hoarders" can and will almost do anything to ensure they can get cues in the future, but now the tables have turned apparently. I can't add anything new other than what has already been said.

Skynet74

« Reply #36 on: January 24, 2005, 07:17:13 PM »
[quote name=\'NicholasM79\' date=\'Jan 24 2005, 07:04 PM\']
[quote name=\'Skynet74\' date=\'Jan 24 2005, 07:43 PM\']You don't need to employ them to have an opinion. Let's hear it.
[/quote]

Really... I don't know what it matters, as Chris does not run G/T, and has never ran it at any time.

-----------------

I'm curious as to what his opinion is. Now he's either going to dodge the question for some odd reason or he's going to answer. Let's see what happens.

John

Casey Buck

« Reply #37 on: January 24, 2005, 07:52:03 PM »
[quote name=\'Argo\' date=\'Jan 23 2005, 09:01 PM\']ftp://mrcity.cjb.net/list.txt

This is somewhat incomplete at the moment, but i will be finishing it up later on. If anything or everything on this list gathers some interest i will post the collection on ftp. If there are ones you would like to hear, let me know and i will post the ones requested.
[snapback]72621[/snapback]
[/quote]

I must admit, that's a very damn good list you've got there, makes even my collection look pitiful. There's quite a few interesting cues that are on there.

johnnyd1788

« Reply #38 on: January 24, 2005, 10:22:21 PM »
I've also come across people who won't even say WHERE they get the good stuff. I mean, all I wanted was a name. Most likely, these people got it for free from someone, and they just want it all to themselves.

clemon79

« Reply #39 on: January 24, 2005, 10:41:14 PM »
[quote name=\'johnnyd1788\' date=\'Jan 24 2005, 08:22 PM\']I've also come across people who won't even say WHERE they get the good stuff. I mean, all I wanted was a name. Most likely, these people got it for free from someone, and they just want it all to themselves.
[snapback]72871[/snapback]
[/quote]
You know, THAT I understand. If I had a stash that I was sharing out, I would be pissed if anyone I shared with mentioned to all and sundry that they got stuff from me, thereby filling my inbox with requests from countless idjits. I would at least expect the courtesy of the middle party confirming with me that it's okay to spread that information around, and to respect my wishes if I did not.

Skynet74

« Reply #40 on: January 24, 2005, 11:37:38 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Jan 24 2005, 10:41 PM\'][quote name=\'johnnyd1788\' date=\'Jan 24 2005, 08:22 PM\']I've also come across people who won't even say WHERE they get the good stuff. I mean, all I wanted was a name. Most likely, these people got it for free from someone, and they just want it all to themselves.
[snapback]72871[/snapback]
[/quote]
You know, THAT I understand. If I had a stash that I was sharing out, I would be pissed if anyone I shared with mentioned to all and sundry that they got stuff from me, thereby filling my inbox with requests from countless idjits. I would at least expect the courtesy of the middle party confirming with me that it's okay to spread that information around, and to respect my wishes if I did not.
[snapback]72881[/snapback]
[/quote]

I agree with Chris on this one. It's happened to me before.. so I know how it feels to be bombarded with sudden requests. Ever get tag teamed by three or four people at once on Instant Messenger? That's always a lot of fun!  No offense to those of you that have done it. LOL.

John

clemon79

« Reply #41 on: January 25, 2005, 12:11:32 AM »
[quote name=\'Skynet74\' date=\'Jan 24 2005, 09:37 PM\']No offense to those of you that have done it. LOL.
[snapback]72893[/snapback]
[/quote]
You sell yourself short. I, for one, issue a GREAT DEAL of offense at people who have done that. :)
« Last Edit: January 25, 2005, 12:12:14 AM by clemon79 »

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
« Reply #42 on: January 25, 2005, 01:33:52 AM »
I'm curious as to what his opinion is. Now he's either going to dodge the question for some odd reason or he's going to answer. Let's see what happens.
Why is my answer so important to you? Are you suggesting that I pilfered music from Goodson-Todman?

TwoInchQuad

« Reply #43 on: January 25, 2005, 01:54:58 AM »
[quote name=\'Skynet74\' date=\'Jan 24 2005, 07:30 AM\']
 Video traders have understood this philosophy for years which is why we have seen so much great material. I've yet to hear of a Video Hoarder.

John
[snapback]72669[/snapback]
[/quote]

Well, I don't know that I'd refer to them as "hoarders", but there are actually quite a number of video collectors that prefer to keep their collections tightly under wraps.  There are exclusive trading circles, some of which are quite small, and only populated by those traders who personally know one another.  Some don't even want the details of existing titles to become public knowledge.

And as far as those folks are concerned, either you respect those wishes, or you don't.  I'm guessing those that don't aren't part of those groups for very long.

-Kevin

dzinkin

« Reply #44 on: January 25, 2005, 02:08:04 AM »
[quote name=\'TwoInchQuad\' date=\'Jan 25 2005, 01:54 AM\']Well, I don't know that I'd refer to them as "hoarders", but there are actually quite a number of video collectors that prefer to keep their collections tightly under wraps.  There are exclusive trading circles, some of which are quite small, and only populated by those traders who personally know one another.  Some don't even want the details of existing titles to become public knowledge.

And as far as those folks are concerned, either you respect those wishes, or you don't.  I'm guessing those that don't aren't part of those groups for very long.
[snapback]72915[/snapback]
[/quote]
But you noted the difference yourself -- these traders keep to themselves, and don't brag publicly about what they have.  This is in stark contrast to the "ha ha, I have this theme and you don't, now worship me!" crowd.