Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: 'TPIR' reruns  (Read 5490 times)

The Pyramids

'TPIR' reruns
« on: December 25, 2004, 03:25:04 PM »
This month I came home late and saw the late run of 'Who Wants to be a Millionaire' on GSN. It was a good episode, but I imagined reruns of 'The Price Is Right' being on at various times like this.

If that were to happen I would like to see white-hair Bob shows only. I think a good starting point would be the first white hair episode.

After that I'd like there should be a selection of shows from the late Eighties, Ninties and the 00's. The majority of episodes, however, should come from the last five years.

What would you like to see?

zachhoran

'TPIR' reruns
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2004, 03:36:23 PM »
[quote name=\'PaulD\' date=\'Dec 25 2004, 03:25 PM\']This month I came home late and saw the late run of 'Who Wants to be a Millionaire' on GSN. It was a good episode, but I imagined reruns of 'The Price Is Right' being on at various times like this.

If that were to happen I would like to see white-hair Bob shows only. I think a good starting point would be the first white hair episode.

What would you like to see?
[snapback]68624[/snapback]
[/quote]

Whatever GSN could get away with airing if they had it. The original TPIR package had shows from 1972-94, minus fur coat episodes(though they slipped up and aired a few episodes with furs as prizes)

Steve Gavazzi

'TPIR' reruns
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2004, 08:29:19 PM »
I'd like them to air every episode ever made in order of their production numbers (which correspond to the intended airing order, as far as I know).

Hey, he asked what we wanted.  He never said it had to be realistic.

BrandonFG

'TPIR' reruns
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2004, 09:52:26 PM »
The late-70s/early-80s episodes. I saw a few eps. on WinTV, and it appeared to be the "glory years" of TPiR.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

Ian Wallis

'TPIR' reruns
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2004, 11:47:12 AM »
How about more half-hour episodes - it really seemed like a different show during those first three years.
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

FeudDude

'TPIR' reruns
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2004, 04:10:55 PM »
I thought the way GSN aired TPIR back when they had the rights to it was perfect - episodes through the mid-90s, with shows from a different time period for each day of the week.

NickintheATL

• Husband of snowpeck
'TPIR' reruns
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2004, 08:44:54 PM »
I thought how they were airing it when they lost the rights was good, they were getting into 1984, and we might have gotten to see On the Nose and Balance Game in their full glory again...

...but alas, it was not meant to be....
« Last Edit: December 28, 2004, 08:45:09 PM by NicholasM79 »

zachhoran

'TPIR' reruns
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2004, 08:46:33 PM »
[quote name=\'NicholasM79\' date=\'Dec 28 2004, 08:44 PM\']I thought how they were airing it when they lost the rights was good, they were getting into 1984, and we might have gotten to see On the Nose and Balance Game in their full glory again...

...but alas, it was not meant to be....
[snapback]68932[/snapback]
[/quote]

Balance Game did get at least one showing back when TPIR was Win-TVized, as noted in a pic on Brad Francini's TPIR pricing games site.

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
'TPIR' reruns
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2004, 10:40:40 PM »
[quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Dec 28 2004, 08:46 PM\']Balance Game did get at least one showing back when TPIR was Win-TVized, as noted in a pic on Brad Francini's TPIR pricing games site.
[/quote]
Do you really need to bring up any game show fact you can think of?  While I don't wish to speak for Nick, I think he point was that it would have been a chance for us to see those games for the first time.--if we hadn't seen them before.  I haven't seen either..and it would have been neat to have been afforded that opportunity...however, it was for naught.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2004, 10:44:51 PM by Dsmith »
--Mark
Phil 4:13

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
'TPIR' reruns
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2004, 11:07:42 PM »
[quote name=\'Dsmith\' date=\'Dec 28 2004, 08:40 PM\']I haven't seen either..and it would have been neat to have been afforded that opportunity...however, it was for naught.
[snapback]68955[/snapback]
[/quote]
But that's okay. Because Zach has, and Zach wants to make sure you know that. Because knowing that Zach has seen it makes everything better.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Winkfan

'TPIR' reruns
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2004, 11:32:27 PM »
The BILL CULLEN version and NONE OTHER!

(ducking)

Cordially,
Tammy Warner--the 'Joan Rivers of the Big Board!'
"I've never stopped. I've never changed. I never did anything else."
- The Real Don Steele (1936-1997)

urbanpreppie05

'TPIR' reruns
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2004, 11:45:30 PM »
Actually, Miss Warner...It would be nice to see them both, side by side!
insert signature here

NickintheATL

• Husband of snowpeck
'TPIR' reruns
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2004, 11:57:44 PM »
[quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Dec 28 2004, 09:46 PM\']
Balance Game did get at least one showing back when TPIR was Win-TVized, as noted in a pic on Brad Francini's TPIR pricing games site.
[snapback]68933[/snapback]
[/quote]

Zach, you're preaching to the choir... I was referring to the point the LOST THE RIGHTS!  Geez... sentiments in this thread are shared.