Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Lingo NY Day marathon  (Read 3856 times)

zachhoran

Lingo NY Day marathon
« on: January 01, 2005, 07:38:50 PM »
The Dutch-taped Lingo episodes seen on GSN today have production values that to me are reminiscent of the USA Chain Reaction. I propose a 20-episode of USA CHain Reaction marathon for next NY Day, rather than rehashing these Lingo shows for the third year in a row.

itiparanoid13

Lingo NY Day marathon
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2005, 07:46:01 PM »
[quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Jan 1 2005, 07:38 PM\']The Dutch-taped Lingo episodes seen on GSN today have production values that to me are reminiscent of the USA Chain Reaction. I propose a 20-episode of USA CHain Reaction marathon for next NY Day, rather than rehashing these Lingo shows for the third year in a row.
[snapback]69423[/snapback]
[/quote]

You're proposing a marathon because a show has similar production values of an older show?  Nah.  If anything, or if it hasn't been done, I thought it would be interesting to do a marathon of the years when MG changed signs and years, but this is WAY too far in the future to be even thinking about it.

zachhoran

Lingo NY Day marathon
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2005, 07:50:23 PM »
[quote name=\'itiparanoid13\' date=\'Jan 1 2005, 07:46 PM\'][quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Jan 1 2005, 07:38 PM\']The Dutch-taped Lingo episodes seen on GSN today have production values that to me are reminiscent of the USA Chain Reaction. I propose a 20-episode of USA CHain Reaction marathon for next NY Day, rather than rehashing these Lingo shows for the third year in a row.
[snapback]69423[/snapback]
[/quote]

You're proposing a marathon because a show has similar production values of an older show?  Nah.  If anything, or if it hasn't been done, I thought it would be interesting to do a marathon of the years when MG changed signs and years, but this is WAY too far in the future to be even thinking about it.
[snapback]69424[/snapback]
[/quote]

Seeing the Dutch Lingo shows reminded me of the USA Chain Reaction for some reason. Probably because CR used teams of contestants for the first couple of years, and neither show had a studio audience. There's no way in hell GSN would ever pull out an obscure show like that, but it was just a wild thought.

The Pyramids

Lingo NY Day marathon
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2005, 09:57:00 PM »
You all kept saying 'USA  Chain Reaction' and I kept thinking 'weren't those cheap shwos made in Canada?'

You were of  course refering the th USA network.

Don Howard

Lingo NY Day marathon
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2005, 10:02:53 PM »
As long as they only run the Blake Emmons version. Maybe they'll do a reality series on him next.
Truth be told, if GSN did run those shows, I know I'd watch them. And tape them. And show them to prisoners.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2005, 10:03:22 PM by Don Howard »