Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Gameshows and weather interuptions  (Read 6307 times)

bossjock967

• Smiling politely.
Gameshows and weather interuptions
« Reply #30 on: January 07, 2005, 03:23:39 PM »
[quote name=\'uncamark\' date=\'Jan 7 2005, 03:10 PM\'][quote name=\'bossjock967\' date=\'Jan 7 2005, 11:14 AM\']
I predict that... with the ongoing trend in Baltimore... Channel 13 (WJZ-TV) will be starting their Morning Edition as soon as The Late Late Show over at 1:35 AM.
[snapback]70414[/snapback]
[/quote]

And will they want Ferguson to tape a toss to the news team?  :)
[snapback]70458[/snapback]
[/quote]
Well of course.  What other way would there be to do it??
Corey Dukes
The "Biggest Jerk" of the Game Show Forum

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
« Reply #31 on: January 07, 2005, 05:34:42 PM »
Why schedule a three hours morning news propgram if you just repeat 80% of the same stories over again?
Because it's cheap. What makes it so cheap? They're running 80% of the same stories over and over again.

aaron sica

« Reply #32 on: January 07, 2005, 05:46:33 PM »
[quote name=\'tvwxman\' date=\'Jan 7 2005, 11:22 AM\']
Because just about Nobody watches an entire morning show. The avg span that someone has the tv on while they're getting ready for their day, assuming their even watching , and not listening....

is 15 minutes.

[snapback]70417[/snapback]
[/quote]

Exactly how morning shows like GMA and Today are designed, too. I highly doubt anyone sits and watches the whole 2-hour shebang (or 3, in Today's case) from start to end...

Shredder

« Reply #33 on: January 07, 2005, 07:05:34 PM »
Heh, I guess my viewing habits are a little different.  I'll stick around for the hole hour of a newscast just to see what's going on.  Especially if I need something on to pass the time as I'm doing drawn out 3D modelling.  If I see the same stories repeated at 6PM, that's when I flip the channel :).

Shredder

« Reply #34 on: January 07, 2005, 07:07:58 PM »
I think the best bet now is to wait for the FF ep to run on PAX, they won't disrupt the show when it airs there.>>

I don't supposed anyone knows what ep their on, do they?  Our shows where 63, 064, and 65.  I only retaped the first two shows because of the bad reception on the original broadcast. The third show was the one I really needed because I was missing about 10 minutes of the show due to a mistake in recording...

And I was so busy putting together a new compuiter desk today that I completly forgot about it :).

mbclev

« Reply #35 on: January 16, 2005, 12:07:17 AM »
[quote name=\'Shredder\' date=\'Jan 6 2005, 09:43 PM\']Don't think I said schedule an interuption, just change the schedule OF the interuption once it's on.

[snapback]70323[/snapback]
[/quote]
Here in Cleveland, I can recall a couple of instances where this should have been the case, because the interruption occurred before a critical moment in a game show or sporting event.  I think it was a couple or a few years ago when a Final Jeopardy was interrupted by a live weather bulletin after the rest of the show had aired.  (WEWS aired that particular FJ on their late news.)  And in November 2002, during the Atlanta Falcons-Pittsburgh Steelers football game, the last play of overtime (which I think was an Atlanta field goal attempt) was interrupted in similar fashion.  Those times I wish stations would put up a split screen or a picture-in-picture showing those critical moments while the bulletin airs.

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #36 on: January 16, 2005, 07:42:29 AM »
[quote name=\'mbclev\' date=\'Jan 16 2005, 12:07 AM\']  I think it was a couple or a few years ago when a Final Jeopardy was interrupted by a live weather bulletin after the rest of the show had aired.  (WEWS aired that particular FJ on their late news.) 
[snapback]71430[/snapback]
[/quote]

Well, there's one instance where a newscast was interrupted by a game show.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.