Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: If GSN Had a Primetime Movie  (Read 5529 times)

catkins522

If GSN Had a Primetime Movie
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2004, 12:32:10 PM »
Oh..I know... The Gong Show Movie!

Charles
-----------

Bigger and better....in HD!!!!

BrandonFG

« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2004, 12:59:04 PM »
[quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Dec 30 2004, 07:46 AM\'][quote name=\'fostergray82\' date=\'Dec 30 2004, 02:42 AM\']"Confessions" is a good one. I know GSN did a Gong Show marathon in honor of the movie's release.

[snapback]69132[/snapback]
[/quote]

The Gong Show marathon GSN did was in 2001 for the Gong Show's 25th Gongiversary. They repeated it once or twice afterward.
[snapback]69143[/snapback]
[/quote]

(sigh)

Zach, you're missing the point (as usual). I was making note of the fact that a marathon was indeed done, in recognition of "Confessions Of A Dangerous Mind" being released, which was in January 2003. Whether or not it was a rerun of the 2001 marathon doesn't mean a damn thing to me. The fact remains, they did a marathon for "Confessions."

Of course, when has that ever stopped you?
« Last Edit: December 30, 2004, 12:59:58 PM by fostergray82 »
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

Ian Wallis

« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2004, 01:08:14 PM »
"Everything You Wanted to know about Sex but were Afraid to Ask".  If I'm remembering this correclty, there's a scene in there with Jack Barry, on a show called "What's My Perversion".
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

uncamark

« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2004, 01:13:47 PM »
[quote name=\'Ian Wallis\' date=\'Dec 30 2004, 01:08 PM\']"Everything You Wanted to know about Sex but were Afraid to Ask".  If I'm remembering this correclty, there's a scene in there with Jack Barry, on a show called "What's My Perversion".
[snapback]69184[/snapback]
[/quote]

Jack's the host and Regis Philbin's one of the panelists.

Esoteric Eric

« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2004, 12:54:13 AM »
[quote name=\'uncamark\' date=\'Dec 30 2004, 10:13 AM\']...and Regis Philbin's one of the panelists.
[snapback]69186[/snapback]
[/quote]

...and Robert Q. Lewis is the other male panelist.  

Much attention was paid to detail in other ways; Robert Q. looks just the same as he does on The Name's the Same, and the jumpy monochrome picture effectively conveyed a Fifties ambience.

OBRealGS: Also featured in other vignettes of "...About Sex*" were Pyramid regulars Tony Randall and Lynn Redgrave, and Win Lose or Draw co-producer (co-exec?) Burt Reynolds.

Esoteric Eric; the second paragraph was going to be here, but wasn't someone griping about long sig lines?
Eric Smallman; "...I don't think God ever forgave me for Phyllis Newman..." - "Jimmy Carter" (Dan Aykroyd), SNL, 1976