Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: TPiR cues for your enjoyment  (Read 52957 times)

cmjb13

TPiR cues for your enjoyment
« Reply #195 on: January 15, 2006, 10:33:10 AM »
[quote name=\'Argo\' date=\'Jan 15 2006, 09:37 AM\']Any chance of any more updates to the site? The page was constantly getting additions every week, but have been stopped for months. However, for the people who never had them before, or had them in lower qualities, we are very greatful for the service.

Mark
[snapback]107720[/snapback]
[/quote]
While I won't speak for him, one would figure if he had them, they would be already be posted.

If you tend to believe everything you read, apparently all the cues are out there, but haven't been released because (insert selfish reason here)
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

tvrandywest

« Reply #196 on: January 15, 2006, 11:58:12 AM »
[quote name=\'cmjb13\' date=\'Jan 15 2006, 07:33 AM\']If you tend to believe everything you read, apparently all the cues are out there, but haven't been released because (insert selfish reason here)
[snapback]107722[/snapback]
[/quote]
Because some of the people with the cues work for the company that controls them? Hmmm, mortgage or incessant requests for dubs?

Randy
tvrandywest.com
The story behind the voice you know and love... the voice of a generation of game shows: Johnny Olson!

Celebrate the centennial of the America's favorite announcer with "Johnny Olson: A Voice in Time."

Preview the book free: click "Johnny O Tribute" http://www.tvrandywest.com

cmjb13

« Reply #197 on: January 15, 2006, 12:49:03 PM »
[quote name=\'tvrandywest\' date=\'Jan 15 2006, 11:58 AM\'][quote name=\'cmjb13\' date=\'Jan 15 2006, 07:33 AM\']If you tend to believe everything you read, apparently all the cues are out there, but haven't been released because (insert selfish reason here)
[snapback]107722[/snapback]
[/quote]
Because some of the people with the cues work for the company that controls them? Hmmm, mortgage or incessant requests for dubs?

Randy
tvrandywest.com
[snapback]107728[/snapback]
[/quote]
I was actually referring to non-employee, non-industry people who have them.

Same who were apparently giving Casey a hard time when he released a few initially.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2006, 12:58:14 PM by cmjb13 »
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

Steve Gavazzi

« Reply #198 on: January 15, 2006, 01:16:47 PM »
[quote name=\'Neumms\' date=\'Jan 15 2006, 01:11 AM\'][quote name=\'WhammyPower\' date=\'May 26 2005, 05:19 PM\']Could the cues have been changed last-minute?  Or, maybe it was just a mislabel, as the Cue 56 we know and love is aka "Showcase 2." 
[snapback]86629[/snapback]
[/quote]

Can anyone who's heard this one tell us more about Jenny and Mindy?
[snapback]107715[/snapback]
[/quote]

According to someone who's e-mailed me some really detailed '70s Price info lately -- I'm not sure he wants his name revealed, for whatever reason, so I won't reveal it -- Jenny and Mindy were models from The New Treasure Hunt who did two or three James episodes in the fall of 1975 while Anitra was on a leave of absence.  I don't really know how he's remembered this (or any of the other stuff he's sent me) 30 years later, but if he's making it up, he's gone to a hell of a lot of trouble to make it look like he isn't.

davemackey

« Reply #199 on: January 15, 2006, 04:21:22 PM »
[quote name=\'Steve Gavazzi\' date=\'Jan 15 2006, 02:16 PM\']Jenny and Mindy were models from The New Treasure Hunt who did two or three James episodes in the fall of 1975 while Anitra was on a leave of absence.  I don't really know how he's remembered this (or any of the other stuff he's sent me) 30 years later, but if he's making it up, he's gone to a hell of a lot of trouble to make it look like he isn't.
[snapback]107730[/snapback]
[/quote]
Why is there no documentation on this stuff? How come we know so little about Harriet and these other two nighttime girls?

Robair

« Reply #200 on: January 15, 2006, 05:11:44 PM »
Not Mindy, Ginnie. It was Ginnie Golden, who spelled Anitra on a few of those shows including some nighttime shows. And she actually started working on TH after that point, in the 1976-77 season. There was never a Mindy on TH (Nomi, Sivi, Jane, Tanya and Pamela were the models at that point) but it may have been the Mindy who was one of the models on "The Girl In My Life".

And no, I am not the special correspondent to Senator Gavazzi. Some stuff you just niz-zow.
--Robair

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
« Reply #201 on: January 16, 2006, 10:33:59 AM »

Same who were apparently giving Casey a hard time when he released a few initially.
And who have since gone on to start their own wildly successful game show discussion board which puts ours to shame?

cmjb13

« Reply #202 on: January 16, 2006, 11:39:09 AM »
[quote name=\'chris319\' date=\'Jan 16 2006, 10:33 AM\']

And who have since gone on to start their own wildly successful game show discussion board which puts ours to shame?
[snapback]107779[/snapback]
[/quote]
Wasn't thinking of him, but point taken.

uncamark

« Reply #203 on: January 16, 2006, 12:21:09 PM »
[quote name=\'Robair\' date=\'Jan 15 2006, 04:11 PM\']Not Mindy, Ginnie. It was Ginnie Golden, who spelled Anitra on a few of those shows including some nighttime shows. And she actually started working on TH after that point, in the 1976-77 season. There was never a Mindy on TH (Nomi, Sivi, Jane, Tanya and Pamela were the models at that point) but it may have been the Mindy who was one of the models on "The Girl In My Life".
[snapback]107737[/snapback]
[/quote]

Wasn't Mindy Melinda Naud, who thanks to her sugar daddy at ABC went on to an undistinguished career acting (if that's what you want to call it) on "Operation Petticoat" and "Detective School?"

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
« Reply #204 on: January 16, 2006, 05:34:10 PM »
Any relation to W.T. Naud?

comicus

« Reply #205 on: January 17, 2006, 08:42:58 PM »
[quote name=\'uncamark\' date=\'Jan 16 2006, 12:21 PM\']Wasn't Mindy Melinda Naud, who thanks to her sugar daddy at ABC went on to an undistinguished career acting (if that's what you want to call it) on "Operation Petticoat" and "Detective School?"
[snapback]107785[/snapback]
[/quote]

A search of IMDB.com (assuming you were serious; I can never tell around here) confirms your suspicions.  Dunno about the relation.  She hasn't done anything since 1984.

uncamark

« Reply #206 on: January 18, 2006, 02:49:28 PM »
[quote name=\'CountdownRound\' date=\'Jan 17 2006, 07:42 PM\'][quote name=\'uncamark\' date=\'Jan 16 2006, 12:21 PM\']Wasn't Mindy Melinda Naud, who thanks to her sugar daddy at ABC went on to an undistinguished career acting (if that's what you want to call it) on "Operation Petticoat" and "Detective School?"
[snapback]107785[/snapback]
[/quote]

A search of IMDB.com (assuming you were serious; I can never tell around here) confirms your suspicions.  Dunno about the relation.  She hasn't done anything since 1984.
[snapback]107926[/snapback]
[/quote]

Oh, I was serious about that question--just wanted to confirm things in my mind.  Thank you.

I recall reading a magazine article years ago that talked about an ABC executive putting her under his wing to boost her career.  Can't remember the magazine or year, however.