Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: TPiR cues for your enjoyment  (Read 52960 times)

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
TPiR cues for your enjoyment
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2005, 03:57:16 AM »
That puts our MIDI to shame, but that's a good thing!
You guys did a great job with your MIDIs, given the difficulty in making MIDIs which are faithful to the originals.

WhammyPower

« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2005, 10:01:20 AM »
[quote name=\'Robert Hutchinson\' date=\'Jan 22 2005, 12:31 AM\']Huh. I hear "Big Banana", I think Master Key.
[snapback]72348[/snapback]
[/quote]
That's the regular Big Banana, not the one posted here.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2005, 10:02:25 AM by WhammyPower »

remlap

« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2005, 11:13:46 AM »
Two awesome cues

I thank you

Robert Hutchinson

« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2005, 06:38:38 PM »
[quote name=\'WhammyPower\' date=\'Jan 22 2005, 10:01 AM\'][quote name=\'Robert Hutchinson\' date=\'Jan 22 2005, 12:31 AM\']Huh. I hear "Big Banana", I think Master Key.
[snapback]72348[/snapback]
[/quote]
That's the regular Big Banana, not the one posted here.
[/quote]

Heaven help me for traveling this road . . .

What do you mean by the "regular" Big Banana? My only reference point at the moment is the file on 80stvthemes.com. And that ain't it--the music behind the Master Key prize descriptions does that soft repeat at :45, just like the remix.

Now, if this is a remix of a similar (third) cut of Big Banana, with just some slight changes in instrumentation, I will happily concede the point, as I cannot hope to tell such apart from memory.

And my apologies to anyone who read all that.
Visit my CB radio at www.twitter.com/ertchin

Casey Buck

« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2005, 06:38:43 PM »
Sorry guys, but I seem to have gotten caught in the crossfire of the POed theme traders. I have complied with the request of an email to remove the cues, at least temporarily. But I guess it's too late.

Funny, I didn't get in any other trouble with the other theme thread, but I guess this one meant more to the traders.

I'm not in a very good mood right now....

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2005, 07:20:04 PM »
Chris stated in his Behind The Scenes post that the reasoning behind this decision had to do with the questionable legalities of swapping around commercial music. I would be very disappointed and surprised if that wasn't the actual reason, and that they knuckled under to the trade fiends.

(Let me emphasize that. VERY, VERY surprised.)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2005, 08:05:14 PM »
Unless they are Bob Israel, Edd Kalehoff or a representative of the MGP music publishing arm Keep Music, these "theme traders" can shove it squarely up their BLANKS, compliments of The Game Show Forum.

Last time I checked, "Big Banana" was not composed, published nor the copyright owned by Skippy the Theme Trader.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2005, 08:18:37 PM by chris319 »

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2005, 08:57:49 PM »
We are absolutely not knuckling under to -- in the words of my esteemed colleague -- "Skippy the Theme Trader".  Our new policy is, in fact, a relatively minor adjustment just to keep the GSF out of it when the Skippys do their thing.

The fact that some Skippys think certain cues need to be embargoed, and that a guy like Casey is doing them a disservice by providing these cues to the masses (well, the dozens anyway) strikes me as amusing.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

Robert Hutchinson

« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2005, 09:20:13 PM »
It'd strike me as frickin' hilarious, if it wasn't so often annoying. It's like they're handing out knighthoods.
Visit my CB radio at www.twitter.com/ertchin

dzinkin

« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2005, 09:32:23 PM »
[quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' date=\'Jan 22 2005, 08:57 PM\']We are absolutely not knuckling under to -- in the words of my esteemed colleague -- "Skippy the Theme Trader".  Our new policy is, in fact, a relatively minor adjustment just to keep the GSF out of it when the Skippys do their thing.
[snapback]72443[/snapback]
[/quote]
That, and we were bribed by the Game Show Theme Hoarding Mafia.

(You mean you guys didn't get your checks? ;-)

dzinkin

« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2005, 09:37:48 PM »
[quote name=\'Robert Hutchinson\' date=\'Jan 22 2005, 09:20 PM\']It'd strike me as frickin' hilarious, if it wasn't so often annoying. It's like they're handing out knighthoods.
[snapback]72446[/snapback]
[/quote]
If you think it's annoying to read the postings in question, try dealing with multiple emails and IMs from people demanding to have Casey and others reprimanded for giving out rare themes.

News flash, boys and girls: "he's violating copyright, please punish him because only I should be allowed to do that" is not a convincing argument.

clemon79

« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2005, 09:57:54 PM »
Jesus.

That just flabbergasts me. Some people are really friggin' pinheads.

Skynet74

« Reply #27 on: January 22, 2005, 09:59:03 PM »
I once tried releasing themes as you all know when I had the GameShowConcert up and running. We all have a love so strong for this business that we generally like to share what we have. That was my intent when I ran that website. Nobody put a gun to my head and made me share anything. I did it because I knew you people would appreciate hearing it.

So with that said..... let me give you a different perspective on this. First off I am not involved in anyway between this exchange that Casey had where those links were pulled. As a matter of fact I sent off an e-mail to Casey thanking him for sharing those cues earlier today.

Now I am feeling that this isn't a case of "Skippy the theme trader" taking an attitude because a couple of cues were posted. I actually beieve this could be someone higher up the ladder. Casey posted those cues at Golden Road.net. I'm aware that people from the show visit there on occasion. Hell.... they probably visit here too. So perhaps someone with actual clout told Casey that it would be best not to post this stuff. I don't think Casey would have buckled under the pressure of the average Joe. Think about it. It had to be someone that was able to put a little fear in the guy for one reason or another. I guess the only way we will know the answer to that is if Casey tells us himself. If that is the case... then I can understand why the links were pulled.

John

clemon79

« Reply #28 on: January 22, 2005, 10:04:42 PM »
[quote name=\'Skynet74\' date=\'Jan 22 2005, 07:59 PM\']<complete ex-rectum blather snipped>
[/quote]
You realize that ALL THREE moderators have already checked in several posts above you explaining what ACTUALLY DID happen, making your suppositions and maybes a complete and total waste of everyone's time, right?

(and before you try to LOL this one off, remember that just as ignorance is bliss, often bliss is a definite indicator of true ignorance.)
« Last Edit: January 22, 2005, 10:05:32 PM by clemon79 »

Skynet74

« Reply #29 on: January 22, 2005, 10:11:36 PM »
Good God.... Do you ever Lay off ANYBODY? My entire post stands as is. I didn't say anything in the least where you neded to add your two cents in that are worth two cents to much to begin with.

John